Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:24 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Ask HKUST Admissions [#permalink]
albmzz wrote:
Hi HKUST,

i'm texting you because i want to apply (for the season 2015-2016) for your msc in investment management. I know that this topic is for the MBA program, but i wrote an email to the investment management department without a reply.

So may i ask you more detail about the msc? or please, can you give me the correct email address?

Thanks in advance

Hi albmzz,

Thanks for your enquiry and interest in our MSc Program. Our admissions officer of the MSc program will approach you directly. If you have any question in the mean while, please feel free to contact the MSc program office at mscimft@ust.hk.

Kara
Marketing & Admissions, MBA Programs
HKUST Business School
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Hi HKUST,

I am an Indian and have a background in Real Estate and Construction. I was keen on applying to HKUST for 2015 session. I aim to work in South East Asia (HK, Singapore) post MBA in Real Estate industry ( General Management, not specific to finance). I wanted to understand the following:

1. The employment report shows 2% working in Real Estate post MBA. Is it possible to disclose the companies of real estate which have recruited from HKUST this year?

2. I found the GREM programme with Wisconsin school of Business, quite interesting but it is almost in the other corner of the world. Could you shed some light, how much the program aligns with a career in Real estate in SE Asia? Are there alumni who have completed this exchange and then landed up a job in SE Asia?

Thanks in advance.
Send PM
CommonMBApplicant wrote:
Hi HKUST,

I am an Indian and have a background in Real Estate and Construction. I was keen on applying to HKUST for 2015 session. I aim to work in South East Asia (HK, Singapore) post MBA in Real Estate industry ( General Management, not specific to finance). I wanted to understand the following:

1. The employment report shows 2% working in Real Estate post MBA. Is it possible to disclose the companies of real estate which have recruited from HKUST this year?

2. I found the GREM programme with Wisconsin school of Business, quite interesting but it is almost in the other corner of the world. Could you shed some light, how much the program aligns with a career in Real estate in SE Asia? Are there alumni who have completed this exchange and then landed up a job in SE Asia?

Thanks in advance.

Hi CommonMBApplicant,

Our recent graduates who are working in real estate industry usually work on investment funds and development in real estate investment firms. Our recent recruiters who hired our students for internship and graduate jobs included DLJ Real Estate Capital Partners, CERE, Mapletree and Tishman Speyer, etc.

GREM is a separate and optional program organised by Wisconsin School of Business for students to purse after they graduate from the MBA program. Students will gain Asian knowledge and business network while doing an MBA in HKUST, and learn in-depth knowledge of the global real estate industry through GREM program. The purposes and focuses are different for the two programs.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Kara
HKUST MBA Admissions Team
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi,

I have following undergraduate profile:-

6.95/10 in Mechanical Engineering from IIT-BHU(Varanasi).

Can you please suggest what should be my GMAT so that my application will be considerable.
Send PM
udayanmaurya wrote:
Hi,

I have following undergraduate profile:-

6.95/10 in Mechanical Engineering from IIT-BHU(Varanasi).

Can you please suggest what should be my GMAT so that my application will be considerable.

Hi udayanmaurya

As a point of reference, the typical GMAT range of our students is 610-730.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Kara
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

Am an Indian , with a 10+ Years of experience currently working in USA. I am planning for 2015 - 2016 term and by the time I am out of the college, my age will be 34.

I am looking for an answer to few questions here

1. How much role my age will play in getting admission to HKUST.

2. In the current batch, how many students are above 30

3. Would like to understand, how difficult will it be to get a placement considering my age. ( I am asking this as I am aware that US MBAs generally try to avoid a very senior profile as placement might be a worry post MBA ).

Looking forward to your Reply and Thanks for clarifying the doubts of all future aspirants.

Regards,
-Mani
Send PM
Hi Mani

The average age is 29 and the age range is 26- 32 for our students. For admissions, there are different areas that we will look at and it's in a holistic approach. So it's difficulty to give you advice on your profile/ chance just base on your age.

For placement, it really depends on your background, career goal, industry and function that you would like to go. It's more complex and there are more factors to consider.

Kara

hiitzmani wrote:
Hi,

Am an Indian , with a 10+ Years of experience currently working in USA. I am planning for 2015 - 2016 term and by the time I am out of the college, my age will be 34.

I am looking for an answer to few questions here

1. How much role my age will play in getting admission to HKUST.

2. In the current batch, how many students are above 30

3. Would like to understand, how difficult will it be to get a placement considering my age. ( I am asking this as I am aware that US MBAs generally try to avoid a very senior profile as placement might be a worry post MBA ).

Looking forward to your Reply and Thanks for clarifying the doubts of all future aspirants.

Regards,
-Mani
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
Schools: HKUST '17 (S)
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
Send PM
Hi,

I'm an Indian Female doctor with around two years of work experience besides one year of compulsory rotatory internship after graduation.
I've had a good academic record and have been pretty active in extracurricular activities.
I'm based in HK right now and I'm planning to apply to HKUST for Full time MBA.

My detailed profile is as follows:

Dr. Garima Singh

GMAT Details:

• GMAT Score 680 (q47,v36). 1st Attempt
• AWA score: 5
• IR: 4

Graduation Details:

• MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) from a recognized Government Medical College in India in 2011.

Work Experience:
• 3 full-time years including an year of compulsory rotatory internship after graduation.

Work Related Details:

• An year of compulsory rotatory internship after graduation in a Government Civil Hospital in Jhansi, India.
• Two years of full time job as a resident in a private hospital owned by my family.
• Six months in District Hospital in Varanasi, India, in Maternity and Neonatal unit (Government-run).

