Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:46 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [1]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Verbal Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 8810 [1]
Given Kudos: 171
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 271 [1]
Given Kudos: 80
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 183 [1]
Given Kudos: 3386
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi bb, is there a way to actually see detailed stats for a particular practice question, such as a distribution by time of % of ppl who answered a question correctly? Currently for example one can only know that for a question with 2000 attempts, 70% of them are correct and have an avg. time taken of 2 mins. However, if one can look at a nested/detailed summary view of how much time did majority of these attempts took (it may be that out of those 1400 correct attempts, 90% just took a minute whereas rest 10% took forever), it may help the person know a better target time to achieve rather than just relying on average.

Thanks!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Dienekes wrote:
Hi bb, is there a way to actually see detailed stats for a particular practice question, such as a distribution by time of % of ppl who answered a question correctly? Currently for example one can only know that for a question with 2000 attempts, 70% of them are correct and have an avg. time taken of 2 mins. However, if one can look at a nested/detailed summary view of how much time did majority of these attempts took (it may be that out of those 1400 correct attempts, 90% just took a minute whereas rest 10% took forever), it may help the person know a better target time to achieve rather than just relying on average.

Thanks!

Thank you for the suggestion. For our calculation we do cut off folks who take more than a certain amount of time. I believe it is 5 mins and those who take less than a certain time as well so to arrive at a statistically meaningful number. Thus the average may be a pretty good approximation how the majority of folks are doing. It is obviously not exact for a few reasons (1. You outlined and 2. The audience on GMAT Club tends to be skewed to wards higher quant capability and 3. Most of them are solving questions in less than optimal conditions). Thus the stats is a guide on how other folks are doing.

Best Regards,
BB
Manager
Manager
Status:Build your own dreams,Otherwise some one else will hire you to build there's.
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [1]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 590 Q45 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
Kudos
Building a interface similar to that of gmat might be too lengthy a process.
But including timer above questions and validating which are right and which are wrong might be some what helpful.
Based on this ,include some RC's in workbook area as well.

:) But ofcourse,only if its possible.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
WE:Operations (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
What about a short 5 min video on how to use GmatClub and access most of the resources. It will be of great help for the new joiner to learn how to navigate through the website.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4548 [1]
Given Kudos: 1228
Send PM
Kudos
Hi bb,

Can we have a select set of user defined bookmarks which appear to the user everytime he accesses the bookmarks. I know we can sort the bookmarks. But what I wish to see here is a certain set of bookmarks (say 5) which I need for quick reference instead of searching for it in my bookmarks.

Example: I want Bunuel's OG Quant repository to appear first in my bookmarks list always. I do not want to navigate to the 2nd or 3rd page of my bookmarks list to view the OG repository.

If this feature is already there, let me know how to do it :)..
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Vyshak wrote:
Hi bb,

Can we have a select set of user defined bookmarks which appear to the user everytime he accesses the bookmarks. I know we can sort the bookmarks. But what I wish to see here is a certain set of bookmarks (say 5) which I need for quick reference instead of searching for it in my bookmarks.

Example: I want Bunuel's OG Quant repository to appear first in my bookmarks list always. I do not want to navigate to the 2nd or 3rd page of my bookmarks list to view the OG repository.

If this feature is already there, let me know how to do it :)..

Hi. Thank you for the suggestion. For such case, I would suggest making a folder in your browser Navigation bar called "GMAT Club" and putting those 5 links in there - it will enable you with fastest access to the links you use most often. I do this....

Kind of like this:
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Today we have added ability to hide Timer Stats and Tags in the forum

Here are some screenshots of how it works (pretty self explanatory). There is a bug as the result of this feature, however - white space is now present below short posts; we should be able to address it within a day or two.

Attachment:
2016-03-01_1252.png
2016-03-01_1252.png [ 95.73 KiB | Viewed 2488 times ]

Attachment:
2016-03-01_1252_001.png
2016-03-01_1252_001.png [ 83.31 KiB | Viewed 2511 times ]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 395 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi BB,

I have a suggestion which can tremendously help students browse thru forums or during tag search. I had submitted this in GMAT member survey as well. Not sure if you got a chance to read that.

Let's consider a scenario where I want to attempt questions with difficulty level 700 and Source : Official guide. I use the search function and find those questions. But there is no way for me to know right away if I have already attempted those correctly. I actually have to go inside each question to check if I had used the Timer to attempt that question.

You already capture that data when I attempt questions - anywhere, in any forum.

What if we can include a green tick or a star against all questions previosuly attempted. So that I don't have to check it one by one by going inside the question. Same can be applied on general forums as well. That will save so much time, and students can focus on questions that they have not attempted earlier.

