Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:05 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Non-profit, GM
Schools:Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)
 Q44  V44
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools:Ross, Johnson, Tepper, Fisher
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Re: Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]
I am probably just being paranoid but I guess my thought it was maybe this went out to all applications that have been reviewed. And since I hadn't goten an interview invite. Oh well you right. I need to stop being paranoid. I put forth a good app and what happens happens.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Concentration: Consulting
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Got one as well, and have been invited to interview, so it certainly is not an "informal ding."

Don't sweat it, just seems like Ross is sending out emails in an odd order. Last week I got an email with Application Tips... Not very on top of things considering I applied a month ago.

~Sam
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
 Q39  V49
Send PM
I retract my former paranoia. I let my mouth (or typing fingers) move before my brain. They have only had one interview "burst" and it wasn't that huge. I know this from speaking with the admissions office. They are going to have several more of those--remember, they don't have a "hard" mid-decision/interview decision date. If anything, I think this portends more invites going out in the near future.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
yea got the email too but already got an interview. don't worry guys
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
 Q49  V37
Send PM
haha...I read the mail and told myself - "ah, so they haven't reviewed my app still..so I can continue to hope"...just to come here to see that even ppl who have got invites received a similar mail..:)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
After I checked my one, cool !
This Application has been submitted + mailbox full of those u guys consider 'misleading signals' :lol:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools:Ross '11
Send PM
Deep breaths guys...reading the tea leaves of the admissions process is fruitless and adds undue stress. Control what you can control.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools:Ross '11
Send PM
Leverandon wrote:
I just got one of those as well...and I've already been invited to interview (but have not interviewed yet) so I don't think that this is an informal ding. I was a little confused about this myself but I think for some reason their website wasn't showing people as being complete when they really were and for some reason the emails just went out. Any thoughts on this? Did other people who have/will interview receive this email as well?

I've been invited to interview and my status online is the same - This application has been submitted.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
I got the email too. However, I haven't gotten an invite yet.

This part worries me:

Quote:
This email is to notify you that your application to the Ross School of Business is complete, and is currently under review by our Admissions Committee. There is no further action required of you at this time.

RF
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Consulting, General Management
Schools:HBS, Kellogg (i/v ed), Tuck(Ding), Duke (admitted), Ross
 Q50  V44
Send PM
matty0212 wrote:
I retract my former paranoia. I let my mouth (or typing fingers) move before my brain. They have only had one interview "burst" and it wasn't that huge. I know this from speaking with the admissions office. They are going to have several more of those--remember, they don't have a "hard" mid-decision/interview decision date. If anything, I think this portends more invites going out in the near future.

Ohhh! Ross knows how to play on our nerves!!! I was also shocked but then above is heartening.
BTW, my stats are M/35/R1/ GMAT 760 / 10yrs work exp / Government sector
now just for the sake of clarification, why does the mail mention that "We will reach out to you via email approximately two weeks prior to our January 15th notification date with specifics on how to access your admission decision." why admission decision and no talk on interview invite or some thing else? just curious?
are there last year's admits listening???
thanks
Current Student
 Q49  V42
Send PM
It just seems Ross is playing those nerves, and they probably don't even know it.

Again, I got the same email, and I have been invited to interview. There is nothing to read into with this email. Nothing. It's just telling you they have all the requisite materials.

There will be plenty more interview requests.

~Sam
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Consulting, General Management
Schools:HBS, Kellogg (i/v ed), Tuck(Ding), Duke (admitted), Ross
 Q50  V44
Send PM
hi guys,
just to add further to my queries in last post, about those who got the same mail and got interiview invites too, did you get your interview invite before the mail or after getting this every thing complete and no action required at your level mail?
thanks and best of luck.
Current Student
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I received the interview invite last week, and the "Application Complete" email today. I have not yet interviewed.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Send PM
Add me to the list of those receiving an email that app is complete but having NOT received an interview invite.

As a reminder, updated stats are available on p.1 of this thread. Post a message or pm me or another mod in this thread if your info is incorrect or missing. Thanks!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Sustainable Development
Schools:Ross '12 (MBA/MS)
 Q49  V45
Send PM
I received the email this morning but have yet to finish my interview, which is scheduled for next Tuesday.
ryguy904 wrote:
As a reminder, updated stats are available on p.1 of this thread. Post a message or pm me or another mod in this thread if your info is incorrect or missing. Thanks!

You can PM me as well to update (this thread only).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Send PM
For what it's worth, somebody on the businessweek forum posted this. Not sure what his/her source was, though...

A quote from Ross about last year's admissions:

In mid-November, the Admissions Committee began reviewing applications. In Round 1, we reviewed 869 applications (vs. 558 last year), interviewed 533 candidates, and admitted 289 students to the Class of 2009. The Round 2 review process started this month. We expect to read about 2,000 applications and interview hundreds of applicants between now and March 15, when Round 2 decisions will be released. Then, we do it all over again for Round 3, which typically accounts for about ten percent of our applications.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Sustainable Development
Schools:Ross '12 (MBA/MS)
 Q49  V45
Send PM
ryguy904 wrote:
For what it's worth, somebody on the businessweek forum posted this. Not sure what his/her source was, though...

A quote from Ross about last year's admissions:

In mid-November, the Admissions Committee began reviewing applications. In Round 1, we reviewed 869 applications (vs. 558 last year), interviewed 533 candidates, and admitted 289 students to the
Class of 2009. The Round 2 review process started this month. We expect to read about 2,000 applications and interview hundreds of applicants between now and March 15, when Round 2 decisions will be released. Then, we do it all over again for Round 3, which typically accounts for about ten percent of our applications.

This may have been referring to the application cycle two years prior. Just trying to get an idea of how those numbers may compare to our numbers this year (Class of 2011). How many R1 applications do you guys think there were this year, 1000? 1250? I'm scared to even think about it...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  66