Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:05 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [1]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Lionheart Admissions Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
GMAT Retake? 5th Attempt [#permalink]
Expert Reply
mbahopeful13 What has changed so significantly in your application over the past year that these same schools will be reevaluating you with a new lens? I am pessimistic about reapplying to top schools the subsequent year without a big jump up in something major ie GMAT, promotion, international work experience stuff like that.

If you don't have this, you are telling the adcom that they were wrong about their decision. And should reexamine the same information over again. Not likely to work out IMO. I recommend you bump up the test score and apply to fresh schools.

Would encourage you to switch up your strategy on the GMAT: have you engaged tutors, taken part in study groups? It's like anything else: if you aren't getting the results you desire change your strategy. Would also recommend you take the mock GRE on the MGMAT site to see if that fares better for you.

You want to do well, but for some schools, GRE scores are unpublished it is kind of a back door for candidates who have diverse and compelling profiles.

mbahopeful13 wrote:
Hey All,

I am posting to get some advice on if it is at all worth me considering retaking the GMAT again. I have taken the GMAT 5 times already with the goal of landing a score around a 710+ just to feel comfortable with applying to top 15 schools. Unfortunately my tests have all had the same trend ( aside from the first which I canceled due to totally bombing it ). I continuously score in the 700+ range on one section while the other dips. My past two tests have been at 690 with my most recent coming in at a higher quant. My practice tests have usually hovered around 700 - 760 so it's not odd that I score a 690.

690 ( Q46, V38 )
690 ( Q42, V42 )
660 ( Q41, V40 )
650 ( Q47, V33 )
Canceled

I was planning on targeting the top 5 and I applied to HBS, Sloan, and Booth last R2 but got dinged with my 690 ( Q42, V42 ). Not sure a 690 ( Q46, V38 ) will change much in the upcoming R1 cycle where I will be targeting the following schools: HBS, Sloan, Tuck, Cornell Tech MBA.

Background info below:

Personal Info: 28, Male, White.

Education: Liberal Arts Degree from Top 50 U.S. University ( Studied Philosophy & Advanced Logic )

GPA: 3.5

Professional Exp: I have 6.5 years of work experience. I work in the Tech/Startup space and have worked at 5 startups including Uber and my own company. I am currently a Senior Manager at a unicorn startup while also helping to build a new company that is starting to raise seed money.

Volunteer Exp: I work as a Pro Bono Consultant for Nonprofits focused on the arts. I also volunteered for a nonprofit to teach entrepreneurship at inner city schools. I just started volunteering for a nonprofit focused on selling used clothes to fund scholarships.

Purpose of MBA: I am looking to build foundational skills specifically in finance and strategy. I am looking for entrepreneur heavy programs.

Goal on Graduating: Start my own company / work in VC
GMAT Club Bot
GMAT Retake? 5th Attempt [#permalink]