Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 02:51 It is currently 06 May 2024, 02:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Schools:Simon Graduate School of Business '13
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 724 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink]
Is work experience is a must?
Did anyone got an interview invite with minimal (less than 1 year) of WE?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Add me to Early Action round
Current Student
Send PM
daysinnc wrote:
Is work experience is a must?
Did anyone got an interview invite with minimal (less than 1 year) of WE?

I've never heard of anyone at KFBS getting in with less than one year of experience. There are some business schools that except people out of undergrad (Simon, Yale, some others...), but typically speaking, you need at least two years of work experience.
Current Student
Send PM
mbaguy2011 wrote:
Add me to Early Action round

Done. What are your stats?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hey folks, count me in for R2. I was just looking to schedule an interview/visit in January, but no visits are available on the website - does anyone think they just haven't posted them yet to encourage people to visit before the New Year, or are they completely booked? I guess we have until 1/26 to interview and I probably won't be able to make it on campus until January.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Have a quick question that has been bothering me for a while!!! Is early action of UNC Binding because they dont specify it in their website and I spoke to their representative and he did not give a clear picture any info on this!!!!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
It is 100 percent binding
Current Student
Send PM
avbhagav wrote:
Have a quick question that has been bothering me for a while!!! Is early action of UNC Binding because they dont specify it in their website and I spoke to their representative and he did not give a clear picture any info on this!!!!!

It is binding.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 724 [0]
Send PM
Can anyone be kind enough to explain what does mean by binding?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
angel2009 wrote:
Can anyone be kind enough to explain what does mean by binding?

supposedly UNC is binding but i called and the guy said it wasn't but i didnt want to take any chances so requested R2. Binding means you should cancel other school applications at time of acceptance by this school unless something extreme comes up... UNC website doesn't explicitly say it so there's some ambiguity here but better safe than sorry./...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yah I too called the guy, said its not binding and they dont ask u to withdraw other applications......but there is lot of ambiguity around this so..but final decision left to u guys
Current Student
Send PM
From the Kenan-Flagler application:

Early Action

Our first cycle, October 22, 2010, is the Early Action deadline. Early Action is an option for applicants who know for certain that they will attend UNC Kenan-Flagler if admitted. Early Action provides applicants with the certainty of learning their decision by December 13, 2010. Admitted applicants in the Early Action cycle will be required to submit a $2,500 non-refundable enrollment deposit by January 3, 2011, in order to secure a space in the class. You should not apply for Early Action if you are not prepared to commit immediately to attending UNC.

I am sure that the reason why there is "ambiguity" when you call to ask if it is binding stems from the fact that Kenan-Flagler should be your #1 choice if you're applying Early Action. As I've said in an earlier post, Columbia, Duke, and a few other schools also have "binding" early rounds, and they follow the same assumption that you're applying with that school as your top choice. I think the only school with an early round that explicitly states that it's okay to weigh your options is Tuck.
Current Student
Send PM
mba20thirteen wrote:

Early Action

Our first cycle, October 22, 2010, is the Early Action deadline. Early Action is an option for applicants who know for certain that they will attend UNC Kenan-Flagler if admitted. Early Action provides applicants with the certainty of learning their decision by December 13, 2010. Admitted applicants in the Early Action cycle will be required to submit a $2,500 non-refundable enrollment deposit by January 3, 2011, in order to secure a space in the class. You should not apply for Early Action if you are not prepared to commit immediately to attending UNC.

I am sure that the reason why there is "ambiguity" when you call to ask if it is binding stems from the fact that Kenan-Flagler should be your #1 choice if you're applying Early Action. As I've said in an earlier post, Columbia, Duke, and a few other schools also have "binding" early rounds, and they follow the same assumption that you're applying with that school as your top choice. I think the only school with an early round that explicitly states that it's okay to weigh your options is Tuck.

thing is those schools explicitly says you need to cancel other apps while this doesn't. The only "binding" i see is the 2500 fee before the date.
Current Student
Send PM
shaselai wrote:
mba20thirteen wrote:

Early Action

thing is those schools explicitly says you need to cancel other apps while this doesn't. The only "binding" i see is the 2500 fee before the date.

P.S. Love the avatar.
Current Student
Send PM
mba20thirteen wrote:
shaselai wrote:
mba20thirteen wrote:

Early Action

P.S. Love the avatar.

thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing / Product Management
Schools:Wharton (R1), Duke (EA-Open Interview), Darden (R1-Interview + Withdrawn), Ross (R1)
 Q44  V37 GMAT 2: 700  Q47  V38
GPA: 3.61
WE 1: 3 years Online Mrktng Rsrch / Pharmaceuticals
Send PM
mba20thirteen wrote:

Early Action

UNC MBA Early Action is not binding. Even the admissions people say it's not! You must pay a $2,500 non-refundable deposit by Jan 3, 2011. However, if you don't pay the deposit, you're not contractually bound to go there. Furthermore, if you do pay the deposit, you still are not contractually bound to go there -- you just will not be able to get a refund.

This is different to, for example, Duke MBA, where you are required to immediately withdraw all other MBA applications upon admittance to Early Action.
Current Student
Send PM
jtinva wrote:
mba20thirteen wrote:

Early Action

UNC MBA Early Action is not binding. Even the admissions people say it's not! You must pay a $2,500 non-refundable deposit by Jan 3, 2011. However, if you don't pay the deposit, you're not contractually bound to go there. Furthermore, if you do pay the deposit, you still are not contractually bound to go there -- you just will not be able to get a refund.

This is different to, for example, Duke MBA, where you are required to immediately withdraw all other MBA applications upon admittance to Early Action.

yeah but i think jordan said his friend got in trouble doing EA...
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  37