Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 20:50 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 20:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72904 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Appealing Cancelled Online GMAT [#permalink]
Expert Reply
sshook wrote:
tutz21 wrote:
sshook wrote:
I appealed and was told I would get a final decision on sept 9, like most of you did but I didn’t get an email. I have emailed 3 times now with no response. So did they ever give you an actual reason or provide video evidence of the violation? I genuinely don’t know what my violation could have been. The proctor was watching and said I was approved for my schedule break, etc. The deadline for round 1 is soon and I’m supposed to retake this test???? I can’t believe this. Who can we escalate this too? This seems like a mass cancellation and we need proof.

Hey pal, have you heard back from them? This the 4th week since I appealed. My exam was on the 1st of August. 51 days have passed. I think this guys are just messing with me right now. When I call, I get BS fake compassion which gives you hope and then Friday rolls in and nothing. I can't call this anything but mental torture. Let us know if you hear back.

Hi, wanted to give you an update in hopes this helps! After calling (and emailing persistently) I finally heard a response. It took me calling 4 different numbers and finally reaching someone in the US. The number is 866-739-0238. She spoke with test security (it seemed like they were in the same building) and I heard back within 24 hours. They reinstated my score! Best of luck... the emotional trauma was awful.

WOW! Congratulations! That's fantastic news but why oh why did they put you through this? :dazed :shock: :cry:
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72904 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
tutz21 wrote:
Hey guys, I have an update as well. They've reinstated my score!! I'm so happy. I just hope my school will accept this after such a delay. Have faith guys. I'd completely lost mine. I hope it works out the same way for all of you. The very best of luck to you all.

That’s awesome news!
Sorry about the wait. That’s crazy. I hope and I feel schools will be OK…. You have taken the test long before the deadline and if they can verify it before they give you official admission letter, it should be OK.

PS. Some schools track it on the application if they have received/confirmed the score or not. Not sure if yours do.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 143
Schools: Tepper '23 NTU
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
daniimani wrote:
Spoke too soon! Just got an email that the score is officially cancelled, reason code T for a “testing issue”. They gave me a voucher to re-take in person, but I can’t register for another online exam for a full year. This is truly so messed up

Can't take another one within 365 days? What the hell is going on
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi All,
I gave the online GMAT in December end and my score also got generated within the stated number of days.
After two months I received a mail from GMAC that my score has been cancelled without stating a proper reason for that.
Now I have no idea what to do and whom to approach since there is no reply to my emails and this is very disheartening for any aspirant .
Please help me if anyone has a clue as to what to do in this scenario.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Expert Reply
VenkteshGupta wrote:
Hi All,
I gave the online GMAT in December end and my score also got generated within the stated number of days.
After two months I received a mail from GMAC that my score has been cancelled without stating a proper reason for that.
Now I have no idea what to do and whom to approach since there is no reply to my emails and this is very disheartening for any aspirant .

Oh...can only imagine how frustrating this would be Venktesh :(.

Sorry I have not suggestions to offer at this point. Let's see what others have to say.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GRE 1: Q166 V162
Send PM
VenkteshGupta wrote:
Hi All,

Can u tell me if u have reported the scores to schools and then u got this flagged or is it before applying to schools

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Did you previously receive an email for a flagged administrative review ? Or the exam was confirmed without any strange email and then cancelled ?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GRE 1: Q166 V162
Send PM
Fighter03 wrote:
Did you previously receive an email for a flagged administrative review ? Or the exam was confirmed without any strange email and then cancelled ?

Due to high traffic of people attempting the test all the general tests were going for a review so acting on that dosent create any value
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sumanth98 wrote:
Fighter03 wrote:

Due to high traffic of people attempting the test all the general tests were going for a review so acting on that dosent create any value

Well, actually I took the test 3 times in the last two months, and only the last one was flagged. Maybe because the guys at the gmac look mainly to the test with higher scores (?). Indeed, the 580 (dec) and 640 (jan) weren’t flagged, and the 730 (feb) was flagged.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Fighter03 wrote:
thechief21 wrote:
Hey guys. Took the online exam on 12.12 and received official scores a little over a month after. Sent them to schools and have already enrolled with a welcome week coming up in April, but now received an email this morning (3 months later) stating my scores have been cancelled due to unlisted violations and I am unable to take the exam for 5 years. I thought it was a scam at first, but called Customer Care and found out it's real. I started the appeal process, but I'm not confident on receiving timely responses from Test Security. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? I'm incredibly disheartened and frustrated and not sure what to do. How can a score be published and shared then taken down for issues? Any and all feedback/help is more than welcome.

Straight after the exam did you previously receive an email from Test security Team that your exam was under administrative review ? Or you received your score normally?

I received nothing from the Test Security team after the exam. My scores were delayed by a few weeks, but Test Security emailed me back and said they had been reviewed and posted. It was slow, but nothing out of the ordinary.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thechief21 wrote:
Fighter03 wrote:
thechief21 wrote:
Hey guys. Took the online exam on 12.12 and received official scores a little over a month after. Sent them to schools and have already enrolled with a welcome week coming up in April, but now received an email this morning (3 months later) stating my scores have been cancelled due to unlisted violations and I am unable to take the exam for 5 years. I thought it was a scam at first, but called Customer Care and found out it's real. I started the appeal process, but I'm not confident on receiving timely responses from Test Security. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? I'm incredibly disheartened and frustrated and not sure what to do. How can a score be published and shared then taken down for issues? Any and all feedback/help is more than welcome.

Straight after the exam did you previously receive an email from Test security Team that your exam was under administrative review ? Or you received your score normally?

I received nothing from the Test Security team after the exam. My scores were delayed by a few weeks, but Test Security emailed me back and said they had been reviewed and posted. It was slow, but nothing out of the ordinary.

In your position, I’d get in touch with the ad com of your school to let them know the situation and to find out with them the best possible solution.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Guys any update on the violation part? I have not received an email though, however, the status in the mba website is shown as Violation? I'm really surprised with the status. Any help?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 236 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Retail Banking)
Send PM
I'm the entrant to the club of unlucky test cancelled due to whatever reason.

One odd thing for me is my test didn't have any issues whatsoever.
Neither there was anything said by proctor. I think it's solely because my score was high! 770!

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Appealing Cancelled Online GMAT [#permalink]
hD13 wrote:

Neither there was anything said by proctor. I think it's solely because my score was high! 770!

Unfortunate situation. Difficult to say what could specifically flag a score into review. Wouldn't be shocking if reviews were auto-required by extremely high scores, for example, but also by a 100+ point increase from the previous attempt.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 236 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Retail Banking)
Send PM
GmatTutorKnight wrote:
hD13 wrote:

Unfortunate situation. Difficult to say what could specifically flag a score into review. Wouldn't be shocking if reviews were auto-required by extremely high scores, for example, but also by a 100+ point increase from the previous attempt.

That's strange way of looking at things isn't it.
Yes, it'll sound suspicious but it's also after 1.5 years later.
Do I've any legal options if they cancel my appeal?
If yes what are they
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22071 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
hD13 wrote:
GmatTutorKnight wrote:
hD13 wrote:

If yes what are they

What do you mean that is was 1.5 years later?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
hD13 wrote:
GmatTutorKnight wrote:
hD13 wrote:

If yes what are they

Might be worth asking for a refund. If you have already decided to give it in-person, consider asking for a free rescheduling as well. They may give you a voucher.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4