GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 15:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jun 2018, 11:51
Please review my profile for NTU MBA. I am aiming to apply in September'18
Female, 25 years
GMAT aiming for 720 atleast
XII - 88%
X - 95%
B.E. BITS Pilani Goa (Electrical and Electronics Engineering)
Undergrad GPA - 7.94
Work Ex. 3years currently as ASIC Engineer in a very good semiconductor company
Completed 3 courses on Business Technology Management on Coursera
Volunteered in an NGO as computer science teacher for 1 year
Working as a theatre artist
POR in college -
- Publicity and PR manager for Tech Festival
- Member of executive committees for College Elections
+1 Kudos
Manager
Manager
B
Re: Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2018, 10:44
naina168 wrote:
Female, 25 years
XII - 88%
X - 95%
Undergrad GPA - 7.94
POR in college -
+1 Kudos

Hi Naina,

You have a fairly competitive profile for NTU primarily because of your strong academics and work experience in core engineering role. In your application essays, you should provide a very convincing argument on why you wish to pursue an MBA and how the program will help you achieve your future goals.

With your current profile and a target GMAT score of 720+, you stand a very good chance at NTU for its incoming class.

For a detailed evaluation and further application assistance, you may reach out to us at beyondthegmat@gmail.com or call us on +91-7022839859

Team BeyondtheGMAT
Email: beyondthegmat@gmail.com

SVP
SVP
G
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2018, 02:51
Top Contributor
naina168 wrote:
Female, 25 years
XII - 88%
X - 95%
Undergrad GPA - 7.94
POR in college -
+1 Kudos

Hi Naina

You have a pretty good academic and professional profile there. If you can achieve 720 on the GMAT, will be competitive for NTU. Your current profile (ASIC engineer) is a bit technical though, so try and also highlight examples of your leadership and state a clear need for an MBA. Your courses on BTM definitely help there. On the ECA side, try and show achievements beyond organizing events and festivals, though you could include these too. The NGO work and theatre part will thus be more important. Overall, you've done very well for yourself thus far, now focus on cracking the GMAT too. You have time on your side (if not applying to other schools), as the NTU application will open only in October.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Manager
Manager
B
GPA: 4
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge
Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2018, 11:17
Hi,

Request somebody well versed with NTU admission process to evaluate my profile. Still quite new to NTU admission process so not sure if I am a right fit for this school. I will share a brief about my profile. Please let me know if any other detail required.

GMAT - 700 (Q50, V34, AWA-5, IR-8). Work ex – 52 months as on date. Will have 57.5 months of work –ex as on 31st March, 2019.

Grad & Work Ex:
I have done my graduation in Fashion Technology from National Institute of Fashion Technology. My college is regarded as the best fashion college in the country and is among the top 3 colleges in Asia. Right now I am working with the biggest apparel organization in the country. I have reached middle management role in a very short duration. Currently I head pan India operations of my brand.

Profile:
Qualitatively I have a strong profile. I have worked hard to build my profile over the last few years. I am national level athlete and a national level quiz medalist. I have led teams during my college days and have also worked for couple of spiritual and non-for-profit organizations in the past.

Reasons for MBA:
Though I have got good success in the initial years of my career, a graduate degree won't be sufficient to take me to senior level roles in future. There are certain areas in the field of strategy and finance where I feel I am still not equipped enough to handle things completely on my own. An MBA at this stage will also help in making my profile much stronger. A master’s degree will make me financially more stable.

Post MBA plans:
Post MBA I want to work in roles of Brand Management with specialization in the fields of Strategy and Marketing. I am open to industries outside the fashion industry though I wouldn't mind coming back to this industry.

Dilemma:

Under the given geopolitical situation, will it be advisable for Indian candidates to apply to Singapore schools? Not too aware about job scenario in Singapore for international candidates.

I'm targeting colleges within top 30.

I am not in a position where I can spend more than 100K SD. So scholarship will be a deal breaker for me to join any college. Is getting a scholarship a possibility with this profile?

Hope I have given all the required information to suggest the best course of action. Let me know if any other detail from my side is required. Will be obliged if you can suggest the way forward. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 630 Q40 V36
GMAT 2: 570 Q32 V37
GMAT 3: 680 Q46 V38
GMAT 4: 710 Q47 V40
GRE 1: Q156 V158
GPA: 3.5
WE: Marketing (Retail Banking)

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2018, 03:47
Would anybody like to have a go at analyzing my profile? Below are the details:

Class X: 87%
Class XII: 82%
CGPA: 7.19 (VIT University, B.Tech in Computer Engineering though there are a fair share of backlogs which I successfully cleared within the 4 years)
Best GMAT Score: 710 (Q47 V40 IR 7 AWA 5)

Work Experience: 5.5 years by March 2019 - All in Marketing. The last 4 years of those has been in a pan-Indian Fintech startup, with the last 1.5 years in a Managerial role.

Extracurricular: Ran a Culture Critic portal during my college days, Moderator of an aviation community since 2009, volunteered with Greenpeace India for 6 months in 2017.

Other: Completed a course with Coursera on Engagement & Nurture Marketing

Many thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Operations
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2018, 10:15
what are my chances of getting a call from ntu

10th -80%
12th- 84.8%
Btech (Chemical) from IIT Kanpur- 6.2 cgpa
4.5 years of experience as process engineer in a cement company
2 year fellowship in Teach For India
GMAT score- 650

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here! &nbs [#permalink] 15 Oct 2018, 10:15

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 26 posts ] 

Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: GmatDaddy

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap