GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Jul 2020, 08:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
P
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 05 Jun 2020, 13:13
Top Contributor
Today I survived the GMAT Online!

Before anyone asks, this is my best guess at my score

Quant: 49-50 (had to guess on a few, the online whiteboard was not so bad, though the hard ones would have been easier to "churn" on with an actual physical note-taking component)

Verbal: 40-51 (Verbal is always the wild card, imo). I will admit that I took the test late at night and went really quickly on Verbal--I finished with 25 minutes to spare, but I didn't feel rushed and I read every RC passage all the way through, for meaning.

Composite: 730-770

IR: I tanked the IR section because the test failed on me right at the beginning of the section, and I totally lost my flow. I was able to get back into the exam just fine (thank you to my proctors!!) but I got a very ominous "test failure" type message that terrified me and made me fear for the worst. Ultimately, it spooked me and I was afraid that--like others whose stories I had read here on GMAT Club--if it happened again, then I would not be able to restart and I would be forced to retake the entire test, so instead I guessed my way quickly through the rest of the IR section.

Probably a 2 or 3, 4 if I'm lucky.

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 03 Jun 2020, 22:31.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 05 Jun 2020, 13:13, edited 4 times in total.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q45 V44

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 00:57
JL2020 wrote:
I am so grateful I read this topic, I had no idea its such a nightmare. I thought the experience can even be better than the test center.

Posted from my mobile device

As I mentioned, I think there is nothing to lose (besides the money) from taking the online version. I am sure at least 1 person has taken advantage of it and got the score they needed.

So I would not advise not to take it but to not be discouraged if the outcome is not as expected. You can always retake in a test center.
Manager
Manager
G
Affiliations: GMAT Coach
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V44
GMAT 3: 770 Q50 V44
GMAT 4: 770 Q50 V45 (Online)

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 08:11
Apoorv07 wrote:
Hi,

How much is Reschedule Fee?

Apoorv07 Good news -- it is currently free. It used to say $25 on this mba.com page, but was recently changed.

I offer online tutoring -- please visit gmatcoach.com/trial to request a free consultation.
Intern
Intern
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 09:18
Hi guys, does anyone know if the use of electronic pencil is allowed on the ONLINE GMAT to do calculations on the whiteboard?
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 09:35
josearchila86 wrote:
Hi guys, does anyone know if the use of electronic pencil is allowed on the ONLINE GMAT to do calculations on the whiteboard?

Hi. No, No instruments except a mouse or a touchpad are allowed on the GMAT online. Sorry

P
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 04 Jun 2020, 14:35
Top Contributor
Breaking: GMAC just announced that GMAT Online test takers will be able to use a physical whiteboard starting June 11.

This is a major development!

https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat-online/p ... rd-options

Update: I also received an email from GMAC letting me know that I have the option to retake the GMAT Online, as do all test-takers who originally took the exam with the online whiteboard requirement, now that a physical whiteboard is allowed.

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 04 Jun 2020, 11:53.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 04 Jun 2020, 14:35, edited 3 times in total.
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 12:23
mcelroytutoring wrote:
Breaking: GMAC just announced that GMAT Online test takers will be able to use a physical whiteboard starting June 11!

Thanks for sharing!
This is crazy! Definitely unexpected but it seems that they relented since the GMAT Online is continuing for another month till July 17. My guess re-takes are coming next :cool:

My thoughts
1. This is good news
2. This sucks for people who have taken the GMAT online with an onilne whiteboard
3. They will have to offer retake of the GMAT ONLINE since I can see lots of discomfort with the change among the people who have taken the test online
4. This proves that the squeaky wheel gets the grease :thumbsup:

P.S. I have to disappoint you McLroytutoring and all other beach folks- you can't use boogie boards ... but I think surfboards maybe OK! :lol:
Attachments

boogie boards.png
boogie boards.png [ 550.03 KiB | Viewed 1828 times ]

B
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 12:38
WHAT THE HELL. I scored 1.5 points lower than my average due to the whiteboard alone. They must offer retakes, this is insane!!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 12:56
Although GMAT is standardised test, can we expect harder level of questions due to this change?

Manager
Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 13:04
mcelroytutoring wrote:
Breaking: GMAC just announced that GMAT Online test takers will be able to use a physical whiteboard starting June 11.

This is a major development!

Thanks for posting this news!

mcelroytutoring bb, do we think this means that the 9-page yellow Manhattan GMAT simulation pads are acceptable? (https://amzn.to/3eTSkue) I generally recommend practicing on these anyways, to simulate the pad at the test center.

I offer online tutoring -- please visit gmatcoach.com/trial to request a free consultation.
Manager
Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 13:06
Apoorv07 wrote:
Although GMAT is standardised test, can we expect harder level of questions due to this change?

No, expert GMATNinja has stated very clearly that for the test to be standardized, they absolutely cannot change the question difficulty.

INSEAD School Moderator
G
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE: General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 13:08
I see retaking as an option only if does not cost me more $$$.

I believe they should not proceed with this change now without giving us a chance to retake with the new conditions (and without cost) or somehow adjusting our grades gauss bell. It is really unfair.

I will be taking it at the Test Center anyway :(

Regards,
Pablo

bb wrote:
mcelroytutoring wrote:
Breaking: GMAC just announced that GMAT Online test takers will be able to use a physical whiteboard starting June 11!

Thanks for sharing!
This is crazy! Definitely unexpected but it seems that they relented since the GMAT Online is continuing for another month till July 17. My guess re-takes are coming next :cool:

My thoughts
1. This is good news
2. This sucks for people who have taken the GMAT online with an onilne whiteboard
3. They will have to offer retake of the GMAT ONLINE since I can see lots of discomfort with the change among the people who have taken the test online

P.S. I have to disappoint you McLroytutoring and all other beach folks- you can't use boogie boards ... but I think surfboards maybe OK! :lol:
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 13:10
Apoorv07 wrote:

No. There will be no change to the question difficulty. The test online will be exactly the same as the test at the test center with the exception of the AWA section.
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 13:17
Hi Bb,

Thanks for the prompt response. I have attached one image to buy 1 dry erase marker and 1 dry marker eraser. Can you please help me to confirm, if I am referring to the correct items??

Attachments

8C339971-3756-48A5-9091-8705CAD576A7.jpeg
8C339971-3756-48A5-9091-8705CAD576A7.jpeg [ 102.24 KiB | Viewed 1651 times ]

Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 13:39
Seems to be the right stuff. You can only have 1 marker, however (but likely can't buy them individually anyway).
Make sure you board is about the right size (they won't measure it but they may give you a hard time if it is huge)

Apoorv07 wrote:
Hi Bb,

Thanks for the prompt response. I have attached one image to buy 1 dry erase marker and 1 dry marker eraser. Can you please help me to confirm, if I am referring to the correct items??

V

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 13:49
it will definitely cost more to retake... it would be a paid option for sure!

Here is a random question for you, how much would you be willing to pay if you could take the same set of questions twice?
There is a loophole that allows you to tap the same question pool of questions (if you take the EA and GMAT in the same 15 day period, you get the same question database. Souvik was somewhat surprised when he got the RC's and same Quant questions) but EA costs $350. At the same time, you can take EA, then prep for the type of questions you will encounter and then sit for the GMAT. Oddly enough in Souvik's case, his score was only a smidge higher on the EA than on the GMAT. So in his case retaking the same exact questions twice was of little consequence. :dazed

pabpinor wrote:
I see retaking as an option only if does not cost me more $$$.

I believe they should not proceed with this change now without giving us a chance to retake with the new conditions (and without cost) or somehow adjusting our grades gauss bell. It is really unfair.

I will be taking it at the Test Center anyway :(

Regards,
Pablo

bb wrote:
mcelroytutoring wrote:

Thanks for sharing!

My thoughts
1. This is good news

V

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 14:09
Just got an email from GMAC - they have finally added the online whiteboard to GMAT Prep Tests... right as they basically killed that requirement :lol: :lol: :lol: 🤦‍♂️

Quote:
Subject: Exciting updates to the GMAT™ Online exam – Including physical whiteboards!

GMAT™ Official Practice Exams NOW include the online whiteboard.
Now you can simulate the real GMAT™ Online exam testing experience with GMAT™ Official Practice Exams. We have added the online whiteboard to all six of our Official Practice Exams to help you become comfortable with the online whiteboard before you test. This feature is automatically added to your exams; there is nothing further you need to do. Visit our Practice Exams FAQs for more information.

B
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39 (Online)
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 14:12
They are offering a retake to those who have already given the Online GMAT but the full fees applies.
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 14:13
nsaharan1990 wrote:
They are offering a retake to those who have already given the Online GMAT but the full fees applies.

Wow. That did not take long. Did you get an email? MBA.com Still says that retakes will not be available.

B
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39 (Online)
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 14:15
Yes, see the screenshot attached.
Attachments

Online GMAT retake option.png
Online GMAT retake option.png [ 31.63 KiB | Viewed 1485 times ]

GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]   [#permalink] 04 Jun 2020, 14:15

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  58   59   60   61   62   63   64  ...  93    Next  [ 1851 posts ] 

GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep