Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:Kellogg (Accepted), Wharton (interviewed) Columbia, Tuck(waitlisted) , Duke (invited)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:Kellogg (Accepted), Wharton (interviewed) Columbia, Tuck(waitlisted) , Duke (invited)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
Guys I'm sorry for the one's that feel 620 is not good enough and greatful to the one's that understand that that is not the only thing they see.
I don't know if I am the best applicant in the world I do know I have worked all my life to become a professional who deserved something like this.

I've seen all kinds of profiles, I guess diversity is also something they are looking for and also openess to other profiles instead of judgement.

Try to keep a good spirit about the wait I am sure all of you have worked hard to assemble a solid application, don't think of why others are getting in, but rather what you've done to deserve it.

I won't sit down and explain why I think I got the opportunity, but I will tell you this: as I will be honored to share a classroom filled with bright diverse minds, most of those who get to know will feel the same way.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
nhadpc wrote:
Guys I'm sorry for the one's that feel 620 is not good enough and greatful to the one's that understand that that is not the only thing they see.
I don't know if I am the best applicant in the world I do know I have worked all my life to become a professional who deserved something like this.

I've seen all kinds of profiles, I guess diversity is also something they are looking for and also openess to other profiles instead of judgement.

Try to keep a good spirit about the wait I am sure all of you have worked hard to assemble a solid application, don't think of why others are getting in, but rather what you've done to deserve it.

I won't sit down and explain why I think I got the opportunity, but I will tell you this: as I will be honored to share a classroom filled with bright diverse minds, most of those who get to know will feel the same way.

Well said and heartiest congratulations !
Good to hear from applicants who know their worth and don't feel the need to justify only numbers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools:HBS Class of 2013
WE 1: 3 yr Healthcare
Send PM
Kudos
ekalil wrote:
nhadpc wrote:

nhadpc,

I'm not saying you dont deserve to be accepted. I'm only trying to understand how the Admissions knows you deserve it just reading some words that you wrote and a feedback from someone who talked to you for 45 minutes.

nhadpc - congratulations! It's my honour to be admitted to Kellogg along with someone as wise and mature as you. Your response evidently shows why you more than deserve your admission.

ekalil - I think Kellogg's admission criteria ("scholastic ability, personal character, motivation, leadership ability, interpersonal skills, career performance and management potential") already explain what the AdCom sees in nhadpc. I understand where you are coming from, but there is no need to verge on insulting someone who might be your future classmate.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools:DukeTuck,Kelogg,Darden
 Q48  V36 GMAT 2: 730  Q50  V38
Send PM
Kudos
nhadpc wrote:

Congrats for your admit..... and good luck for the future :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 369 [1]
Given Kudos: 151
Send PM
Kudos
nhadpc wrote:

Enhorabuena nhadpc!!
Are you from Venezuela? you may want to check this: calling-all-spain-latam-fall-2011-applicants-en-espanol-100826.html
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
K usually sends out ~400 admits for R1. If I am rite, there were around ~50 admits on GC ??
So even if there are 3x lurkers.. can expect more this coming week ..
Maybe I am drinking a glass of optimism than realism.. but good luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
nhadpc wrote:
buddy4u wrote:
nhadpc wrote:
Hi! Does anyone know if we are suppose to hear about scholarship applications right away when admitted?
I got the admission letter but don't know if you are suppose to apply somewhere.
Thanks in advance!

Hi ,
I had asked the same question, seems like we cannot apply for scholarships separately, either it's told with the admit call or as an update from the adcom later!
Keeping my fingers crossed!
All the best for you and the others who are waiting to hear as well!
Congrats for all those who have made it!

Buddy4u - Thanks for the info. Ok so if I got the e-mail, either it should have said something on it or I will hear later on? or was it that I will probably hear later on (if I am being considered for scholarships)?
I know that international candidates have specific scholarships and sponsorships since we can´t apply to some.

Hii buddy,
Yeah it will be in the admit letter/call.. else after u apply for the financial aid you shall here from them again.

But for all my 'to be' classmates, I have started to research the general scholarships that are available to graduate programs. And have a found a few that one can apply and am willing to share
1) Full bright => the deadline in India i see is over and they have to be pre-applied
2) Rotary scholarship => having a good amount of background in non-profit i am planning for this, but that the rotary clubs around my area in India should have enrolled with the scholarship call :(, checking it. And good news is they provide around 25000$ and that i have seen a post of a Kellogg alum getting this scholarship.

Will keep you all posted if in case im able to find more scholarship that can help us through the journey!
Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
You are looking in the wrong place. There is a separate link to click on that says "Check Application Status."

https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/Pro ... tatus.aspx
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
I don't think any speculative estimate of probability at this point would be either remotely accurate or even vaguely helpful at this point. They are doing them as they complete them. The odds only matter when they are holding your application in their hands and making a decision.

Originally posted by Emarc182 on 13 Dec 2010, 08:19.
Last edited by Emarc182 on 13 Dec 2010, 08:20, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Enterpreneurship, Finance
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2013
 Q51  V44
GPA: 7.51
WE 1: 5 year in Energy
Send PM
Kudos
inTuna wrote:
Patagonia wrote:
Not dinged, not accepted. I have a bad feeling I am headed to the WL pile...

Patagonia - like you, I am also a re=applicant..and haven't heard anything yet..keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck to all those waiting and congrats to everyone who got in.

Guys, just now got an email from Kellogg I am in. Like you, I am also a re-applicant from last year. Last year I was waitlisted in R1 but finally after a loooooooong wait I got the much awaited email. :)

So hang in there. All the best
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Heavy involvement with youth mentoring and related not-for-profits
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Location: Australian applicant currently based in the Midwest, USA
Concentration: Tech Entrepreneurship
Schools:Stanford GSB R1 (Accepted!!), Kellogg R1 (Accepted!!), HBS R1 (WL + R2 Accepted!!), MIT Sloan R1 (Application withdrawn)
GPA: 3.96
WE 1: 3 years in a T3 Management Consulting firm
Kudos
Kellogg says yes! Just got the call and email from Deena.

<---- profile.

Good luck to the rest of you that are waiting, hang tight and stay positive. Take the advice from someone who had needlessly given up hope.

Shoot if you have any questions.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Kellogg
Send PM
Kudos
Just go the call! I'm in!!! Was shaking the whole time she talked so I barely remember what she said past "congratulations..."!

Got the call on my work #, which was unexpected. Been glued to my blackberry for the past days. Here are my stats: F/680/3.85 top US public/WE 1 mgmt consulting/WE 2 brand mgmt. Since Kellogg was the only school I applied to I was able to spend a ton of time on my app. Essays were critiqued by 4 Kellogg current students/alum. 1 letter of rec was from Kellogg alum (direct supervisor).

Best of luck to those still waiting. I hope it helps to know that they're still making calls this week!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q41 V46
GMAT 2: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
I'm in!

Good luck to everyone else!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:Kellogg (accepted!), HBS (ding w/int), Wharton (WL R1, accepted R2!!)
Send PM
Kudos
atulcin6331 wrote:
when do wait list decisions even come out? does anyone know?

Last year, all R1 wait list decisions came on the last two days before the decision deadline (deadline was 12/18; all WL came out 12/17 and 12/18). I guess that means Friday/Monday for us this year?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Schools:Stanford, Tuck, Kellogg
Send PM
Kudos
i got the call today! interviewed on campus at the end of october
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Kudos
Got the call 30 minutes ago - I'm in.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance/General Management
Schools:HBS (ding w/int), Stanford (ding wo/int), Wharton (ding w/int), Kellogg (accepted), CBS (withdrawal)
 Q49  V40
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Kudos
Got an acceptance email!!!!!!! I am an international :D
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  179   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts