Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 17:27 It is currently 03 May 2024, 17:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [5]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11673 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 11673 [1]
Send PM
Re: GMATClub Quant tests easy/hard? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi hugomaure,

Since you're planning on applying to some competitive Schools, you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile and plans. There's a Forum full of them here:

ask-admission-consultants-124/

If you do end up choosing to retest, then you should post back here (or PM me directly) and I'll offer some suggestions.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

I retook the GMAT this morning and got Q50 V39 for a 730 overall (IR 8). Look forward to hearing from you :)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73002 [2]
Given Kudos: 18906
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
hugomaure wrote:
Hi,

I retook the GMAT this morning and got Q50 V39 for a 730 overall (IR 8). Look forward to hearing from you :)

Congratulations! Glad to hear the scores were close enough between GMAT Club tests and your official score!
RC & DI Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32208 [1]
Given Kudos: 299
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
bb wrote:
hugomaure wrote:
Hi,

Congratulations! Glad to hear the scores were close enough between GMAT Club tests and your official score!

Hi bb,

I would say the Quant questions in our club are the best one can see around. The efforts put in in creating these is appreciable..
congrats hugomaure...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
I confirm that your quant questions are the best I've seen. IMO they are a bit harder but prepare very well to the real test. Congrats for your wonderful work! My subscription was definitely a great investment.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73002 [5]
Send PM
GMATClub Quant tests easy/hard? [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
hugomaure wrote:
I confirm that your quant questions are the best I've seen. IMO they are a bit harder but prepare very well to the real test. Congrats for your wonderful work! My subscription was definitely a great investment.

Wow - thank you for a great endorsement :oops:
P.S. Coincidentally, I have just finished running our annual analysis analzing difference ins cores between our tests and official test results based on user reports. In general, the standard error is 2 points based on those results, which I think is acceptable since people tend not to put as much effort into their practice tests (most results were slightly lower). Here is a histogram showing difference in points of Q score.

A negative number means that the user has received a lower GMAT Club tests score than on the real GMAT.
A positive number means that GMAT Club tests score was higher than the actual GMAT score.

Attachment:
2016-02-17_0655.png
2016-02-17_0655.png [ 4.99 KiB | Viewed 16029 times ]
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 1180 [1]
Given Kudos: 236
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
hugomaure wrote:

Wow - thank you for a great endorsement :oops:
P.S. Coincidentally, I have just finished running our annual analysis analzing difference ins cores between our tests and official test results based on user reports. In general, the standard error is 2 points based on those results, which I think is acceptable since people tend not to put as much effort into their practice tests (most results were slightly lower). Here is a histogram showing difference in points of Q score.

A negative number means that the user has received a lower GMAT Club tests score than on the real GMAT.
A positive number means that GMAT Club tests score was higher than the actual GMAT score.

Attachment:
2016-02-17_0655.png

That is a great result. I too, find GMATClub's Q tests more real than the ones from Kaplan/Economist/MGMAT.
as a matter of fact, my gmatprep's score (last one) is in the same range as my latest Q test on gmatclub.

on verbal though, I saw some debatable questions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
GPA: 3.89
WE:Accounting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
mvictor wrote:
That is a great result. I too, find GMATClub's Q tests more real than the ones from Kaplan/Economist/MGMAT.
as a matter of fact, my gmatprep's score (last one) is in the same range as my latest Q test on gmatclub.

I don't know about the question quality but the scoring for verbal is way off. I missed two questions total (one 700 one 600) and got a V39. Seems incorrect, especially when missing 5 on a GMAT Prep gives me a V45.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 1180 [1]
Given Kudos: 236
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Kelzie01 wrote:
mvictor wrote:

I don't know about the question quality but the scoring for verbal is way off. I missed two questions total (one 700 one 600) and got a V39. Seems incorrect, especially when missing 5 on a GMAT Prep gives me a V45.

Indeed..I was receiving 500 level questions one after another (I believe ~10Q) during one test ..even though I responded correctly, the difficulty level did not go up. But from what bb said, the problem is already fixed.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73002 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Kelzie01 wrote:
mvictor wrote:

Kelzie01,

I don't see you taking a CAT test actually. You took a free verbal test in which you scored 95% correctly. The free test scoring is based on a very different and very very simple system/method. I suggest that you take a CAT test (the free test is linear; we are working to make the free one CATs as well to reduce this kind of confusion)... anyway, please take a CAT test.

Thank you.
BB
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 11673 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi hugomaure,

That's outstanding news about this latest GMAT Score. With a 730/Q50, you're in an even stronger position to apply to each of the Schools that you listed. My prior advice still stands though - since you're planning on applying to some competitive Schools, you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile and plans. There's a Forum full of them here:

ask-admission-consultants-124/

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bb wrote:
I don't see you taking a CAT test actually. You took a free verbal test in which you scored 95% correctly. The free test scoring is based on a very different and very very simple system/method. I suggest that you take a CAT test (the free test is linear; we are working to make the free one CATs as well to reduce this kind of confusion)... anyway, please take a CAT test.

Thank you.
BB

My apologies for maligning your CAT in that case. That makes a lot more sense!

Thanks for not publishing my quant score. :wink:
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73002 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Kelzie01 wrote:
bb wrote:

Thank you.
BB

My apologies for maligning your CAT in that case. That makes a lot more sense!

Thanks for not publishing my quant score. :wink:

Ha-ha. No problem. I did not notice it, but you made me go back and look it up now, and I would have the same suggestion for you in that case - please take a CAT and that should have a much better handle on your score and give you a pretty accurate picture where you stand.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bb wrote:
Ha-ha. No problem. I did not notice it, but you made me go back and look it up now, and I would have the same suggestion for you in that case - please take a CAT and that should have a much better handle on your score and give you a pretty accurate picture where you stand.

I will cause now I'M curious. I only have two more CATs scheduled before G-Day (Q49, V51 on my last GMAT Prep! Woot!!) but I'm interested in the verbal questions now since it was brought up and they're kinda my fave.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73002 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
LOL. Payback! Sounds great to me! Look forward.

Congrats on the Q49/V51 - The V51 is supper rare!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bb wrote:
LOL. Payback! Sounds great to me! Look forward.

Congrats on the Q49/V51 - The V51 is supper rare!

Yeah, I'm still a little giddy. Now just have to pull that off on the real test!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4666 [2]
Given Kudos: 634
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Kelzie01 wrote:
I only have two more CATs scheduled before G-Day (Q49, V51 on my last GMAT Prep! Woot!!) but I'm interested in the verbal questions now since it was brought up and they're kinda my fave.
Welcome to the Vscaled > Qscaled club. It's a somewhat dubious distinction, but all the best for the exam :)
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2