Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:52 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 216 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.37
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
CIO
CIO
Own Kudos [?]: 1357 [1]
Given Kudos: 334
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 433 [1]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 3: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Kudos
A forum section where people can sell/rent school related items (cars/furniture) other than GMAT books?

I.e. while I go to school in the East Coast, my house that is close to UCLA is available to rent for at least 2 years.
Where would I put this post? Off topic? Can I advertise it in the UCLA page?

Originally posted by lulumocha on 04 Apr 2011, 13:02.
Last edited by lulumocha on 04 Apr 2011, 13:44, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
I haven't read through this entire thread, this may have already been proposed, but how about a section for current mba students. It's pretty clear that this forum brings in high caliber individuals that are willing to pool their knowledge for the greater good of the community...so why stop that collaboration once we've been admitted? I think discussing topics and academic material we are currently facing at school, to get other perspectives from students that may be attending a school with a different approach, for example, would be of benefit to all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
Given Kudos: 62
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.59
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Kudos
lulumocha wrote:
Yeah, for me I would much rather rent out my place to another MBA student who I know will most likely be here for two years, and if I know I was coming back in two years and he/she was leaving LA in two years, then perfect :-D

And selling my stuff like car, furniture etc I would be more inclined to give a better deal to people I find on this website. Also stuff people would dump might be useful to another future poor mba student.

And thanks, I will post in BSchool Life forum

bb wrote:
lulumocha wrote:
A forum section where people can sell/rent school related items (cars/furniture) other than GMAT books?

I.e. while I go to school in the East Coast, my house that is close to UCLA is available to rent for at least 2 years.
Where would I put this post? Off topic? Can I advertise it in the UCLA page?

Hm... interesting. We can rename/create a new "classifieds" forum. You an also post in the BSchool Life forum (that's intended for those who have already been admitted).

At the same time, Craigslist may be the ultimate answer

Definitely like the idea of it.
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 521 [1]
Given Kudos: 76
Send PM
Kudos
This is not crucial, but a little annoying. Before, the "Go to page ..." links in the forum indexes were right below the last thread. With the inclusion of links in the right (mba guides, best discussions, etc), these links are now farther below. When scrolling down and searching for a specific thread, say in the B-School Application forum, and reaching the bottom, if you didn't find the thread you wanted and have to go to the next page, you either have to scroll down until the end, or up to the beginning to click on the links. Maybe there is a way to place the "Go to page..." links right below the last thread on the page, next to the right links (more in the center). Or maybe trim the right links to the actual length of the page. Do you think it's possible?
Here a picture of what I'm talking about.
Attachments

Screenshot - 9_15_2011 , 2_45_34 PM.jpg
Screenshot - 9_15_2011 , 2_45_34 PM.jpg [ 7.87 KiB | Viewed 2985 times ]

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1488 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Operations (Insurance)
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
I would like to start an official "Suggestions" and "Improvements" thread - ideas welcome :idea:

This site has been built by members like you and many of the features are a direct contribution by many of them. If there is a feature you feel is missing or not fully developed, post it here - we'll be happy to install/develop/research as long as it's feasible.

Suggestions Submitted:

New sub-forum for GMAT-MBA journey posts (terp26)
    Submitted on 3/3/09

Spell check for posts (leonidas)
    Submitted on 2/27/09

Split Verbal Forum into question type categories (nitya34 and technext)
    Submitted on 2/24/09

Split the Math Forum into DS and PS sub-categories

Thread updated on 4/3/09

I suggest the site could allow users to start posts they feel are relevant and can be visited later .This could appear next to My posts and will really hep track topics or discussion threads I want to refer to in the future
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 188 [1]
Given Kudos: 157
Send PM
Kudos
The application tracker will be more effective if it can be synced with a users list of schools. If I were to apply to 5 schools, then I would be interested in looking at the activity of only those schools.

Making the list user friendly should not be a major problem, as the display could be sourced from a users list.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Kudos
I am a new user. The forum includes tons of absolutely valuable material. However, many posts are over-flooded with different forms of appreciation: thank you, great post, great job!, great compilation etc. If these make up most of the post by volume, they eventually become annoying. Therefore, I propose to add to forum etiquette that this kind of posts are discouraged. Instead, one can give the other 'kudos' for great stuff. Let's keep posts short and simple, and we all benefit from it ...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014

GRE 1: Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE:Education (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
I think the school colors that show our application status ( what-are-the-school-colors-and-how-to-change-them-74316.html#p1031570 ) should be tweaked to be less confusing

"Researching" and "invited to interview" should be different colors, not both blue

And I think "admitted from WL" should not be black

Maybe throw a brown gray or yellow in the mix somewhere

Just an idea
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 699 [1]
Given Kudos: 61
Send PM
Kudos
on the daily gmat questions... can we have it actually full black text and black lettering?

sometimes i'll scroll down too far and see the answers (even better than before)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 259 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: IT Consulting
GMAT 2: 520
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys,

I wont be surprised if this already exists in the GMAT club.

I was just wondering if we have an option to generate the GMAT Club test reports and find out the weak areas, along with the level of questions? I have seen this in MGMAT forum and its handy. Would be good if GMAT club tests also have option to generate reports that will accurately tell us the weak areas.

Cheers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Tapatalk did not work very well with the site, so it was a hassle (it would crash). Not sure if that has changed now.
We do have a mobile and standard view now that you can use for convenience. I will take a look into the Taptalk again.

-BB.

Thanks BB. Overall, not a big deal, since the standard view does work very well with mobile Safari & there are the links from the GMAT ToolKit app.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
cheerose wrote:
I know that there was a previous request, but are there plans on fixing access to the forum through the Tapatalk app?

Thanks,

Jeff

Tapatalk did not work very well with the site, so it was a hassle (it would crash). Not sure if that has changed now.
We do have a mobile and standard view now that you can use for convenience. I will take a look into the Taptalk again.

-BB.

I would greatly appreciate Tapatalk being looked at again to work with this site.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
GPA: 3.7
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Thank you for the ping. Let me put this back on the board (a big push with the new design/features is on right now changes-coming-to-gmat-club-on-june-5th-132619.html?fl=events)

Hey GmatClub team - How does an MBA applicant share their blog in the forums? Do you have a page where all blogs are listed?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: UWC
Own Kudos [?]: 8800 [1]
Given Kudos: 100
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.43
WE:Engineering (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Kudos
I think we need a new section in the reviews page; basically a new category for Q Banks of Kaplan, Manhattan, Jeff Sackmann Challenge, Manhattan Advanced/Challenges etc. When I was looking to make a QBank purchase I went to the review page looking for reviews but ended up finding them in posts instead....just my 2c

Another issue: People often post questions from some CAT or the other. It would be nice to have a CAT tag for example Manhattan CAT or Kaplan CAT. This way if I'm looking for practice questions but I also plan to take a Manhattan CAT in the future, I will know which questions to stay away from.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
Send PM
Kudos
I dont know how feasible it is to implement this but here are my two cents on the 'Question of the Day'. The 'preview' (listed at the right column, for example in the 'Latest in Blog' section) often reveals the correct answer in its text. My eyes wander and I frequently end up reading the correct answer choice before solving the question and it spoils all the fun :( . It would be awesome if something could be done to keep it hidden :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Can you give me a link to a page or a screenshot where I can see this?

Yep.. Here you go :-D
Attachments

File comment: sample
GC.jpg
GC.jpg [ 22.48 KiB | Viewed 2856 times ]

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM