Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:29 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [2]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:R1: Berkeley, Stanford, Yale, Michigan, Kellogg, Duke
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [2]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:Kellogg (accepted!), HBS (ding w/int), Wharton (WL R1, accepted R2!!)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: IT Strategy
Schools:Booth R2, Kellogg R2 (W/L - withdrawn)
 Q49  V47
GPA: 3.9
WE 1: Big 4 IT Auditing
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
My take on the interviews and the feedback they seek from us. A great interview will not get you in, it will at best validate the rest of your application. A weak candidate who interviews incredibly well most likely will get the ding. A decent interview and a strong application will still get you an admit. If you are a borderline it may push you one way or another. However, if you completely tank your interview it is very possible it could keep you out regardless. I mean if you dont speak english, an interviewer may make a strong note and recommend against your admit.

There is a feedback form and they ask for a lot of detail. Its not like we just send an email saying yes/no/maybe.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools:HBS (R2 - Ding no int), Wharton (R2 - Ding no int), Kellogg (R2 - Admitted!), Booth (R2 - Admitted!)
 Q49  V46
GPA: 3.7
WE 1: 3 Years Boutique Management Consulting
Send PM
Kudos
bseb wrote:
I need some action!! This wait is so annoying...

....That's what she said?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [2]
Given Kudos: 26
Schools:USC Marshall School of Business
GPA: 2.9
WE 1: Software Consulting
WE 2: Government / Healthcare
Send PM
Kudos
"As the night falls over the island the remaining inhabitants retreat to their caves, wary of an early morning deathblow that will shatter their dreams forever...."
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategic Consulting/Brand Management
Schools:Cornell (R3-Admitted);
 Q43  V38 GMAT 2: 710  Q46  V41
WE 1: 5+ IT Business Consultant/Project Manager
Send PM
Kudos
bseb wrote:
Wow 31 admits vs only 12 dings. For those who are still waiting you know what this means: a massive wave of dings for the upcoming days...

I dont know about that... just taking it on a day-by-day basis... if the e-mail comes in the a.m adios... if not... live to wait another day...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools:<strong>HBS</strong>(R2 - IN!!!), <strong>Kellogg MMM</strong> (R2 - IN!!), Stanford GSB (R2-DING), MIT Sloan (R2-DING)
WE 1: 8.5 Yrs Microprocessor Design
Send PM
Kudos
guptajai1982 wrote:
Seems like only dings are being rolled out today....am in Indian MMM applicant...still waiting to hear anything...interviewed on 10th March...hopes fading away real quick now.... :(

To those who have gotten the call - Congratulations!!!
To those who have gotten the ding - I know how painful it is... MIT was a dream of mine since childhood and I got my first ding from them - it hurts when you get knocked from a school you love. Hopefully you find other even better options though so stay positive!

For those of us still waiting for Kellog...
From what I can tell, here's how the Kellogg routine works:
9:50 Eastern time, Kellogg sends it's email dings to the world.
12 PM Eastern time, Kellogg begins it's round of calls for the day.

So if you haven't gotten the ding yet today, don't be discouraged, that's just a higher probability that you'll get the call today.

Best of luck to everyone both at Kellogg and elsewhere!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools:<strong>HBS</strong>(R2 - IN!!!), <strong>Kellogg MMM</strong> (R2 - IN!!), Stanford GSB (R2-DING), MIT Sloan (R2-DING)
WE 1: 8.5 Yrs Microprocessor Design
Send PM
Kudos
Hey everybody,

I got the call today!!!!! I'm so excited - The lady on the phone heard me laughing as I answered the phone and asked if I was laughing because I knew why she was calling :-D

The call came in just before noon Central time today.
Stats are 31/M/720 (47q/41v)/3.4 gpa Ivy League/ Kellogg MMM program.

Thanks to everyone for everything on this board! And Good luck to everyone! Congrats to all who have gotten in.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Haven't posted yet, but have been checking the message boards compulsively for the last few weeks. Got the call for the JD/MBA this afternoon at around 4 EST.

M/29/740/NESCAC/3.1/6+ years exp. in investment consulting/research

For what it's worth, I told the admissions rep that I had been checking the forums and had almost resigned myself for a ding, to which he said that we give them waaaaaayyyy more credit for being regimented and organized than they deserve, so I suspect that there is plenty of good news to come.

For admitted JD/MBA's - which admitted students weekend are you planning on going to, Kellog or NW Law?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Kudos
Crazy to realize that my Kellogg experience is already over...best of luck with the applications guys. I loved my two years in Evanston and its sad that its over. Kellogg was way more fun than the real world.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
Send PM
Kudos
Once I get on campus and get my bearings, I'll try and check in here from time to time to help you guys out.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Kudos
emr23 wrote:
Jerz or any other Kellogg folk reading this thread - is there anywhere on the school's website to obtain this year's recommendation form, or do I just need to wait until the application is live? I'm trying to get details out to my recommenders to give them plenty of time before the R1 deadline. I have last year's version from the 2010 app thread but would love to give them the current one in case something has changed.

I believe the forms have to be filled out online, so you'd have to wait until the application is live. However, if you're just looking to give the recommender an idea of what they'll need to talk about, using last year's forms should be ok. The questions/items shouldn't change too much year to year.
VP
VP
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Send PM
Kudos
LEtranger wrote:
This may have probably been answered before, but I'd appreciate if anyone could clarify it again. How strictly are we expected to adhere to the word limits on the essays? If its a 600 word limit is it ok to stretch it to 620, 630, 650?

Try and stick as closely to the limits as possible. No reader is going to sit there and count words, but if your essays are noticeably and consistently over the limit it will not look good for you.
VP
VP
Send PM
Kudos
RogerDodger wrote:
General question for the group.

Part 1 of Kellogg's app asks for extracurriculars (pre and post undergrad). Have you included the same ECs in your resume? I'd prefer to include... but not sure if there's a concensus one way or another.

You'll generally want to avoid duplicating information in multiple places in the app. You only get a finite amount of space to sell your candidacy so use it wisely. My suggestion would be not to restate the ECs on your resume and instead use the resume space to talk more about accomplishments at work. Or, if you have a big accomplishment at an EC that doesn't fit well into the EC section then include that on your resume.
VP
VP
Send PM
Kudos
thedarklard wrote:
This question is for the current students and alums.

Could you throw some light on 'Kellogg Mentors' club for mentoring undergrad business schools? Is it currently functioning? I do not see any activities for the last one year. I talked with a current student and even he believes that this group is defunct. Could riverripper or someone provide some background info please?

I don't think there's much, if anything, going on with that club. I remember last year the undergrad career office asked Kellogg students to sign up to be mentors to undergrad students, but I don't think there was any interest on the part of the undergrads. There's also an inner city mentoring club, which is active, that pairs up Kellogg students as mentors for kids in a school downtown.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools:Booth class of 2013
 Q51  V44
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 6 yrs product development (tech)
Send PM
Kudos
LEtranger wrote:
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but does anyone know what format (font, spacing, document type etc) the essays have to be in? The only instruction I found in the application was for a 1 inch margin at the top of the page.

Thanks in advance,

Hmm ... I hadn't thought about this yet. I think I'll stick to the following format though
Document type: PDF
Margin: 1 inch all around
Font/size: Times New Roman, size 11
Spacing: Not sure yet
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General
Schools:Anderson, Darden
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Kudos
Just Submitted my Part 2.
First app. Feels good. Checked for the recommenders, both have completed.
So a bit relaxed.
However two issues still worry me.

I requested my GMAT scores to be sent to Kellogg at little late. Anyone has any idea on how much time they take. If its three weeks as mention on Kellogg Website, then for sure it wont reach before 14th.

Second, I submitted part 1 on 23 rd. No news on Interview.

Good Luck to all..
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools:Kellogg '11 (MMM)
 Q45  V38
Send PM
Kudos
CyberC1 wrote:
Regarding interviews...

Is there a difference between on campus versus off campus interviews? Do you think that they are viewed differently?

Also, if I select off campus interview and am told that there are no interviewers available, is it possible to schedule an on campus interview instead? Would they then wonder "why the heck didn't he/she sign up for an on campus interview in the first place?"

To your first question, both on and off campus interviews are viewed exactly the same. In fact, if you live in the Chicago area, you have to interview off campus, as the volume of Chicagoland applications far exceeds the admission's offices capacity to conduct interviews.

To your second question, generally speaking, unless you live in an area where there are literally no Kellogg alums, you will probably be able to get an off campus interview. In the extreme cases when this is not possible, you may be scheduled for a phone interview. That being said, if you have not attended an off campus Kellogg Admissions event, I would strongly encourage you to visit the campus. Culture fit is a HUGE part of the admissions decision process, and showing that you have invested in getting the know the culture is important. Event attendance/ campus visits are noted in your application file.

I'm sure it would not be a problem to call the admissions office and request an on campus interview. If they can find a slot for you, they will. Otherwise, you will have to have your interview off campus.

Hope this helps.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 36
Schools:Foster, Sloan (WL w/int.), Kellogg, Anderson
Send PM
Kudos
Guessing a lot of people have read this blog (it was voted "Best" by ClearAdmit), but in case you haven't...

I just stumbled across it today and read it cover to cover. She does a great job telling her application story which I think a lot of us can relate to (I guess she's a GC member, not sure who though - let me know if you happen to know and I'll send a Kudos her way, lol). Her post (with pictures!) about receiving the "big envelope" from Kellogg made me very excited/motivated, since this is one of my dream schools.

https://dreamchasermbajourney.blogspot.com/

Also noteworthy is her entry earlier this year re: how not to let the entire process define/defeat you.

https://dreamchasermbajourney.blogspot.c ... ation.html
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  179   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts