Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:21 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [1]
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [2]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply

!
You can now verify your GMAT ONLINE scores on the GMAT Club forum and show off your scores ???

You can VERIFY your online GMAT socres the usual way, by visiting your APPLICANT PROFILE here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ucp.php?i=280

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Kudos
For those who have taken the online test over the past couple of weeks, what was your wait time until you got your score? Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I highly recommend not taking the test if you can wait.
I just took mine and it was awful. I deeply regret taking it instead of waiting for the regular exam to be back.

I had several issues with my whiteboard. It kept clearing all my work whenever I pressed some letters.
I complained about it with the proctorer and he reset my test to the point where I was, without compensating me for the lost time.
It still didn't work and I complained again asking to reset my test from the beggining. At this point I had already lost around 10 minutes talking to the proctorer and rewriting all my equations.
After all I asked to cancel my test and return my money. However, they told me it was not possible and would have to get along with the problems or to revoke my test and lose my money.

If you really need to take the test now, be prepared to technical issues and no further actions from the staff. Just try to ignore them and keep your test.
So frustrating!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [2]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Micfos23 wrote:
For those who have taken the online test over the past couple of weeks, what was your wait time until you got your score? Thanks

I received my score in 2 days. It was updated on my MBA.com account but the email came only after 1 week.
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2414 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
nsaharan1990 wrote:
Gotcha, I think I saw in the interview with Vineet from GMAC that they had plans to integrate the online score in official report if people wish to do so but perhaps that's still under conideration.

I would certainly hope and expect that this is not true–-I have several private students who have chosen to take the GMAT Online specifically because the score is NOT indicated on the test-taker score report, which is now requested by some business schools as part of the application process (and because it does not count toward the yearly limit of 5 GMAT attempts).

Without the option to cancel scores on the online exam, it would be unfair for GMAC to suddenly reverse course and start including the GMAT Online scores on the test-taker score report, so I highly doubt that this will happen.

Thus, those who have lower scores on the GMAT Online should rest assured that they are in control of these scores, and that business schools will not see the scores unless the applicant chooses to send them (GMAC is offering unlimited free score sends for the online exam).
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
mcelroytutoring wrote:
nsaharan1990 wrote:
Gotcha, I think I saw in the interview with Vineet from GMAC that they had plans to integrate the online score in official report if people wish to do so but perhaps that's still under conideration.

I would certainly hope and expect that this is not true–-I have several private students who have chosen to take the GMAT Online specifically because the score is NOT indicated on the test-taker score report, which is now requested by some business schools as part of the application process (and because it does not count toward the yearly limit of 5 GMAT attempts).

Without the option to cancel scores on the online exam, it would be unfair for GMAC to suddenly reverse course and start including the GMAT Online scores on the test-taker score report, so I highly doubt that this will happen.

Thus, those who have lower scores on the GMAT Online should rest assured that they are in control of these scores, and that business schools will not see the scores unless the applicant chooses to send them (GMAC is offering unlimited free score sends for the online exam).

I agree with both of you. It would not be a good move to start including the GMAT ONLINE scores on regular score reports but GMAC said "we do not have plans to integrate them at this time" meaning plans may change.... so it is how things are now but it is not an absolute.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
mcelroytutoring wrote:
nsaharan1990 wrote:

From what I understood, it was only meant to be the case for the test takers who wished to have their Online GMAT scores included in the official report, not for everyone in general so in any case those who don't want their Online GMAT score to appear in the official report can have it that way.
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2414 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
nsaharan1990 wrote:
From what I understood, it was only meant to be the case for the test takers who wished to have their Online GMAT scores included in the official report, not for everyone in general so in any case those who don't want their Online GMAT score to appear in the official report can have it that way.

Good to know, thanks! That sounds like a compromise with which all test-takers could agree.

Also, can anyone who has already taken the GMAT Online and received their scores confirm that they have had success sending GMAT Online scores to schools?

I’ve been hearing about some difficulties regarding the unlimited, free score sends for the GMAT Online, and that adcoms from some programs still haven’t confirmed receipt of the scores 20 days after sending them to business schools, for example.

I'm curious as to whether there are any (confirmed) success stories out there, since none of my private students has tried to send their scores just yet, and I have a sneaking suspicion that the GMAT Online score-sending system might not currently be functional.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Does anyone know if the GMAT online dates have been extended beyond June 15th? I'm currently registered for June 13th but would like to push my date back by 2 weeks.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
kthakur99 wrote:
Does anyone know if the GMAT online dates have been extended beyond June 15th? I'm currently registered for June 13th but would like to push my date back by 2 weeks.

Not yet. Nothing official yet.
https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat-online/g ... experience

Still says June 15.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
sampaioraso wrote:
I highly recommend not taking the test if you can wait.
I just took mine and it was awful. I deeply regret taking it instead of waiting for the regular exam to be back.

I had several issues with my whiteboard. It kept clearing all my work whenever I pressed some letters.
I complained about it with the proctorer and he reset my test to the point where I was, without compensating me for the lost time.
It still didn't work and I complained again asking to reset my test from the beggining. At this point I had already lost around 10 minutes talking to the proctorer and rewriting all my equations.
After all I asked to cancel my test and return my money. However, they told me it was not possible and would have to get along with the problems or to revoke my test and lose my money.

If you really need to take the test now, be prepared to technical issues and no further actions from the staff. Just try to ignore them and keep your test.
So frustrating!

Hi, I took the test yesterday and had similar issues.

To begin I experienced issues with my id verification, it took me almost 20' to get it validated, I'm not sure why as all the pictures were clear.

The proctor did not say anything and I was redirected to the start. I prepared the whiteboard (note that the letter type and size on the textbox will not be saved in the whiteboard configuration, better do not modify it), but when I first used it for the third or fourth question, when trying to type an equation when pressing y the textbox would disappear and a figure will be randomly drawn (I got a triangle and two squares, no clue why).

I lost like 2-3' on that and got nervous; two questions later I had to work with powers and found that the characters were not appearing in the textbox, just white spaces, it was really frustrating and made me more nervous. Finally, I had to remember not to use "y" and change ^ for another expression (pow).

I did inform the proctor about it in the end, knowing that if I did it asap it will reduce my exam time.

Probably I will try to take it at the test center soon, will wait some days to see the results.

Regards,
Pablo
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [0]
Given Kudos: 83
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
thatolga93 wrote:
Kritisood wrote:
hi guys, I used the whiteboard yesterday on Manhattanpreps website (they are providing it with their mocks). I was super pissed about the whole whiteboard sham cus honestly, I take A LOT of notes. I even jot down details while reading word problems, POE on verbal, basic math calculations (i know bad, but yeah). Anyway, the whiteboard has a text feature (im attaching the SC here). The fact that you can type on the whiteboard makes the problem 50% better for me. Even tho I will still not risk it - just sharing it for those who need to urgently take the paper.

PS I personally didn't know you could type on the whiteboard with that much ease. I thought it would majorly only have the laptop touchpad usage. Hence sharing :)

Hi! I highly recommend using a hand for POE with each finger representing one option. Let’s say you POE option C - then you bend a middle finger and so on. This trick helped me to switch from noting down the POE process.

Yes, this is very helpful and clear, I use the same. But let me say comes with continuous practice, otherwise you’ll get confused
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: IESE '22 (II)
Send PM
Hello all,

I am due to have my online exam tomorrow morning but I am not able to see it under my future exams. I have received confirmation emails and today even received a reminder, is that normal from your experience? Would it appear on the day?

Thank :blushing:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [1]
Given Kudos: 64
Send PM
tdamyanova wrote:
Hello all,

I am due to have my online exam tomorrow morning but I am not able to see it under my future exams. I have received confirmation emails and today even received a reminder, is that normal from your experience? Would it appear on the day?

Thank :blushing:

I think it does NOT appear under Future GMAT exams. You would have to go to 'Register Now or View Appointment Details'. You should be able to see a 'Begin your exam' button there - it usually appears 30 mins before your scheduled exam time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Kudos
I took the online exam yesterday. the proctor checked my environment before I started (I had a window to my right and proctor asked me to close the curtain) the exam went smoothly afterward besides the fact that whenever I tried to press "z", notes on my whiteboard were replaced with my previous notes, so I avoided using the button afterward.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V45
Send PM
Hi can anyone tell me where can the online GMAT score be accessed/viewed on the mba account?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
sarthakm750 wrote:
Hi can anyone tell me where can the online GMAT score be accessed/viewed on the mba account?

You should be able to see an option to view your online score next to the Register Now option (see screenshot).
Attachments

GMAT Online Score.png
GMAT Online Score.png [ 39.61 KiB | Viewed 3310 times ]

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  56   57   58   59   60  ...  183