Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:25 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [5]
Given Kudos: 53
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V33 (Online)
GMAT 3: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Investment Banking (Health Care)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V27 (Online)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [3]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi I got my score about my Online GMAT and has been quite surprising, I got a Q50 despite having multiple issues with the whiteboard and not being able to write much (I could not type the ^ symbol, had the "y" deleting my text and printing random figures).

I was quite discouraged because even if at the beginning I saw the difficulty increasing, and I struggled a bit with the timing, the second half seemed easier, so I was expecting way less.

The bad surprise has been my verbal score of 28, only one day that I was sick in bed I had that score and my regular and official tests have been between 35 and 42.
Definitely I had time issues on Verbal and I thought that my Quant was crap, but was not expecting such a low grade.

I will point the stress generated by the whiteboard as the main stress generator, but being honest I also think I should have better managed it and I would have been able to get my expected +700 or a 700 at least with a regular low score.
Maybe a break between Quant and Verbal would have been helpful to reduce the stress, or starting with Verbal, that would be my choice to maximize my scores, I wrote to GMAT suggesting those improvements, but I do not see that anything can be made of my bad result.

I will be taking it again in a test center in a week or so and see how it goes.

Regards,
Pablo
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
pabpinor wrote:
Hi I got my score about my Online GMAT and has been quite surprising, I got a Q50 despite having multiple issues with the whiteboard and not being able to write much (I could not type the ^ symbol, had the "y" deleting my text and printing random figures).

I was quite discouraged because even if at the beginning I saw the difficulty increasing, and I struggled a bit with the timing, the second half seemed easier, so I was expecting way less.

The bad surprise has been my verbal score of 28, only one day that I was sick in bed I had that score and my regular and official tests have been between 35 and 42.
Definitely I had time issues on Verbal and I thought that my Quant was crap, but was not expecting such a low grade.

I will point the stress generated by the whiteboard as the main stress generator, but being honest I also think I should have better managed it and I would have been able to get my expected +700 or a 700 at least with a regular low score.
Maybe a break between Quant and Verbal would have been helpful to reduce the stress, or starting with Verbal, that would be my choice to maximize my scores, I wrote to GMAT suggesting those improvements, but I do not see that anything can be made of my bad result.

Regards,
Pablo

Thanks for sharing your score, Pablo. I felt the same way about Verbal as the absence of a break between the 2 sections definitely affected my performance on Verbal and I scored 4-5 points lower than I was scoring in the mocks. Good luck for your next attempt!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Thanks for sharing Roonsta! Sorry about the score :(

Did you feel anything in particular threw you off? I know that the feeling of confidence and the feeling of "this is easy" is not a good feeling for the score. That's the opposite of what I naturally expect and I had a very opposite feeling of "i screwing up every question" as I had no condidence at all in my answers. I thought I would end up with a 650 or 600 or smth like that but saw a 750 on the screen and quite surprised with the score. I don't know what to say but something did not go as planned it seems :-(

Thanks for the emotional support bb :lol: :)

I am not sure what could've went wrong! I think perhaps the RC was disastrous, but I'll never know b/c no ESR.

I get what you mean by feeling you did bad and then doing well, too. I actually posted about this, but when I got my 710, I thought I was doing bad, my mocks were ~660, and voila I see a 710! Still, my mocks didn't really support this Online GMAT 670 and I have done nothing but GMAT lately, so it's confusing.

I'm actually retaking it next week, in a physical test center, so I can really hone in on what's wrong via an ESR.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 313 [0]
Given Kudos: 254
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Roonsta I feel for you. You definitely sound prepared to get 720+. IMHO, unless you want to become a GMAT tutor or have some other reason for wanting a higher score than the one you already have, I’d suggest you take the test ASAP and reflect then. If you don’t do better again, just stop the journey. Your current score is excellent and it’s very important to focus on your overall MBA application! Good luck!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
mykrasovski very much appreciate the kind words :) and yes, I agree with you! I just want to see exactly where I am weak in Verbal (or if it was just a weird off day). Don't want to levitate this thread toward my goals/ambitions, but I do appreciate your insights, and trust me I am aligned with what you're saying.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
pabpinor I feel that 100%!! I guess Verbal was (surprisingly) tough for plenty of folks, and Quant was not as bad as expected.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Good luck!!!

I am very curious how it goes in-person. Hope it was a fluke with the online gmat.

Roonsta wrote:
bb wrote:

Did you feel anything in particular threw you off? I know that the feeling of confidence and the feeling of "this is easy" is not a good feeling for the score. That's the opposite of what I naturally expect and I had a very opposite feeling of "i screwing up every question" as I had no condidence at all in my answers. I thought I would end up with a 650 or 600 or smth like that but saw a 750 on the screen and quite surprised with the score. I don't know what to say but something did not go as planned it seems :-(

I am not sure what could've went wrong! I think perhaps the RC was disastrous, but I'll never know b/c no ESR.

I get what you mean by feeling you did bad and then doing well, too. I actually posted about this, but when I got my 710, I thought I was doing bad, my mocks were ~660, and voila I see a 710! Still, my mocks didn't really support this Online GMAT 670 and I have done nothing but GMAT lately, so it's confusing.

I'm actually retaking it next week, in a physical test center, so I can really hone in on what's wrong via an ESR.

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Huh... very weird about Verbal. I would retake of it is THAT much of a difference. I guess only in person but I suspect GMAC may further provide some clarifications and whether they are extending or shutting down the ONLINE version on the 15th. I suspect should happen this coming week.

BB.

pabpinor wrote:

Regards,
Pablo

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: LBS '24
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
Send PM
Roonsta wrote:
bb wrote:

Roonsta Which mocks did you attempt?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hello,

I have a quick query: Is GMAT Online shutting down on June 15th?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 252 [0]
Given Kudos: 1696
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Simon '24 (A)
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40 (Online)
GPA: 3.37
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
MS2020 wrote:
Hello,

I have a quick query: Is GMAT Online shutting down on June 15th?

Nobody knows just yet. This week probably will be updates. stay tuned
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 137
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44 (Online)
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Hi guys

Can someone please clarify whether the option choices/ question prompt in the online GMAT is hidden by the whiteboard?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: IESE '22 (II)
Send PM
willacethis wrote:
Hi guys

Can someone please clarify whether the option choices/ question prompt in the online GMAT is hidden by the whiteboard?

Thanks!

Yes it does, you will have to either close the whiteboard or just move it

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 137
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44 (Online)
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
tdamyanova wrote:
willacethis wrote:
Hi guys

Thanks!

Yes it does, you will have to either close the whiteboard or just move it

Thank you for responding!

Could you please also confirm whether the whiteboard, once moved, will stay at the place where it was moved once I move to the next question? I hope I don't have to move it all over again after every question :P
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Schools: ISB
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
Send PM
Hey Guys

Can some of you please share how long it took to get your scores for 'Gmat Online'?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [1]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
Shoury1234 wrote:
Hey Guys

Can some of you please share how long it took to get your scores for 'Gmat Online'?

Hey, I did get yesterday afternoon an email from GMAC stating that my GMAT Online score was already available, I took the exam on the 27th afternoon. Regardless of the email, my score was available in my mba.com account from the 30th morning (2 days before the email), so I would say that now they are taking 3-5 days to provide it instead of the 7 business days they could.

Some people reported delayed availability for issues during the exam, if you do not get it within 7 business days contact GMAC.

Regards,
Pablo
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hello,

Apologies if this question has already been asked.

Is there a thread/ forum dedicated to Quant Prep tips for GMAT Online?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  57   58   59   60   61  ...  183