I am attaching a mockup of the screen. Pardon my photoshop skills.
Attachments

File comment: Page mockup.
GMATclub_Forum.png
GMATclub_Forum.png [ 217.65 KiB | Viewed 2464 times ]

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Dienekes wrote:
Hi BB,
The latest feature to hide/show tags/timer is great, congrats on that! I have a quick question on same - is it possible to toggle the show/hide feature at the user profile settings level rather than just the thread level?
Thanks!

Yes, something stopped working. For some reason these settings are not saved globally. It should be applied to all posts/topics. We'll look into it. Thank you.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Alright, we have a take 2 of the tags and timer stats - these are now saved in your profile and you can hide/show all timers/tags across all forums and these savings will be saved. You can control show/hide settings by toggling them on a question timer/tags. Once you set them to be hidden or visible that's how they will stay until you change the setting. This will only work for users who are logged in.

Welcome comments and suggestions!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
FacelessMan wrote:
Hi BB,

I have a suggestion which can tremendously help students browse thru forums or during tag search. I had submitted this in GMAT member survey as well. Not sure if you got a chance to read that.

Let's consider a scenario where I want to attempt questions with difficulty level 700 and Source : Official guide. I use the search function and find those questions. But there is no way for me to know right away if I have already attempted those correctly. I actually have to go inside each question to check if I had used the Timer to attempt that question.

You already capture that data when I attempt questions - anywhere, in any forum.

What if we can include a green tick or a star against all questions previosuly attempted. So that I don't have to check it one by one by going inside the question. Same can be applied on general forums as well. That will save so much time, and students can focus on questions that they have not attempted earlier.

I am attaching a mockup of the screen. Pardon my photoshop skills.

Thank you - i saw your post earlier and then failed to reply. I like the idea - I will pose it to the developers. I will post an update once I hear back. Good idea!
BB
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Yes. Thank k you for noticing. We have added the timer marker feature about a week ago. What do you think? Does it work for you?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [1]
Given Kudos: 339
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Tuck
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.6
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Hello BB,
Is there any option to classify answered and unanswered questions in every section. Earlier i saw attempted questions appearing in different color on successive log in, and it was easy to go directly to unanswered questions. now i am facing an issue, where i need to click on every question and check whether i have attempted that question or not.
it would be nice if you could implement a more user friendly option to classify answered and unanswered questions.

thanks in advance :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
baaniNitin wrote:
1> While searching for tags it takes AND condition , there should be an option to search in OR condition
Example :-
if i am searching for
Difficulty: 700-Level Questions
And Source
Source: Manhattan GMAT
Source: Official Guide
Source: Official Guide (Verbal Review)

then current state results with No Results

2> There should be an option for Not condition also
Example :- i am searching for questions other than GMATPrep .

Hi. Thank you - there is an OR option, though most people search for ALL tags at the same time - e.g. 700 level geometry from OG.
There is no "exclusion" however at this time.

Thank you
BB

Thanks BB
This is helpful

one more from my side:-
in workbook
Practice History
There is a DropDown for Forum (SC,CR,DS etc:- ) and Date .
If one more dropdown for Difficulty level is there, it would be helpful

Same in My Statistcs
if we can know our performance as per difficulty level also then it would be helpful .
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Admins of GMATClub Tests,
I'm positive you guys would have already been brought to attention about this, but for the sake of certainty, I'm going to report a bug I see on the Results page of the GMATClub Quiz.

The timings of the Slowest Incorrect and correct answer are not correct. They show up as following, while I definitely have not taken that long.

Slowest correct answer V07-37 18:11
Slowest incorrect answer V08-06 52:01
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
We have added a new feature to the workbook - now there is an ability to filter questions by difficulty.

To visit workbook, please go here: My Workbook
Attachments

Difficulty-Workbook.png
Difficulty-Workbook.png [ 78.15 KiB | Viewed 1631 times ]

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
shubham2312 wrote:
hey guys I have recently started using gmat club on mobile app I found few things which need re working

1) no option of timer just like the website it can be added as a side tray again just a suggestion

2) not able to see OA of the question just like the website which is again irritating.

3) not able to provide kudos to users from mobile app, this might be an issue with my phone because I don't see gmat club app designer will leave such an important thing.

will post more as I explore gmat club

Sent from my ONE A2003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Thank you for the suggestions! We do have a lot of this functionality in a mobile version of the site (via browser) but not in the app. The app is made by a different company and we basically get to customize it for free for our needs; the downside of this free offer, of course is that we have no customization options :(

So I don't think we will be able to customize/fix the mobile app ever. However the mobile version via a browser, you can do all of that.

BB
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  44