Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
Schools: HKUST '17 (S)
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
Send PM
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
Schools: HKUST '17 (S)
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
Send PM
Re: Ask HKUST Admissions [#permalink]
Thank you so much Kara.

Another random question, About how many candidate are invited for R1 and R2 of interview?
I mean, I just want to know what chances one has if he/she gets shortlisted for interview.

Regards,
Garima
Send PM
garima138 wrote:
Thank you so much Kara.

Another random question, About how many candidate are invited for R1 and R2 of interview?
I mean, I just want to know what chances one has if he/she gets shortlisted for interview.

Regards,
Garima

Hi Garima

It depends every year. There isn't a certain target or number of spot we need to fill. It's more about the quality of candidates. As long as he/ she is qualified, very likely he/ she will be shortlisted.

Regards,
Kara
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hello HKUST Admission Officer,

Please may I know what time is the deadline of R2. I know it is on the 13/01/15 but can I submit my application at any time based on HK's time zone?(GMT+8)

Additionally, do I need to upload my CV as I didn't see any request from the application

Kind Regards,

Alex
Send PM
Hi Alex

The time will be 11:59 pm on Jan 13, 2015. And CV is required.

Let us know if there's any other questions.

Regards,
Kara
HKUST MBA Admissions

ejisdabests wrote:
Hello HKUST Admission Officer,

Please may I know what time is the deadline of R2. I know it is on the 13/01/15 but can I submit my application at any time based on HK's time zone?(GMT+8)

Additionally, do I need to upload my CV as I didn't see any request from the application

Kind Regards,

Alex
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [0]
Given Kudos: 174
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Hi hkustmba

I have a work experience of 7 years as seafarer and then one year at shore and GMAT score 710, application id MBA-00001081. I was trying hard to meet the deadline of second round for 2015 intake, but felt that my essays were not upto the mark, therefore I decided to postpone my application to third round. As the rumor goes, its not advisable to apply in the third round because of minimal chances.

I wish to confirm whether the rumor is true and accordingly should I postpone my application to next year.

Your guidance in above matter will be highly appreciated. Some statistics with round wise selects (for previous years) will be great, if possible.

Regards

Nitin Trivedi
Send PM
Hi Nitin

We would still encourage you to submit your application in 3rd round as long as you have decided that this year is the best time for you to pursue the MBA program. The chances of getting admitted for 3 rounds are the same indeed.

Let us know if there's any other question.

Regards,
Kara
HKUST MBA Admissions team

nitin6305 wrote:
Hi hkustmba

I have a work experience of 7 years as seafarer and then one year at shore and GMAT score 710, application id MBA-00001081. I was trying hard to meet the deadline of second round for 2015 intake, but felt that my essays were not upto the mark, therefore I decided to postpone my application to third round. As the rumor goes, its not advisable to apply in the third round because of minimal chances.

I wish to confirm whether the rumor is true and accordingly should I postpone my application to next year.

Your guidance in above matter will be highly appreciated. Some statistics with round wise selects (for previous years) will be great, if possible.

Regards

Nitin Trivedi
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [0]
Given Kudos: 174
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Hi hkustmba

Thanks for the prompt reply. Shall go ahead with the application as advised.

Regards

Nitin

hkustmba wrote:
Hi Nitin

We would still encourage you to submit your application in 3rd round as long as you have decided that this year is the best time for you to pursue the MBA program. The chances of getting admitted for 3 rounds are the same indeed.

Regards,
Kara
HKUST MBA Admissions team

nitin6305 wrote:
Hi hkustmba

Regards

Nitin Trivedi
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Dear Admission Officer,

Please could you tell me how many interviews are there in total? Many thanks,

Alex
Send PM
Dear Alex

Usually 2 rounds. There are some occasions only one round interview will be held.

Kara
HKUST MBA Admissions Team

ejisdabests wrote:
Dear Admission Officer,

Please could you tell me how many interviews are there in total? Many thanks,

Alex
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello, I have a quick question about employment proof as follows:

I understand that the application instruction mentions that for each job listed in the application, applicant should submit an employment proof. However, in your application deadlines and procedures page, you said "Employment proof of all job positions after university graduation", which per my understanding, excludes intern and part-time jobs completed during my school time. I was wondering which one shall I follow? I'm asking because I put very high value on my intern and part-time works during my university, and want to list them in the application. However, since years have passed and I have changed my city, it may be more trouble for me to get official proofs from them. Thank you.
Send PM
Hi Zhangxu

We take into account full-time work experience after your first degree/professional qualification so that's why only employment proof of job positions after university graduation are required. If there's specific reason, you may also submit your internship & part-time job records in your application. In that case, we would also need your employment proof for any internship/ part-time employment that you list out in the application.

Regards,
Kara
HKUST Admissions Team

zhangxu890228 wrote:

I understand that the application instruction mentions that for each job listed in the application, applicant should submit an employment proof. However, in your application deadlines and procedures page, you said "Employment proof of all job positions after university graduation", which per my understanding, excludes intern and part-time jobs completed during my school time. I was wondering which one shall I follow? I'm asking because I put very high value on my intern and part-time works during my university, and want to list them in the application. However, since years have passed and I have changed my city, it may be more trouble for me to get official proofs from them. Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Thank you for your prompt reply, Kara. I will try to find the best way to do that.
hkustmba wrote:
Hi Zhangxu

We take into account full-time work experience after your first degree/professional qualification so that's why only employment proof of job positions after university graduation are required. If there's specific reason, you may also submit your internship & part-time job records in your application. In that case, we would also need your employment proof for any internship/ part-time employment that you list out in the application.

Regards,
Kara
HKUST Admissions Team

zhangxu890228 wrote:

Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi Kara ( hkustmba, )

I have a query similar to Nitin's.
I am in a dilemma to apply to R3 or not.
I though that my essays were not in a good shape at the R2 deadline, so decided to move to the next Round, but I am very apprehensive after reading the myths/advises about R3.

Here is a brief snapshot of my profile:

1. Workex: Total of 5.5 years of work ex. Currently working as a technology consultant at Tech Mahindra for a US University. Prior to that, I worked as an Engineer at Oracle and Infosys.
2. Goal: I aspire to move into the consulting industry post my MBA after gaining some insights about the business from the program.
3. GMAT: 760 (Q50 V42 IR 8 AWA5.5)
4. Undergrad: 72/100

Is it advisable to go ahead and apply in R3, as I do not want to wait for another year and think this is the right time to pursue an MBA degree.
Awaiting your response. Also any stats from previous years also will help :)

Regards,
Ankur
Send PM
Hi Ankur

I hope I could share more and help you but seems like it's more a personal decision for you whether to apply for round 3 or the next year.

Chances for 3 rounds are the same as we admit students based on their qualities. Though it could get competitive on scholarship.

Regards,
Kara

ankurgupta03 wrote:
Hi Kara ( hkustmba, )

I have a query similar to Nitin's.
I am in a dilemma to apply to R3 or not.
I though that my essays were not in a good shape at the R2 deadline, so decided to move to the next Round, but I am very apprehensive after reading the myths/advises about R3.

Here is a brief snapshot of my profile:

1. Workex: Total of 5.5 years of work ex. Currently working as a technology consultant at Tech Mahindra for a US University. Prior to that, I worked as an Engineer at Oracle and Infosys.
2. Goal: I aspire to move into the consulting industry post my MBA after gaining some insights about the business from the program.
3. GMAT: 760 (Q50 V42 IR 8 AWA5.5)
4. Undergrad: 72/100

Is it advisable to go ahead and apply in R3, as I do not want to wait for another year and think this is the right time to pursue an MBA degree.
Awaiting your response. Also any stats from previous years also will help :)

Regards,
Ankur
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
hkustmba wrote:

Chances for 3 rounds are the same as we admit students based on their qualities. Though it could get competitive on scholarship.

Regards,
Kara

Hi Kara,

Thanks a lot for the reply. This information really helps.

Regards,
Ankur
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Hello Kara (or member of Admission team),

I know this is not a question to the Admission team, but please could you let me know or direct me that when will the 2015 academic year start? I understand the residential scheme start in August, but does it mean that we all have to be in Hong Kong in early August?

And what is the official first day which HKUST requests all of its Full time MBA students to arrive at the campus?

Many thanks for your help and this is much appreciated!

Gordon
Send PM
HI Gorden

The final schedule is yet to be confirmed. Tentatively, Registration Day as well as residence check-in day will be on July 30. So make yourself available from July 30 will be better.

Regards,
Kara

gordonf35 wrote:
Hello Kara (or member of Admission team),

I know this is not a question to the Admission team, but please could you let me know or direct me that when will the 2015 academic year start? I understand the residential scheme start in August, but does it mean that we all have to be in Hong Kong in early August?

And what is the official first day which HKUST requests all of its Full time MBA students to arrive at the campus?

Many thanks for your help and this is much appreciated!

Gordon
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts