Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:10 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [2]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Cesar: Cesar
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.8
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.09
Send PM
Re: Emory $$ vs. Fuqua vs. Darden [#permalink]
Kudos
Congrats on your offers yodboy!
I think it would be a good idea to contact Fuqua and Darden to see if they can offer something to match Emory offer.
If they can, it would make your decision much easier.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 472 [3]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Emory $$ vs. Fuqua vs. Darden [#permalink]
Kudos
Top Contributor
Congrats on the admit to all the great schools. If you are an international student, I would definitely suggest to take the dollars. All the schools are almost equivalent in terms of reputation outside the M7. The $$ saved can help you to travel to networking events throughout the year, impromptu visit to companies of your choice and the dollar also helps to get big burden off your back before you enter the school. I can tell you from my experience that if you have to do TAships, work part time, etc. then you will definitely miss out on the MBA activities and other MBA events.
Unless you are looking for specific marketing roles or companies associated with Fuqua or Darden, I would suggest to take the dollars and enjoy the two years of your MBA.

3 years back I was in a similar situation and left an Ivy league University because it was very costly. I ended up where I would have eventually if I had taken the Ivy league admit.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
crackHSW wrote:
Congrats on the admit to all the great schools. If you are an international student, I would definitely suggest to take the dollars. All the schools are almost equivalent in terms of reputation outside the M7. The $$ saved can help you to travel to networking events throughout the year, impromptu visit to companies of your choice and the dollar also helps to get big burden off your back before you enter the school. I can tell you from my experience that if you have to do TAships, work part time, etc. then you will definitely miss out on the MBA activities and other MBA events.
Unless you are looking for specific marketing roles or companies associated with Fuqua or Darden, I would suggest to take the dollars and enjoy the two years of your MBA.

3 years back I was in a similar situation and left an Ivy league University because it was very costly. I ended up where I would have eventually if I had taken the Ivy league admit.

Thanks crackHSW ! Your advice is very helpful!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bb wrote:
Congrats on your great work and luck with the scholarship.

It is never wrong to check with Fuqua or Darren to see if they can help with the decision and perhaps offer an opportunity to get some help. It is late in the year so funding is scarce.

I don't know what to tell ya really. Emory looks great based on your picture and description. Fuqua is top 10 and there is more pride. That's natural. It won't be ideal however. Some classes will suck and you will have idiot classmates that you will make you doubt adcom sanity. That's present in all schools.

Look at it from a diff perspective. if you are bullish about yourself and your marketing skills, put your marketing skills to work and market yourself that'll let you earn 70,000 using your own wits at Emory. Should not be hard if you are not changing careers.

If you are feeling defensive, go to Fuqua and let the reputation help with job placements and help feel good about yourself and where you are.

Do you want a chance to make $70k?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Thanks everyone, it seems like we're all leaning towards Emory. :)
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
I would not add more But I would like to check with career office about marketing opportunities for international students as I know marketing for FMCG is for local students.

What is you second interest if marketing role does not come?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Mo2men wrote:
I would not add more But I would like to check with career office about marketing opportunities for international students as I know marketing for FMCG is for local students.

What is you second interest if marketing role does not come?

Thanks for raising a valid point! Would product manager be considered as a job in Marketing? I understand it will also be very challenging to get a product manager job.

Other than that, I am not really interested in Finance. Consulting might be too much data analytical for me.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts