Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:38 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12  ...  179   
Stanford School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 68
Schools:Booth
 Q48  V45
GPA: 3.39
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: HBS '13 (A)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Other
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
International applicant. 1Y MBA.
Director
Director
Send PM
Kudos
ddu wrote:
boogs wrote:
bseb wrote:
Do you know if they update the status online first and then inform the candidate of the outcome? or do they update the status only at a later point?

At least last year, admits would get notified by admissions directly, but status will not change until the next day.

Hi,
when can round 2 applicant tentatively expect these calls to start?
Kind regards

Based on R2 last year and R1 this year, maybe as early as 2-3 weeks before the March 29 notification date.
Director
Director
Send PM
Kudos
jane2011 wrote:
has anyone called the admissions office to see when R2 decisions will start going out??

If you do, I recommend calling from a payphone and using a fake name.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:R1: Berkeley, Stanford, Yale, Michigan, Kellogg, Duke
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Kudos

Roll Call Updated R2

3-28-11 notification deadline with admit calls most likely starting 3-14-11
132 Applicants (+13)

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CL6k9LIF
CLICK TO EDIT YOUR R2 INFO

R1 information
12-20-10 notification deadline
205 R1 Applicants
65 Admits (32%) (sent out starting 12-6-10)
58 Dings (sent out the week after)
38 W/L UPDATED (1 admit, 1 ding) (sent out 12-16-10; updated 2-21-11)

Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2013 Thread
Own Kudos [?]: [1]
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Kudos
Cookiesn wrote:
Quick question to all. I recently got an invite for an interview after initially getting a waiver and was asked to call up admissions to schedule a ‘phone’ interview.

Personally, I would have preferred a face-to-face interview with an alum and at the time I called them, I specifically stated that I would be willing to travel to [●], [●], [●] etc. (12-15 countries in total), if there is availability.

The admissions personnel flatly dismissed the suggestion and said that a phone interview is my only option at this point in time. I was also asked to jot down the details of my interview (timing etc.) since they did not plan to send out an email or any other form of notification confirming the time of my interview. The last thing they said was that the interview will be conducted by a ‘part-time’ member of the admissions team.

At this point, I can’t help but feel (and maybe I am over analyzing this) that Kellogg is barely interested in further assessing my candidacy and the phone interview will primarily serve to tick off just one of the required items on their list (and perhaps also serves to satisfy their reputation for interviewing nearly everyone).

I would love to hear opinions to the contrary, especially from R1-ers. Is there anyone, who went through a similar situation i.e. an interview invite relatively late in the day, phone interview etc. and went on to gain an admit?

Well, I'm not R1-er, but I think that you are stressing over it unnecessarily. I don't think that they care specifically about their reputation in your eyes as one somewhat discontented applicant among the the thousands of dreamy-eyed Kellogg's fans.

To the contrary, I think that your invite is a good sign: they are taking your candidacy seriously, but at this point in time they don't have the availability of resources to interview you face to face. Maybe the alumni network is already stretched too thin, maybe an alumni in your area got overworked for his mega-salary and dropped dead, and maybe (G-d forbid!) you indeed were not a stellar candidate in their eyes when they first went over your file - but now, after some snob deserted to Columbia with scholarship, they are suddenly listening to you unique and compelling life story. Who knows, and more importantly, what does it matter?

Remember, there are many, many applicants who were not interviewed at all (a waiver was not waived). The schools don't owe us a thing, and are under no obligation to take us in. We are those coming pounding on their doors, in countless droves, measuring with each other our GMAT scores.

To sum up, I'd just seize the opportunity (it certainly beats the sans-interview dings I got from 2 schools, leaving me with the impression my painstakingly composed application was not read at all), prepare carefully with all the materials available on the net, and totally go for it, making the maximum out of the opportunity.

Overall, it's a good sign, not a bad one. You don't have to be the first person they admit. I'd sign for being the last one, even from the waitlist :)
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: SPE
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Energy, General Management
Schools:Sloan R1, Fuqua R1, Haas R2, Wharton R2, Darden R2, Kellogg R2
 Q50  V38
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: 4 yrs Oil & Gas (Engineering, Operations Management)
Send PM
Kudos
zimzamzum wrote:

1. If AdCom will take the interview, will it be blind interview based on only resume?
2. There is no skype involved ..right ?
3. How long does the interview lasts generally?

Also, I feel that it is a challenge to communicate effectively over the phone, since there is no way to get any non-verbal cues from the interviewer. Any suggestions on that?

It will be my first telephone based interview, so not sure what to expect. Please share your ideas.

I had my telephonic interview with adcom after an initial waiver.
1. It is most probably blind. Mine was. My interviewer told me so at the start.
2. No Skype. They will call you on your number.
3. 30 minutes sharp. My interviewer was very particular about time. 30 minutes for her questions. 10 minutes for mine.

Obviously telephonic/face2face have their own pros/cons. My 2 cents:
1. Voice modulation is critical. Make sure you don't drone.
2. Keep it concise.
3. Stand during the interview. It makes you alert.

My interviewer asked very standard questions. Apart from one instance where I could make her laugh, her voice remained very flat throughout the 30 minutes.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
driege wrote:
shr30 wrote:
To those wondering, I just called adcomm - you can send quick updates w/ an updated resume if need be.

And they said this time admits will be day of or few days before formal deadline.
cheers

Wow that's way late. I figured we'd hear starting a week from today (Mar. 14). The formal deadline isn't until March 28. I have a hard time believing it will be that late.

Ditto - I have a feeling the adcom was just not being particularly precise, and that Kellogg will release decisions (including admits) a few weeks before the deadline, like they have consistently done in the recent past:

-R1 this cycle (2010-2011): Dec. 20, 2010 decision deadline, many admits on Dec. 10th
https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all-kellogg-fall-2011-applicants-97100-1820.html#p835029

-R2 last cycle (2009-2010): March 29, 2010 decision deadline, admits starting on March 9th
-R1 last cycle (2009-2010): January 11, 2010 decision deadline, admits starting on Dec. 7th
https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all-kellogg-fall-2010-applicants-78734-1900.html#p697971

-R2 in the 2008-2009 cycle: March 30, 2009 decision deadline, admits starting in late February
-R1 in the 2008-2009 cycle: Jan. 7, 2009 decision deadline, admits starting in early December
https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all-kellogg-fall-2009-applicants-67009.html#p492071

Don't see them changing their practice now. Kellogg's FAQ says, "Although the vast majority of decisions are released at or near the decision deadline date, we do review and release decisions on an ongoing basis." Also, the application status check page says, "Decisions will be released throughout the round, but the majority of decisions will be released during the last several weeks of the round."

In any case, in the next few weeks we will no longer have to conjecture and this fun waiting game will (hopefully) be over. Good luck to all!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Send PM
Kudos
tortoiserun wrote:
Does anyone know if Kellogg has released the dates for DAK 2?

I can't confirm 100%, but it's my understanding that it's the weekend of April 15-16.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
w103psp wrote:
Definitely due for admit calls or ding emails! Perhaps starting Monday...

Wouldn't be surprised... or hopefully at the end of next week. Almost had a heart attack just now from a phone call from an unknown number, since I rarely get telemarketers at this number. The area code wasn't even from anywhere near the Chicago area, but I wasn't familiar with the Chicago area codes. Now I am - for future reference, 847 and 773 are heart attack-worthy.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Kudos
SEOmatt wrote:
icemanjs4 wrote:
I'm guessing that Kellogg's not going to be calling us with the admit/ding though right? With a class that huge, it'd be an awful lot of phone calls.

Typically they call with admits, but not with dings or WLs.

Talk about an awkward phone call if they called dings....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
osonipse wrote:
Hi guys!

I applied for R2 just before the relevant deadline, and received my interview waiver on 14 February. No news since then...do you think there is still hope (of at least receiving an int-invite) or should I stop thinking about Kellogg....?

Thanks!

never give up hope.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: IT Strategy
Schools:Booth R2, Kellogg R2 (W/L - withdrawn)
 Q49  V47
GPA: 3.9
WE 1: Big 4 IT Auditing
Send PM
Kudos
SMH wrote:
nycfan wrote:
do yall application status say "Submitted" for both parts? I sent in mine for round 2, i interviewed like a month ago and it still hasn't changed.

I also interviewed about a month back (Feb 6th) ....same thing. the wait is getting ennerving..

You guys are looking in the wrong place for your application status. The online application will never change from "submitted". You should go to the Check Application Status page from Kellogg's main site: https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/Programs/FullTimeMBA/TakeAction/Check_Application_Status.aspx
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Yes, I attended. There were probably only 35 women who came so I got my hopes up! Congratulations on being accepted at Booth....I heard admissions were extrememly selective this year.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategic Management
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2013
 Q49  V42
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: US Military
Send PM
Kudos
More details: Did my interview back in November... deferred part 2 of app until the second round.

Don't bother checking your online status, it wont change until 24 hours after your phone notification.

Email subject line is 'Kellogg Class of 2013!' but they won't send it until the call is made.

Located in Dallas-Fort Worth
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
gsmon wrote:
Congratulations!! If you don't mind, what was your GMAT score?

Thanks my friend :-D 730 = V 42 Q48

I really thought I was going to get waitlisted, so this really comes as a pleasant surprise. Keep up the hope and confidence guys, you never know!! Good luck to all!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Kudos
Congratulations on all admitted candidates. Well done, folks. The wait is over and decisions will be released. I checked that my cell is fully charged and I avoid blind reception spots such as the basement. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
IN! Just got the call... did not expect it for weeks!!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12  ...  179   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts