Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:05 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 443 [2]
Given Kudos: 752
GPA: 3.95
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 749 [1]
Given Kudos: 2265
Schools: HBS '22
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GRE 1: Q168 V164
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: GMAT 770 and canceled it [#permalink]
Kudos
gmatlover12 wrote:
JAM789 I'm under the impression that schools will never know that I cancelled. My decision is entirely based on this. I would not have cancelled even my first 750 other wise.
Hi gmatlover12,
I saw your post and I wonder have you taken the GMAT for the third time or still not?
What business schools have you applied for?

Sent from my BAC-L21 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 6122 [1]
Given Kudos: 65
Send PM
Bookmarks
Thanks for your sharing.

Man, you have to be proud of yourself because your reading skill is really good so that you don't have to improve it. LOL, you know what? Being good at reading is the big advantage to take GMAT. Why? Because GMAT is the matter of meaning. You know it well, you could beat it. Thus, I think that in the next test, you could earn 780+ without problem.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 6122 [1]
Given Kudos: 65
Send PM
Bookmarks
prem301296 wrote:
bro you make no sense. Even for harvard stanford or wharton mba the 750 would have made a cut let alone 770. even if you have a bad gpa in your engineering 750 is more than enough to make the adcoms know that you have the horse power to process things. My guess is you are from some old iit . stop making gmat your life 770 or anything above 730-740 for an indian is enough to get the acad box ticked. focus on the extra curriculars work exp and other factors. i suggest you reinstate your 770 score

No, I think he did make sense. Since he is really good at reading, getting 770+ isn't big problem to him. I think that GMAT is now not just a score to him, but a challenge that he have to take LOL
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1993 [0]
Given Kudos: 751
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
GMAT 770 and canceled it [#permalink]
Hi
Congratulations on getting such a good score. Also thanks for sharing a detailed strategy.
Although I would not suggest a retest, but if you are confident of a higher score you can go for it.
All the best for your third attempt. Do share your experience after your test.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
I say give the GMAT again for personal satisfaction and piece of mind even though achieving 770 or 780+ doesn't make any difference. All of those scores tell Adcoms that you have the capability to succeed in any MBA program. You still have some time before you really need to start working on your applications for coming up application season. But do remember that adcoms look at your application holistically. Also I highly doubt that your GPA is uncompetitive even though you think that its uncompetitive. BTW adcoms don't just look at your overall GPA but look at context as well. You could have done terribly in first year but improved throughout your 4 year degree. You could have worked a side job and got the GPA that you got. MBA applications will give you ample opportunity to explain your circumstances.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V33
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V33
Send PM
I don't think it makes any sense to cancel a score of 770. Even if you are sure of a 780, there is no difference as such. Please post your ESR or report.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V45
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Bookmarks
ESR report has my identity details, hence not comfortable sharing that. If there are any specific metrics you need, would be happy to post
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Send PM
ESR Report (Text version, without identity details) attched
Attachments

ESR.docx [19.24 KiB]
Downloaded 740 times

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Congrats on your score. You're already at the 99th percentile with a 770, spending the time and money improving to 780 will not even change that. Aside from that, I'm fairly certain no AdCom is going to accept you at 780 but reject you at a 770.

If you're doing it for your own satisfaction, then you do you I guess. If you're trying to get people's opinion on whether what you're doing makes sense from an admissions perspective, then I'm fairly certain not a lot of people are going to agree with you.

Ultimately its your application and life, if you want to keep giving the GMAT despite already having an amazing score then the opinion of random people on the internet shouldn't really matter to you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Send PM
houston1980 , I believe you meant 62/67 questions right - (36 verbal of which 3 wrong, 31 quant of which 2 wrong). If it helps, I think the quant wrong ones are Q21 and Q31

AvalonQQ , I guess you're right; it's a fairly whimsical decision and not much to gain on an online forum, or even talking to an expert or consultant; it's more of a internal itch which I can't scratch away
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
GMAT 770 and canceled it [#permalink]
Congratulations on your score - I think there is validity to many of the responses of whether to retake the GMAT and interesting to hear "strategies", a person, in your position would
take etc. If you have the ability to improve your score from 770 to 780 in three weeks I say why not. I think it is important evaluate your "opportunity cost" and if little can be gained from your total application package stand point in 3 or 4 weeks say (extra curricular, summer full time internship etc) sounds like retaking could only prove beneficial at worst. Good luck with applications.

Originally posted by pmsinteriorsllc on 24 May 2018, 09:14.
Last edited by pmsinteriorsllc on 24 May 2018, 09:59, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Telecommunications)
Send PM