GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Jun 2018, 09:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMATClub Quant tests easy/hard?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: GMATClub Quant tests easy/hard? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2016, 10:06
Just a quick note that we have enabled ability to review GMAT Club tests and you are welcome to submit a review: http://gmatclub.com/reviews/select.php

You have to have a confirmed identity - there is a variety of ways we confirm it - click the link above and see if your identity is already considered confirmed or if you have to confirm it with of the methods/ways.

P.S. I know having reviews of your product on your own site is not widely trusted on the internet, but I am hoping people will see that we are not filtering anything and hopefully a few negative reviews will make it more realistic... not that I want negative ones but kind of need them to establish credibility :-)

Thank you
BB

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Current Student
S
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.88
WE: Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2016, 12:11
bb wrote:
hugomaure wrote:
I confirm that your quant questions are the best I've seen. IMO they are a bit harder but prepare very well to the real test. Congrats for your wonderful work! My subscription was definitely a great investment.

Wow - thank you for a great endorsement :oops:
P.S. Coincidentally, I have just finished running our annual analysis analzing difference ins cores between our tests and official test results based on user reports. In general, the standard error is 2 points based on those results, which I think is acceptable since people tend not to put as much effort into their practice tests (most results were slightly lower). Here is a histogram showing difference in points of Q score.

A negative number means that the user has received a lower GMAT Club tests score than on the real GMAT.
A positive number means that GMAT Club tests score was higher than the actual GMAT score.

Attachment:
2016-02-17_0655.png

Hey BB! I too am finding the tests to be great and more similar to the GMAT in terms of level of questions than any other practice CATs, even GMAT prep which always seemed too easy compared to the real deal (I've taken mgmat, veritas, gmatprep and Kaplan)! Perfect for stress testing, refining silly mistakes and learning to avoid those common tricks! Would you say your regression analysis applies to the highest score on the Quant sections or the mean score for an individual? Thanks!
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2016, 12:23
lpetroski wrote:
Would you say your regression analysis applies to the highest score on the Quant sections or the mean score for an individual? Thanks!

Thank you for your feedback and comments!
As to the methodology, we usually take the last score that is within 30 days of the final GMAT attempt. if there are several scores within that interval, we usually take the last one unless it is very low (e.g. Q44 when all others were Q49). We also make sure that we only take into consideration the scores that were taken under the Test mode and not Study mode.

BB

Founder of GMAT Club

Current Student
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2016, 14:19
hi! Now that GMAC has recalculated the percentiles for quant, which should we focus on more in terms of gauging preparedness in the GMAT Club tests? The percentile or the raw score? thanks!
VP
VP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2016, 21:24
lpetroski wrote:
hi! Now that GMAC has recalculated the percentiles for quant, which should we focus on more in terms of gauging preparedness in the GMAT Club tests? The percentile or the raw score? thanks!
The percentiles are updated every year. This process should have no impact on your choice of or on the way you use practice tests. Changes in percentiles are usually small enough that they don't impact test analysis significantly.

Ascore Prep | Bangalore

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2016, 22:51
lpetroski wrote:

Thank you for alerting about this - I will have the percentiles in the tests updated and in other spots on the site too!
Agree with AjiteshArun, this should not make any difference for prep or strategies; these are very minor adjustments showing the general trends/tendencies.
BB

Founder of GMAT Club

Current Student
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2016, 23:47
Thanks Bb, as someone trying to get 70%ile +, the change felt quite significant! A 45 fell from 63% to 59%

so, from the tests I'm guessing percentiles are more important to focus on than raw score?

Posted from my mobile device

Posted from my mobile device
Attachments

File comment: Old percentiles
image.png
image.png [ 104.13 KiB | Viewed 852 times ]

File comment: New percentiles
image.png
image.png [ 98.1 KiB | Viewed 853 times ]

VP
VP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2016, 04:34
lpetroski wrote:
Thanks Bb, as someone trying to get 70%ile +, the change felt quite significant! A 45 fell from 63% to 59%
You should still go with the scaled scores that you and your instructor (if you're working with one) are targeting. There are two really good reasons why:

1. Schools are more interested in the scores they understand and are familiar with. They see the percentiles, but the scaled score is what they will look at.

2. Schools do not really hold all potential candidates to the same standards. For example, an Indian or Chinese candidate with a Q45 is unlikely to be considered especially strong at quant (I'm putting it mildly), but a Q45 would not be considered a weak score for an American candidate. Quite a bit of the percentile drop we've seen in quant is attributable to Asian candidates. Whether that affects you is not immediately apparent from the percentile tables on mba.com.

Ascore Prep | Bangalore

Current Student
S
Reviews Badge
GMATClub Quant tests easy/hard? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2016, 05:07
AjiteshArun wrote:
lpetroski wrote:
You should still go with the scaled scores that you and your instructor (if you're working with one) are targeting. There are two really good reasons why:

1. Schools are more interested in the scores they understand and are familiar with. They see the percentiles, but the scaled score is what they will look at.

2. Schools do not really hold all potential candidates to the same standards. For example, an Indian or Chinese candidate with a Q45 is unlikely to be considered especially strong at quant (I'm putting it mildly), but a Q45 would not be considered a weak score for an American candidate. Quite a bit of the percentile drop we've seen in quant is attributable to Asian candidates. Whether that affects you is not immediately apparent from the percentile tables on mba.com.

Hi AjiteshArun! I really do appreciate you responding but I have to say, INSEAD, my target school, really does focus on percentiles rather than raw scores. The raw score I was targeting is no longer 70%ile. See what I mean? Think there will be able flexibility on that?

I'm just trying to figure out which is the best metric to look at to understand if I am scoring in practices where I need to score in order to get in to my target school.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V44
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2018, 04:25
Hi bb Bunuel ,
I gave my GMAT in May 2017 and scored a miserable 640 - q44 v33. In all of my MBA dot com gmat test packs, I never scored below 47 in quant and below 40 in Verbal. All GMAT Mock tests were given in exam like conditions.
Also, I actually found the real GMAT bit tougher than the quant in MBA dot com tests 1-4.
There is a thread that says that test 5 & 6 is tougher than the real thing, however, imo, tests 5&6 were closer to the actual difficulty level in the exam.

Now, the question:
I purchased the GMATCLUB test pack a month ago.
My quant scores range between 39 to 44 on a bad day and between 45 to 50 on a good day. I can clearly see that when I give the test well-rested and with less environmental disturbance, my score ranges between 45 to 50.

I plan to register for GMAT within a couple of days. My target is to get a q50. How close do you think are the GMATCLUB test scores to the real thing?
Expert Post
Math Expert
V

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2018, 06:06
gmatinsead2018 wrote:
Hi bb Bunuel ,
I gave my GMAT in May 2017 and scored a miserable 640 - q44 v33. In all of my MBA dot com gmat test packs, I never scored below 47 in quant and below 40 in Verbal. All GMAT Mock tests were given in exam like conditions.
Also, I actually found the real GMAT bit tougher than the quant in MBA dot com tests 1-4.
There is a thread that says that test 5 & 6 is tougher than the real thing, however, imo, tests 5&6 were closer to the actual difficulty level in the exam.

Now, the question:
I purchased the GMATCLUB test pack a month ago.
My quant scores range between 39 to 44 on a bad day and between 45 to 50 on a good day. I can clearly see that when I give the test well-rested and with less environmental disturbance, my score ranges between 45 to 50.

I plan to register for GMAT within a couple of days. My target is to get a q50. How close do you think are the GMATCLUB test scores to the real thing?

I'd say GMAT Club's Tests give pretty close estimation but still the best estimation is given by GMAT Prep's software. You can download it free from mba.com.

New to the Math Forum?
Please read this: Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread | All You Need for Quant | PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW: 12 Rules for Posting!!!

Resources:
GMAT Math Book | Triangles | Polygons | Coordinate Geometry | Factorials | Circles | Number Theory | Remainders; 8. Overlapping Sets | PDF of Math Book; 10. Remainders | GMAT Prep Software Analysis | SEVEN SAMURAI OF 2012 (BEST DISCUSSIONS) | Tricky questions from previous years.

Collection of Questions:
PS: 1. Tough and Tricky questions; 2. Hard questions; 3. Hard questions part 2; 4. Standard deviation; 5. Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions; 6. Probability and Combinations Questions With Solutions; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 12 Easy Pieces (or not?); 9 Bakers' Dozen; 10 Algebra set. ,11 Mixed Questions, 12 Fresh Meat

DS: 1. DS tough questions; 2. DS tough questions part 2; 3. DS tough questions part 3; 4. DS Standard deviation; 5. Inequalities; 6. 700+ GMAT Data Sufficiency Questions With Explanations; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 The Discreet Charm of the DS; 9 Devil's Dozen!!!; 10 Number Properties set., 11 New DS set.

What are GMAT Club Tests?
Extra-hard Quant Tests with Brilliant Analytics

Re: GMATClub Quant tests easy/hard?   [#permalink] 01 Jan 2018, 06:06

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 31 posts ] 

GMATClub Quant tests easy/hard?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR JUNE
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap