[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "190_school_count"
Calling all Columbia CBS MBA Applicants: Class of 2026 J-Term 2025 : Columbia - Page 21
Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 23:55 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 23:55
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 4.05
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia CBS MBA Applicants: Class of 2026 J-Term 2025 [#permalink]
Kudos
bigbroiswatching wrote:
I got this

Thank you for submitting an application to Columbia Business School. Your application has been selected for further evaluation as part of our Round 2 applicant pool. This means that the Committee has identified key strengths in your application and requires additional time to review your candidacy. Note that this is different from being placed on the waitlist and your application will now follow our Round 2 application timeline. Should you be selected for an interview, we anticipate interview invitations will be released in mid-February. Final decisions will be released no later than the end of March. If you choose to remain under consideration, you can expect to receive an update on this timeline around mid-January.

Definitely beats a rejection. I would argue that it is also better than a waitlist.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GRE 1: Q169 V163
GPA: 7.42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia CBS MBA Applicants: Class of 2026 J-Term 2025 [#permalink]
Did anyone else get something like this :

"Thank you for applying to Columbia Business School. Unfortunately, after careful review and consideration of your application the Admissions Committee is unable to offer you admission. However, based on the strength of your professional background, stated career goals, and personal profile, the Committee thinks you might be a better fit for our January program.

The January program offers the same core curriculum, world-class professors, and MBA degree, but allows students to complete the MBA in 16 consecutive months with no summer internship. This program is specifically designed for those who do not need an internship to reach their short term professional goals. If you are interested in exploring the January program visit our website to learn more.

Please be aware that reapplicants are evaluated not only on their own merits, but also in comparison to the applicant pool. Although there is no guarantee of admission, we encourage you to investigate this option. For more information about the reapplication process, please visit our website here.

We thank you for your interest in Columbia Business School and are sorry that we must disappoint you at this time. However, if the January program fits your plans, we hope to hear from you again. Good luck in your future endeavors."

Is this a standard email they send to all rejects?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 242
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
nevinpadiyath wrote:
Did anyone else get something like this : "Thank you for applying to Columbia Business School. Unfortunately, after careful review and consideration of your application the Admissions Committee is unable to offer you admission. However, based on the strength of your professional background, stated career goals, and personal profile, the Committee thinks you might be a better fit for our January program. The January program offers the same core curriculum, world-class professors, and MBA degree, but allows students to complete the MBA in 16 consecutive months with no summer internship. This program is specifically designed for those who do not need an internship to reach their short term professional goals. If you are interested in exploring the January program visit our website to learn more. Please be aware that reapplicants are evaluated not only on their own merits, but also in comparison to the applicant pool. Although there is no guarantee of admission, we encourage you to investigate this option. For more information about the reapplication process, please visit our website here. We thank you for your interest in Columbia Business School and are sorry that we must disappoint you at this time. However, if the January program fits your plans, we hope to hear from you again. Good luck in your future endeavors." Is this a standard email they send to all rejects?

Did you check the box saying that you’re open to considering the J-term on your application form?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GRE 1: Q169 V163
GPA: 7.42
Send PM
Nope. I did not check.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 4.05
Send PM
bigbroiswatching wrote:
Thank you for submitting an application to Columbia Business School. Your application has been selected for further evaluation as part of our Round 2 applicant pool. This means that the Committee has identified key strengths in your application and requires additional time to review your candidacy. Note that this is different from being placed on the waitlist and your application will now follow our Round 2 application timeline. Should you be selected for an interview, we anticipate interview invitations will be released in mid-February. Final decisions will be released no later than the end of March. If you choose to remain under consideration, you can expect to receive an update on this timeline around mid-January.

I also got this

Better than a reject but messing with my R1 applications
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 242
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
Hmm I’d also be interested to know if this was the standard "reject" email or not - my guess is it’s meant for select group CBS wanted to encourage to reapply to J-term.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
nevinpadiyath wrote:
Did anyone else get something like this : "Thank you for applying to Columbia Business School. Unfortunately, after careful review and consideration of your application the Admissions Committee is unable to offer you admission. However, based on the strength of your professional background, stated career goals, and personal profile, the Committee thinks you might be a better fit for our January program. The January program offers the same core curriculum, world-class professors, and MBA degree, but allows students to complete the MBA in 16 consecutive months with no summer internship. This program is specifically designed for those who do not need an internship to reach their short term professional goals. If you are interested in exploring the January program visit our website to learn more. Please be aware that reapplicants are evaluated not only on their own merits, but also in comparison to the applicant pool. Although there is no guarantee of admission, we encourage you to investigate this option. For more information about the reapplication process, please visit our website here. We thank you for your interest in Columbia Business School and are sorry that we must disappoint you at this time. However, if the January program fits your plans, we hope to hear from you again. Good luck in your future endeavors." Is this a standard email they send to all rejects?

reads to me like you had a background of employer sponsorship for an MBA or something of the like and / or story of staying at current place of employment post MBA. Which, as stated in their second paragraph, summarizes why they are recommending it. It’s a soft rejection to open a spot for someone who needs a summer internship and is qualified
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
If you get accepted you get notified via e-mail? o do you get a call too? I just saw on tik tok several guys getting calls when admitted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GRE 1: Q166 V165
Send PM
Depends from school to school I think.. not all schools call students
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
EnthuCutlet99 wrote:

I guess we shall see in a few weeks!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Is there any movement in the waitlist pool for 2024 intake of J-term class?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 126 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Send PM
EnthuCutlet99 wrote:

Do you know which schools call admitted students?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [4]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Kudos
hey! has anyone heard any news about the decision release date R1? anyone who may have been to a recent admissions event and admissions team may have provided any new information?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10213 [0]
Given Kudos: 4553
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
The Ultimate M7 Excellence - Detailed Analysis of Every M7 BSchool Essay redirect.php?id=210fu3gndy
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
i dont receive it
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.61
Send PM
Me neither
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Taranta wrote:
i dont receive it

Hi, Receive what? :)

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23  ...  57   
Moderator:
240 posts