Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 09:26 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 09:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Haas EWMBA Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
WL wrote:
Can you please share some information about the student body? How interesting? I heard that half of the students are engineers.

~1/4 of the class is engineers or former engineers. Everyone else is anything and everything in between. Some PhDs, some people with grad degrees. Consultants, marketing, sales, banking, etc. Lots of tech since it's the Bay Area, but most other industries are represented.

You also get access to all the full time students via the clubs. So, you're not limited to the people in the part time program.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am trying to decide between Booth Part time and Haas EWMBA. I will have to commute to both programs so that is not an issue. My background is Engineering and I currently work in technology and am planning to pursue Business Development and Product Management post MBA. Haas has a very strong alumni base in technology whereas Booth seems to have a bigger brand name. Any thoughts or suggestions.?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
cubuff wrote:
I am trying to decide between Booth Part time and Haas EWMBA. I will have to commute to both programs so that is not an issue. My background is Engineering and I currently work in technology and am planning to pursue Business Development and Product Management post MBA. Haas has a very strong alumni base in technology whereas Booth seems to have a bigger brand name. Any thoughts or suggestions.?

~40% of EWMBA grads end up doing product management at graduation. So, if that's what you're looking to do, Haas will definitely get you there.

Where do you want to live after graduation? They're both great programs, but it's really down to a personal choice between the two. Booth was on my list when I was applying, but I ended up deciding against it due to the weather, flight time, and where I wanted to live after I graduated. You may have completely different things that you value, but it's really down to that.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10019 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you everybody who attended the latest webinar jointly organized by GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting for the applicants got dinged this year.

For the members who could not attend this event, we have posted the webinar recording in the main post of this thread.

Check out this link for free ding analysis offer by Admissionado.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any other round 3 applicants who haven't been invited to interview yet? How much notice do they usually give?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am trying to decide between Haas/Booth/Kellogg. I currently work in technology and am hoping to get into strategy consulting but keep technology as a backup. Since Haas doesn't share employment reports of part time students I am not sure how many people from EWMBA make it to MBB. Can someone reflect on this as well as how much support is available at Haas for preparing for case base interviews. Any suggestion about which school I should choose?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Send PM
mbbwannabe wrote:
I am trying to decide between Haas/Booth/Kellogg. I currently work in technology and am hoping to get into strategy consulting but keep technology as a backup. Since Haas doesn't share employment reports of part time students I am not sure how many people from EWMBA make it to MBB. Can someone reflect on this as well as how much support is available at Haas for preparing for case base interviews. Any suggestion about which school I should choose?

I'm not sure on the numbers, but I do know of a few classmates who received internships to both McKinsey and Bain. As I didn't go the consulting route, I'm not sure if BCG was an active recruiter.

What I can say is this, the number of classmates who intend to go into either IB or Consulting is fairly small, but those who do want to go that route have plenty of opportunities and lots of support available to them.

As your backup is technology, there is no question that Haas is incredibly strong in that area. From the looks of it, having to decide between Haas, Booth, and Kellogg is a pretty good position to be in.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
fdsa4321 wrote:
Any other round 3 applicants who haven't been invited to interview yet? How much notice do they usually give?

I was a round 4 applicant and already interviewed. But I do remember seeing a list full of applicants when I checked in. Hope you get your invite soon!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Just curious for the admitted candidates, is there a facebook/linkedin group? If so, how many people are in there? It is one week until the round 3/4 decision date...i want to get a rough idea of how many spots are still open. :-D

Also, anyone have insight into round 5 (rolling admissions)? Was this offered last year?

Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
spazbot wrote:
Just curious for the admitted candidates, is there a facebook/linkedin group? If so, how many people are in there? It is one week until the round 3/4 decision date...i want to get a rough idea of how many spots are still open. :-D

Also, anyone have insight into round 5 (rolling admissions)? Was this offered last year?

Thanks!

There is a facebook group. It has 100 members at the moment. From what I can tell, 3 of the members are from my class, and ~5 are Haas staff.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
packet82 wrote:
spazbot wrote:

Thanks!

There is a facebook group. It has 100 members at the moment. From what I can tell, 3 of the members are from my class, and ~5 are Haas staff.

Thanks packet for the speedy response! Do you happen to have any insights/thoughts about why haas opened a rolling admissions round and the impact on current wait listed people? Was there a round 5 in prior years? I didn't see any in prior forums.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
I just got interviewed today. Is that a bad sign being so close to the decision date? I'm a round 3 applicant.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
flakecandy wrote:
I just got interviewed today. Is that a bad sign being so close to the decision date? I'm a round 3 applicant.

I think they mentioned that they interview all the way up until decision date and the order of the interview is random. Congrats on getting an interview!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I applied in R4 on 04/13/2014. Invited to interview on 04/25/2014. Interviewed on 05/01/2014. Quantitative proficiency has been completed, as my GRE quant score was at the 85th percentile. File is under review. Waiting patiently for the decision. Will they start calling about admission decisions tomorrow, just like they did for R1/R2 or should we wait till 04/30/2014?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aradhya wrote:
I applied in R4 on 04/13/2014. Invited to interview on 04/25/2014. Interviewed on 05/01/2014. Quantitative proficiency has been completed, as my GRE quant score was at the 85th percentile. File is under review. Waiting patiently for the decision. Will they start calling about admission decisions tomorrow, just like they did for R1/R2 or should we wait till 04/30/2014?

According to previous rounds/years, I believe they start calling tomorrow.

If the facebook group has 100 members, does that mean less than half of the seats are filled as of now?

Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Thanks, intern19! Congrats to you too.

aradhya, I was just about to ask the same thing about the phone calls. I'd also like to know when I should start watching my phone (I'm in San Francisco). I know it won't be healthy to spend the whole day waiting for a call that might not come at all, but I know I won't be able to help it.

Good luck to everyone - we'll all be watching our phones intently tomorrow.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Thanks, intern19.

Flakecandy, I am in the same boat. I am in SFO as well. Hope they call us tomorrow.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts