GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 12 Jul 2020, 21:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 14:23
Fortunately, using the online whiteboard, I have scored Q50 in 2 of the official prep exams. I scored Q49 earlier, two months back. Over these months I have practised a lot and have got accustomed to using the online board.

So I guess, I will still be using the online whiteboard!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39 (Online)
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 14:28
arora1 wrote:
Fortunately, using the online whiteboard, I have scored Q50 in 2 of the official prep exams. I scored Q49 earlier, two months back. Over these months I have practised a lot and have got accustomed to using the online board.

So I guess, I will still be using the online whiteboard!

Indeed, you will still have the option to use the online whiteboard or a mix of the online and physical whiteboard (I think the online one is more helpful for Verbal while the physical one works better for Quant) so it seems like a pretty good option.
Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 560 Q44 V24
GMAT 2: 540 Q31 V34
GMAT 3: 590 Q36 V34
GMAT 4: 600 Q42 V30
GRE 1: Q159 V152
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 14:33
Finally! Someone talked some common sense into their thick heads. Bunch of yahoos making decisions at GMAC that came back to bite them in their rare ends.

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 14:40
WOW WOW WOW. RETEST is Available to those who have Taken the GMAT Online previously

LINK: https://www.mba.com/articles-and-announ ... est-option

Attachment:
retest email.png
retest email.png [ 413.08 KiB | Viewed 2136 times ]

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
WAMC! - What Are My Chances - Automated Profile Evaluation Tool is Here!
Everything we know about GMAT ONLINE is Here!
Director
Director
P
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 14:44
Top Contributor
A couple of questions that GMAC has not fully answered yet:

1) If we retake the new GMAT Online with the physical whiteboard, does that count toward our yearly or lifetime attempts? (I'm assuming no, as with the regular GMAT Online, but I still want to make sure.)

2) What about the test-takers who take the online GMAT between now and the 11th? Are they allowed to re-take when the exam switches over too? If so, then I could expect to see a spike in registrations for the dates between today and 6/10, since we now know that we will get another shot at the online exam starting 6/11, so long as we can afford another $200, and that it will probably be easier the second time around, with the new option of hand-writing our Quant notes in particular.

-Brian
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 14:47
mcelroytutoring wrote:

1) If we retake the new GMAT Online with the physical whiteboard, does that count toward our yearly or lifetime attempts? (I'm assuming no, as with the regular GMAT Online, but I still want to make sure.)

2) What about the test-takers who take the online GMAT between now and the 11th? Are they allowed to re-take when the exam switches over too? If so, then I could expect to see a spike in registrations for the dates between today and 6/10, since we now know that we will get another shot at the online exam starting 6/11, so long as we can afford another $200, and that it will probably be easier the second time around, with the new option of hand-writing our Quant notes in particular.

-Brian

Am also curious about same questions!
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 14:48
mcelroytutoring wrote:

-Brian

Hi. They did answer your questions On a secret page here: https://www.mba.com/articles-and-announ ... est-option :-)

1. If you choose to take the GMAT™ Online Exam again, neither attempt will count toward your yearly or lifetime exam attempt limits.
2. The additional attempt option is only available to test takers who took a GMAT Online exam from April 20, 2020 – June 10, 2020 and is available for new appointments scheduled between June 11, 2020 – July 17, 2020.

So yes, you can retake the test twice if you take it before June 11th. Who is in??? :lol:

INSEAD School Moderator
G
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE: General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 14:50
I would assume some cost if they keep both scores, but if they acknowledged that their Online Whiteboard has glitches and therefore is not fit for the exam on its own I believe they should provide a free retake option (taking out the previous score).

Anyway, 200$ for a "retake" seems odd and just a revenue booster for those who had concerns on no using the digital whiteboard, the ones that are time/grade/covid constraint and do not have the TC option.

Regarding paying to do the same question set twice, I'm not sure I would likely pay for seeing some questions before, it goes against what the exam seeks, could be quite helpful with RC passages, but still, having the certainty that you have done the exact same question may work against you if they are not exactly the same, killing you with overconfidence.
I believe that the two weeks lock period should apply for the Online GMAT retakers unless they are using a different set of questions from June 11th.... their late moves seem a bit strange.

Regards,
Pablo

bb wrote:
it will definitely cost more to retake... it would be a paid option for sure!

Here is a random question for you, how much would you be willing to pay if you could take the same set of questions twice?
There is a loophole that allows you to tap the same question pool of questions (if you take the EA and GMAT in the same 15 day period, you get the same question database. Souvik was somewhat surprised when he got the RC's and same Quant questions) but EA costs $350. At the same time, you can take EA, then prep for the type of questions you will encounter and then sit for the GMAT. Oddly enough in Souvik's case, his score was only a smidge higher on the EA than on the GMAT. So in his case retaking the same exact questions twice was of little consequence. :dazed

pabpinor wrote:
I see retaking as an option only if does not cost me more $$$.

I believe they should not proceed with this change now without giving us a chance to retake with the new conditions (and without cost) or somehow adjusting our grades gauss bell. It is really unfair.

I will be taking it at the Test Center anyway :(

Regards,
Pablo

bb wrote:
mcelroytutoring wrote:
Breaking: GMAC just announced that GMAT Online test takers will be able to use a physical whiteboard starting June 11!

https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat-online/p ... rd-options

Thanks for sharing!
This is crazy! Definitely unexpected but it seems that they relented since the GMAT Online is continuing for another month till July 17. My guess re-takes are coming next :cool:

My thoughts
1. This is good news
2. This sucks for people who have taken the GMAT online with an onilne whiteboard
3. They will have to offer retake of the GMAT ONLINE since I can see lots of discomfort with the change among the people who have taken the test online
4. This proves that the squeaky wheel gets the grease :thumbsup:

P.S. I have to disappoint you McLroytutoring and all other beach folks- you can't use boogie boards ... but I think surfboards maybe OK! :lol:
HBS Moderator
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 14:58
Could anyone confirm if we need to buy that whiteboard for GMAT?
Coz they could even rent it and I could not find a whiteboard to satisfy the size requirements.
I did find a 1.5 ftx2ft one but that is all
Free Admissions and GMAT consulting "GMAT Club special"
No spams No bullshit; Purely FACT BASED SOCIAL SERVICE
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V42 (Online)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 15:10
I just received my score today 720 (Q48 V42), usually (Q49/50). do you think I should retake the exam?
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 15:14
medag wrote:
I just received my score today 720 (Q48 V42), usually (Q49/50). do you think I should retake the exam?

Congrats!!! You can use this tool to evaluate your chances and opportunities:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/what-are-my- ... 09854.html

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 15:31
since there is no way to cancel your online exam score, will schools see your score if you decide to apply with a score from a test center?
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 15:35
G2MAT wrote:
since there is no way to cancel your online exam score, will schools see your score if you decide to apply with a score from a test center?

No. GMAT online scores are not reported with test scores from the test center.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
D
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GRE 1: Q169 V168

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 15:46
Is this breaking news?

Appointments beginning June 11, 2020 will include the option to use a physical whiteboard during the exam.

Now, I might take it since it won't be counted toward lifetime limit. :)
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 15:48
It is breaking news ... but it got reported a page or ago in this discussion 😂

zhanbo wrote:
Is this breaking news?

Appointments beginning June 11, 2020 will include the option to use a physical whiteboard during the exam.

Now, I might take it since it won't be counted toward lifetime limit. :)

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 16:18
Hi - why does it take GMAT Online one week to give us the score compared to the instant score visibility in physical GMAT?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 16:32
pn16 wrote:
Hi - why does it take GMAT Online one week to give us the score compared to the instant score visibility in physical GMAT?

Hi, I think it has something to do with them reviewing whether you take the test faithfully. Not sure though, but some of the test takers who took the longest to get their scores are the one who at least got some issue on their tests. This is my own analysis and I might be wrong.

Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.7
WE: Other (Other)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 16:34
Quick question, BB and others... Although one's online GMAT score cannot be cancelled, many have pointed out one's score for the Online GMAT is provided on a distinct score report. Do we know, or have any indication, whether the score reports (for online vs in-person exams) will eventually be integrated? In other words do we know with certainty that the independent reporting is deliberate and thus expected to continue? I've seen no such statement from GMAC and therefore as it stands I take little comfort in the separate reporting / lack of a cancel option. Hoping someone can change my mind. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 17:14
Hi!

Can someone show a suitable erasable whiteboard example? Can we use the scratch paper provided in the test center? Or is only an actual whiteboard that we hang to the wall allowed? I am confused.

According to mbacom:
Whiteboard Requirements:

1 erasable whiteboard no larger than 12 inches x 20 inches (30 centimeters x 43 centimeters)
1 dry erase marker
1 dry marker eraser
The following items are NOT allowed*:

Paper
Pen / Pencil
Permanent Marker
Tissues, Paper Towels, Napkins
Whiteboard Spray
Paper in a clear slide
Boogie Boards
Chalkboards
Writing Tablets
*These are some examples of prohibited items, not a comprehensive list
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 17:26
bb wrote:
G2MAT wrote:

No. GMAT online scores are not reported with test scores from the test center.

Thanks @bb. Do you happen to know if schools will put more/less/same emphasis on the Online Exam as compared to the In-person Exam? For example...if there were two applicants with the same profile except one took the online exam and one took the in-person exam, would the school select the person who took the in-person exam over the other applicant?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]   [#permalink] 04 Jun 2020, 17:26

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  59   60   61   62   63   64   65  ...  97    Next  [ 1940 posts ] 

GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep