GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Sep 2018, 14:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2015
Posts: 2
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2017, 07:11
NickGer wrote:
lpetroski wrote:
I've gotten wind of an admit from Lebanon --- the calls have started ladies and gents!

**I don't have more info than that :)


...aaaaaand productivity at work dives to zero :)

Seems like Middle East and Africa have gotten calls so far.


Is this for Round 1? Or Round 2 Interview invites?
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Feb 2017
Posts: 22
Location: Germany
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.8
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2017, 07:35
sidhant.tejasvi@gmail.com wrote:
NickGer wrote:
lpetroski wrote:
I've gotten wind of an admit from Lebanon --- the calls have started ladies and gents!

**I don't have more info than that :)


...aaaaaand productivity at work dives to zero :)

Seems like Middle East and Africa have gotten calls so far.


Is this for Round 1? Or Round 2 Interview invites?



Apologies - I forgot I should start specifying now.

I was referring to R1.

Nick
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Feb 2017
Posts: 72
Location: Brazil
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2017, 08:07
Based on trends from previous years, all decisions of admits and waitlist for round 1 should be sent before the interview invitations for round 2.

So yeah, we'll have to wait a little longer...
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 52
Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.3
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2017, 08:09
Just going by the numbers - is it safe to say the J-term has a lower acceptance rate than the September term?

Also R2 interview invites are supposed to be out by Jun 2 - but I am assuming that most will be notified before then. Is that correct?
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Feb 2017
Posts: 72
Location: Brazil
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2017, 08:17
1
dont_give_up wrote:
Just going by the numbers - is it safe to say the J-term has a lower acceptance rate than the September term?

Number? What numbers? lol
INSEAD does not publish the numbers so we can only believe what the admissions committee tells us, which is that the competition is pretty much the same between January and September intakes.

dont_give_up wrote:
Also R2 interview invites are supposed to be out by Jun 2 - but I am assuming that most will be notified before then. Is that correct?

Most of the invites are usually sent during the last week, so between 29/05 and 02/06.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
D
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 5579
Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2017, 01:23
1
latinoinasuit wrote:
dont_give_up wrote:
Just going by the numbers - is it safe to say the J-term has a lower acceptance rate than the September term?

Number? What numbers? lol
INSEAD does not publish the numbers so we can only believe what the admissions committee tells us, which is that the competition is pretty much the same between January and September intakes.


Not sure if INSEAD releases admission numbers but GMATClub user data endorses this observation. Historically, acceptance rates of J-Term applicants have been lower than those of Sept applicants.
Image


For detailed analysis, visit this post..
https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p1775961


Attachment:
INSEAD J Term.png
INSEAD J Term.png [ 53.33 KiB | Viewed 3033 times ]

_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

MBA Section Director
User avatar
D
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 5579
Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2017, 01:26
Does anyone know when R1 decisions likely to trickle in? Deadline is 24th May. Can we expect calls from coming Monday?
_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 30 Dec 2015
Posts: 188
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.88
WE: Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2017, 01:40
Narenn wrote:
Does anyone know when R1 decisions likely to trickle in? Deadline is 24th May. Can we expect calls from coming Monday?


The deadline is May 26th -- I expect starting from Monday the decisions will be rolling in with a peak on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
D
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 5579
Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2017, 01:46
lpetroski wrote:
Narenn wrote:
Does anyone know when R1 decisions likely to trickle in? Deadline is 24th May. Can we expect calls from coming Monday?


The deadline is May 26th -- I expect starting from Monday the decisions will be rolling in with a peak on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.



Thanks for letting me know. Our database was displaying May 24th. Not sure if it was incorrectly entered or INSEAD changed the deadline later. Good luck to everyone waiting for R1 decisions.
_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Mar 2017
Posts: 7
Location: South Africa
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2017, 03:58
Hi everyone.

R1 applicant from Africa. Received the call on Monday, 15 May and got my welcome pack via DHL yesterday - official now. Ecstatic! Still sinking in... and holding thumbs for scholarship outcomes. Fonty start for me if I get the funding sorted.

Thanks for everyone's inputs on this thread.

Keep the faith - the calls are coming!
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 30 Dec 2015
Posts: 188
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.88
WE: Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2017, 04:46
Moose89 wrote:
Hi everyone.

R1 applicant from Africa. Received the call on Monday, 15 May and got my welcome pack via DHL yesterday - official now. Ecstatic! Still sinking in... and holding thumbs for scholarship outcomes. Fonty start for me if I get the funding sorted.

Thanks for everyone's inputs on this thread.

Keep the faith - the calls are coming!


Congrats Moose89!! What came in the welcome packet??
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Feb 2017
Posts: 72
Location: Brazil
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2017, 05:18
lpetroski wrote:
Moose89 wrote:
Hi everyone.

R1 applicant from Africa. Received the call on Monday, 15 May and got my welcome pack via DHL yesterday - official now. Ecstatic! Still sinking in... and holding thumbs for scholarship outcomes. Fonty start for me if I get the funding sorted.

Thanks for everyone's inputs on this thread.

Keep the faith - the calls are coming!


Congrats Moose89!! What came in the welcome packet??


Yes, send pictures of the welcome pack!! :-D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Mar 2017
Posts: 7
Location: South Africa
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2017, 06:57
1
I enjoyed opening the pack so much and the excitement of not knowing what it would contain.

I don't want to spoil that feeling for the others on the chain. Let's keep some suspense? :-)
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 3
Location: Netherlands
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2017, 07:55
1
Moose89 wrote:
I enjoyed opening the pack so much and the excitement of not knowing what it would contain.

I don't want to spoil that feeling for the others on the chain. Let's keep some suspense? :-)


highly appriciated, thank you :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 May 2017
Posts: 11
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Research (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2017, 23:49
Hey, I'm an R2 applicant. My cousin, who eventually got in for the 16J batch, told me that for both the interview and the final admission call, she received notification on the last day only. So I'm not expecting to get an email until 2nd June (esp. since I submitted almost on the last day). Unless it's a rejection. :)

Incidentally, does anyone know why they ask for information on alumni in the family on the application? Is it a pro or a con?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 May 2017
Posts: 11
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Research (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2017, 23:50
DingKingPin wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I am a prospective candidate for JAN 18 batch for INSEAD. I have a GMAT score of 730. I belong to an overrepresented demographic and my GPA is not on a very bright side. I just wanted some advice on giving GMAT again. Is it worth giving it again and achieve a 20 point increase? or this would be enough. I have background in R&D for automobile manufacturing.

Thanks :)


And I'd love to know what DingKingPin considers an overrepresented demographic? Is it the R&D? Because then I'm in the same boat.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Jul 2016
Posts: 29
Location: Singapore
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2017, 23:13
anirudhshastry wrote:
DingKingPin wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I am a prospective candidate for JAN 18 batch for INSEAD. I have a GMAT score of 730. I belong to an overrepresented demographic and my GPA is not on a very bright side. I just wanted some advice on giving GMAT again. Is it worth giving it again and achieve a 20 point increase? or this would be enough. I have background in R&D for automobile manufacturing.

Thanks :)


And I'd love to know what DingKingPin considers an overrepresented demographic? Is it the R&D? Because then I'm in the same boat.


Usually its india


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
VP
VP
User avatar
P
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 1446
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2017, 23:24
Indians and Asians, both genders, white males, consultants, and those employed in financial services.

http://MBAPrepCoach.COM
_________________

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 May 2017
Posts: 11
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Research (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2017, 01:32
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Indians and Asians, both genders, white males, consultants, and those employed in financial services.

http://MBAPrepCoach.COM

Thanks. Useful to know.
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Jul 2016
Posts: 15
Location: Argentina
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.42
WE: Analyst (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2017, 07:48
I have been waitlisted :(
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 &nbs [#permalink] 22 May 2017, 07:48

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  38    Next  [ 752 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.