Extra-Curricular Activities:

• authored a weekly health column in the local newspaper (India) for two years.
• Volunteered for Monthly Health Checkups for an orphanage.
• Volunteered in Remote Rural Health Camps periodically.

Do my scores and profile seem to qualify me to apply for the full-time MBA program? I’m a little anxious about my lesser work experience.

Thanks in advance.
Garima.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I am interested to apply for HKUST MBA. I noticed requirement for a minimum of two years full-time work experience. I was wondering, would my application still be considered if I have less than two years of work experience?

Thank you in advance
Send PM
Dear Garima

Thanks for your enquiry and thanks for sharing your profile here.

You are qualified for our MBA application. The only concern is your career goal. Our school would want to know how our MBA program would help you to achieve your career goal given your unique background.

Kara
HKUST MBA admissions team

garima138 wrote:
Hi,

I'm an Indian Female doctor with around two years of work experience besides one year of compulsory rotatory internship after graduation.
I've had a good academic record and have been pretty active in extracurricular activities.
I'm based in HK right now and I'm planning to apply to HKUST for Full time MBA.

My detailed profile is as follows:

Dr. Garima Singh

GMAT Details:

• GMAT Score 680 (q47,v36). 1st Attempt
• AWA score: 5
• IR: 4

Graduation Details:

• MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) from a recognized Government Medical College in India in 2011.

Work Experience:
• 3 full-time years including an year of compulsory rotatory internship after graduation.

Work Related Details:

• An year of compulsory rotatory internship after graduation in a Government Civil Hospital in Jhansi, India.
• Two years of full time job as a resident in a private hospital owned by my family.
• Six months in District Hospital in Varanasi, India, in Maternity and Neonatal unit (Government-run).

Extra-Curricular Activities:

• authored a weekly health column in the local newspaper (India) for two years.
• Volunteered for Monthly Health Checkups for an orphanage.
• Volunteered in Remote Rural Health Camps periodically.

Do my scores and profile seem to qualify me to apply for the full-time MBA program? I’m a little anxious about my lesser work experience.

Thanks in advance.
Garima.
Send PM
Dear ina11

I am afraid not.

Kara

ina11 wrote:
Hi,

I am interested to apply for HKUST MBA. I noticed requirement for a minimum of two years full-time work experience. I was wondering, would my application still be considered if I have less than two years of work experience?

Thank you in advance
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hi Kara,

If you have time, please review my profile for suitability.

29 year old Asian-Canadian male, born in Canada. Parents emigrated from Hong Kong in the 90's.

GMAT 680 q45 v38
AWA score: unknown at the moment
IR: 7

Undergrad: Petroleum Engineering from a Canadian University

Work experience: 6 years as a petroleum/production engineer in onshore Canadian Operations in a variety of different oil fields (both office and field positions) in both a large integrated firm and a junior private firm.

Extra Curricular: Amateur competitive bodybuilder (6th place in a regional competition), variety of organized rec league sports (captain of a team, and league champions in two other teams), world traveling. Fluent in English & French, and basic fluency in Cantonese.

Goal: I would like to career switch into finance with a focus in Asia and am looking for a school with a strong student life and a diversity of experience/cultures . Would also like to experience studying abroad in Hong Kong.

Much appreciated.
Send PM
Hi Sherwinli

Thanks for your post and thanks for sharing your profile here. You are qualified for our MBA application.

Making a switch into finance into Asia, apart from working hard in finance courses, you would also need to be very active in industry events to build you network in the field in Asia. Finance conference, the signature event organised by student finance club every year would also be helpful to you. Internship is also essential for your career switch. Companies like Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley recruit summer interns from our school. Joining those programs would be helpful for you as well.

In fact, we have a very strong network in finance industry in Asia. According to our employment statistic 2013, 82% of our graduates work in Asia and 40% is in finance industry.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Kara

sherwinli wrote:
Hi Kara,

If you have time, please review my profile for suitability.

29 year old Asian-Canadian male, born in Canada. Parents emigrated from Hong Kong in the 90's.

GMAT 680 q45 v38
AWA score: unknown at the moment
IR: 7

Undergrad: Petroleum Engineering from a Canadian University

Work experience: 6 years as a petroleum/production engineer in onshore Canadian Operations in a variety of different oil fields (both office and field positions) in both a large integrated firm and a junior private firm.

Extra Curricular: Amateur competitive bodybuilder (6th place in a regional competition), variety of organized rec league sports (captain of a team, and league champions in two other teams), world traveling. Fluent in English & French, and basic fluency in Cantonese.

Goal: I would like to career switch into finance with a focus in Asia and am looking for a school with a strong student life and a diversity of experience/cultures . Would also like to experience studying abroad in Hong Kong.

Much appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi MBA Officer,

What kind of career support does the program offer students? and how does it help to find a job?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi MBA Officer,

What kind of career support does the program offer students? and how does it help to find a job?
Send PM
Katc wrote:
Hi MBA Officer,

Hi Katc

The Career Development Office at HKUST MBA helps students advance their careers through a range of services and resources such as career counseling, industry talks, networking events, resume book, recruitment events and workshops, etc. More details can be found here: https://mba.ust.hk/ftmba/career/overview.htm.

Let us know if there's any other question.

Kara
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hello MBA Officer,

My recommender recently asked me a weird question as he is expecting he has to write a recommendation letter. However, he said he couldn't find a place to attach the letter on to the system. Does he have to submit a LOR? If so, could you please advice how can he do it? I can give you his email address for further instruction if you need.

Thank you very much,

Jessica
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts