GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Aug 2020, 02:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
GMAT 1: 610 Q43 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q45 V32
GMAT 3: 640 Q47 V31
GRE 1: Q155 V155
WE: General Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User
GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 22 Jul 2020, 11:47
GMAT ONLINE - EVERYTHING WE KNOW!
(this post is stickied at the top to provide a quick reference about GMAT Online)

• Online exam registration is $200 USD; there is no cost to reschedule even if you miss the test
  • Appointment dates are available beginning April 20, 2020, until June 15, 2020, July 17, 2020, Aug 14, 2020, Dec 31, 2020
  • Physical dry-erase white-board is allowed
Spoiler: :: Click to Expand full summary

• The GMAT™ Online exam can be taken on both Windows and Mac personal computers and laptops. Tablets are NOT allowed
  • The sections are as follows:
    31 Quantitative / 62 minutes
    36 Verbal / 65 minutes
    12 IR / 30 minutes
    *Please note that the Section Order for the GMAT ™ Online exam is fixed at this time as Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, Integrated Reasoning
  • You will be allowed one, optional 5-minute break before you begin the Integrated Reasoning section.
  • Unlike the in-person exam at a testing center, the GMAT™ Online exam does not permit the use of a whiteboard during the exam. To assist you with the ability to take notes and/or draw shapes, there is an online whiteboard feature you can access during the exam. To learn more about Whiteboards, or Try one in action, see GMAT Club's Master Whiteboard Discussion
  • Tablets are also forbidden. Devices must have a physical keyboard
  • Touchscreens are a controversial item. Originally GMAC said touchscreens were forbidden. However, later they relaxed the requirements and are permitting use of touchscreens but not using touchscreens for the whiteboard
  • When you complete the exam, you will not receive a score immediately. Scores available in 7 days
  • Scores cannot be canceled
  • You can choose to send your scores to Schools (unlimited number) AFTER seeing the score instead of before taking the test (positive change)
  • Your online GMAT scores will NOT show up in the regular score reports and vice versa - New!
  • You can only take 1 GMAT Online test
  • Full details here: https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat-online/gmat-online-experience/about-the-gmat-online
  • You cannot get ESR report to analyze your performance https://www.mba.com/frequently-asked-questions/gmat-online-exam#question27

Whiteboard Questions

GMAT Online Debriefs

Originally posted by mykrasovski on 23 Mar 2020, 11:37.
Last edited by bb on 22 Jul 2020, 11:47, edited 90 times in total.
Update
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 17:39
does the online GMAT exam use the same test bank as the test center exam within 15 days? or do you think it's a separate test bank?
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 17:41
mlee1224 wrote:
does the online GMAT exam use the same test bank as the test center exam within 15 days? or do you think it's a separate test bank?

It seems the online and test center gmat use different banks. Nobody who has taken both reported running into the same bank of questions. However the EA and GMAT seem to share the same bank on the same cycle.

Posted from my mobile device

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
WAMC! - What Are My Chances - Automated Profile Evaluation Tool is Here!
Everything we know about GMAT ONLINE is Here!
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 17:43
Good question. During the interview and different webinars, GMAT indicated that they have no plans to integrate the two score reports for the two versions of the test. However it is possible at a later date and I’m guessing much later date, the two test would be both reportable but I really see no reason why they would do it. It doesn’t seem they would get any brownie points from anyone. Well there is no guarantee, I doubt the two test score reports will ever be combined.

Another data point, people who have taken GMAT online before June 11, are allowed to retake it with a physical whiteboard. If they receive a higher score, their lower score will be overwritten and if they receive a lower score, then the score will remain unchanged. It seems the system supports only one score somehow and is somewhat limited.

NewportGMAT wrote:
Quick question, BB and others... Although one's online GMAT score cannot be cancelled, many have pointed out one's score for the Online GMAT is provided on a distinct score report. Do we know, or have any indication, whether the score reports (for online vs in-person exams) will eventually be integrated? In other words do we know with certainty that the independent reporting is deliberate and thus expected to continue? I've seen no such statement from GMAC and therefore as it stands I take little comfort in the separate reporting / lack of a cancel option. Hoping someone can change my mind. Thanks!

Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45 (Online)
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V39

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 17:58
bb wrote:
mcelroytutoring wrote:
A couple of questions that GMAC has not fully answered yet:

1) If we retake the new GMAT Online with the physical whiteboard, does that count toward our yearly or lifetime attempts? (I'm assuming no, as with the regular GMAT Online, but I still want to make sure.)

2) What about the test-takers who take the online GMAT between now and the 11th? Are they allowed to re-take when the exam switches over too? If so, then I could expect to see a spike in registrations for the dates between today and 6/10, since we now know that we will get another shot at the online exam starting 6/11, so long as we can afford another $200, and that it will probably be easier the second time around, with the new option of hand-writing our Quant notes in particular.

-Brian

Hi. They did answer your questions On a secret page here: https://www.mba.com/articles-and-announ ... est-option :-)

1. If you choose to take the GMAT™ Online Exam again, neither attempt will count toward your yearly or lifetime exam attempt limits.
2. The additional attempt option is only available to test takers who took a GMAT Online exam from April 20, 2020 – June 10, 2020 and is available for new appointments scheduled between June 11, 2020 – July 17, 2020.

So yes, you can retake the test twice if you take it before June 11th. Who is in??? :lol:

Haha..just woke up to this awesome news. My online exam is in 3 hours. I was treating it as a 'glorified mock' now if I want to spend another 200$ , exam today will become a 'glorified mock' to another 'glorified mock'.

With physical whiteboard I wish they also allow rescheduling from in center GMAT to online GMAT !

Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 18:11
Technically, over the next week, you can take GMAT 3 times (if pain and torture are your type of thing 😂)

You can take an online test today and then another online test in a week and if the test centers are open, you can also take a physical test in between 🤩

Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45 (Online)
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V39

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 18:31
So by earlier denying a common sense solution and later allowing it, GMAC has suckered all the eligible test takers into another $200 attempt.

Forget MBA, let's learn Marketing 101 from GMAC :D

Now I am off to give my GlorifiedMock/GMAT/GMATOnlineAttempt-1.

Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 18:41
LOL. That is funny. They totally tricked us 😂

I wonder if the test taker volumes have really gone down or the business schools have put enough pressure. My guess is a combination of both.

Shivam1809 wrote:
So by earlier denying a common sense solution and later allowing it, GMAC has suckered all the eligible test takers into another $200 attempt.

Forget MBA, let's learn Marketing 101 from GMAC :D

Now I am off to give my GlorifiedMock/GMAT/GMATOnlineAttempt-1.

Director
Director
P
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 19:02
Top Contributor
bb wrote:
Another data point, people who have taken GMAT online before June 11, are allowed to retake it with a physical whiteboard. If they receive a higher score, their lower score will be overwritten and if they receive a lower score, then the score will remain unchanged. It seems the system supports only one score somehow and is somewhat limited.

Wow, that sounds complicated, but you've got nothing to lose in that situation other than the time and the $200. Do you have an official source for this?

Does a "higher score" mean a higher composite, and vice-versa? What if it's the same composite score?

Why not allow students to keep both scores, if one is high in Quant and the other in Verbal, or even IR, for example? That sounds simple enough, but I never expected a second try, so I suppose that beggars can't be choosers.

Thanks.
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 19:05
Now I have reached the limit of my knowledge :-) I had the same question as to what constitutes the same or a different score. My guess is the cumulative score. If it’s the same overall score, then there is no change.... Did you end up taking the test? We now verify GMAT online on GMAT Club. 😎

mcelroytutoring wrote:
bb wrote:

Wow, that sounds complicated, but you've got nothing to lose in that situation other than the time and the $200. Do you have an official source for this?

Does a "higher score" mean a higher composite, and vice-versa? What if it's the same score?

Why not allow students to keep both, if one is high in Quant and the other in Verbal, for example?

Thanks.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Concentration: Marketing, Finance

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 19:33
how about EA exam, also can take online with physical whiteboard?
Is there any special requirement for whiteboard?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 19:36
Is there a minimum time gap required between two online tests or between a physical center test and an online test ?

Director
Director
P
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 19:42
Top Contributor
bb wrote:
Now I have reached the limit of my knowledge :-) I had the same question as to what constitutes the same or a different score. My guess is the cumulative score. If it’s the same overall score, then there is no change.... Did you end up taking the test? We now verify GMAT online on GMAT Club. 😎

I took the GMAT Online just yesterday, in fact! This is the best type of news one can receive while anxiously awaiting his/her score (approximately 2-7 business days in most cases)...the promise of a risk-free second attempt with a real, physical whiteboard.

I'm ready and willing to use my "mulligan" if necessary. Until then, I wait.
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 20:19
AK1307 wrote:
Is there a minimum time gap required between two online tests or between a physical center test and an online test ?

No. One test needs to be pre June 11 and another June 11 or later.

There is no restriction with online and physical tests. You can take them on the same day if you wish 😂

Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 20:27
sushilr wrote:
how about EA exam, also can take online with physical whiteboard?
Is there any special requirement for whiteboard?

EA has the same rules/policies. You can use a physical whiteboard.

https://www.gmac.com/executive-assessme ... online-faq

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 620 Q39 V36
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 20:33
Wow I cannot believe GMAC flip-flopped like this, as though actual test takers are an afterthought. The online whiteboard must have led to a lower volume of test-takers and consequently lower revenue for GMAC. I for one took a month to transition to the GRE; I do not plan on coming back to the GMAT despite the whiteboard!
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 21:51
I guess the question is - SHOULD SOUVIK TAKE ANOTHER GMAT? :think: :think: :think:

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Concentration: Marketing, Finance

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 22:15
do we need to buy physical whiteboard?Can we buy from any store?
Are there special requirements for whiteboard? or it must have to come from GMAC?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 22:26
sushilr

I ordered whiteboard from Amazon.in today. Yes, there is constraint regarding the dimension of Physical white board

Below statement from mba.com

"Starting June 11, you will be allowed the option to use 1 erasable whiteboard that is no larger than 12 inches x 20 inches (30 cm x 50 cm), 1 dry erase marker, and 1 eraser during your exam session.

The following items are not allowed:

• Paper
• Pen / Pencil
• Permanent Marker
• Tissues, Paper Towels, Napkins
• Whiteboard cleaning spray
• Paper in a clear slide
• Boogie Boards
• Chalkboards
• Writing Tablets
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
GPA: 4
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 22:27
bb

Where can I get the magnetic whiteboard in INDIA as mentioned on GMAC site ?

Are they simple whiteboard with markers and duster ?
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 22:29
Nothing says that it has to be magnetic :-) I just happened to find one on Amazon in the United States.

You will have to search for one in India. Any erasable whiteboard will do it seems as long as it meets those size requirements.

Harsh2111s wrote:
bb

Where can I get the magnetic whiteboard in INDIA as mentioned on GMAC site ?

Are they simple whiteboard with markers and duster ?

GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]   [#permalink] 04 Jun 2020, 22:29

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  61   62   63   64   65  ...  113    Next  [ 2260 posts ] 

GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep