Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 00:09 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 00:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72893 [102]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63675 [56]
Given Kudos: 1774
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Quant Chat Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4121 [7]
Given Kudos: 1851
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [3]
Given Kudos: 169
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.73
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Donate & Join GMAT Club for 24-Hour GMAT Marathon to Help Ukraine! [#permalink]
Kudos
bb ,

Just wanted to inform you that the donation platform is not supported by Indian Debit or Credit card. May be most of Indian applicants are trying to support but it looks its not supproted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [2]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GPA: 4
WE:Operations (Transportation)
Send PM
Re: Donate & Join GMAT Club for 24-Hour GMAT Marathon to Help Ukraine! [#permalink]
Kudos
This is a hard time and the whole Ukraine will get out of it stronger. I have also been to Ukraine twice, and the people there are so sweet. It's hard to imagine what they are going through right now. By the way, I tried by both card and Paypal from India, but it says, "You cannot donate to the recipient from this country". bb You have given way more to us and this community, it's our time to give back whatever little we can do. Peace.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [2]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
brains and Theredpill, Thanks for reporting. Both options are not working for me either. Please hold on and give us some time as we fix this problem.

Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [3]
Given Kudos: 59
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
I am ashamed I was not taking all this that seriously until I read your post bb. We don't know what you must be going through but I am sure that the entire GMATClub community is with you in this. I have just one small request, if there could be a payment portal that the Indian users can also access. I am sure even the tiniest of contributions can make a big difference. Would request the mods to look into it. Hope peace prevails.
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1047 [2]
Given Kudos: 630
Schools: Ross '25 (M$)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
Send PM
Kudos
bb
We saw the video of an attack on Babyn yar. It was sickening. And we can't imagine the pain and disgust you must be feeling since you have lived in those streets.

No one that I know in my social circle supports or justifies Putin's advances. India stands with Ukraine in these testing times and as a part of this community, we would like to show our support too. But, as someone pointed out earlier, none of the listed methods of Paypal and Credit/Debit cards works for Indian donations. The error: "Donations to this recipient aren't supported in this country" pops up every time a donation is tried. If you could provide us with a substitute way to achieve this. We would be more than willing to do that. I was thinking of buying random stuff from the GmatClub marketplace to somehow send you the money but wasn't successful in that method either.

But there's a way to circumvent it, that is, by sending you Amazon e-gift cards. The delivery of the same is done via email. So, if you could DM your email address. We can send gift cards of 10$/25$/50$/100$ worth on your mail and you can take that money to fuel your mission.

May God give you and your countrymen strength.
Slava Ukraini!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72893 [2]
Send PM
Donate & Join GMAT Club for 24-Hour GMAT Marathon to Help Ukraine! [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
brains wrote:
bb ,

Just wanted to inform you that the donation platform is not supported by Indian Debit or Credit card. May be most of Indian applicants are trying to support but it looks its not supproted.

Thank you. This is a big surprise from PayPal :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have created 7 separate links using our Test Payment System instead that would allow most people to make a contribution:

Donation for $10: https://gmatclub.com/tests-beta/price/s ... uct_id=104
Donation for $25: https://gmatclub.com/tests-beta/price/s ... uct_id=107
Donation for $50: https://gmatclub.com/tests-beta/price/s ... uct_id=105
Donation for $100: https://gmatclub.com/tests-beta/price/s ... uct_id=106
Donation for $250: https://gmatclub.com/tests-beta/price/s ... uct_id=108
Donation for $500: https://gmatclub.com/tests-beta/price/s ... uct_id=109
Donation for $1,000: https://gmatclub.com/tests-beta/price/s ... uct_id=110

Thank you so much everybody!
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6861 [11]
Given Kudos: 500
Kudos
Expert Reply
I cannot imagine what you are going through, bb, having grown up in the heart of this conflict, seeing this senseless destruction. Like Charles, I am an American, but my forebears on my father's side come from Ukraine. My surname even bears the patronymic suffix -uk. I have never known anyone with my last name who was not a direct relative, and most of them still live in Ukraine—or at least they did until maybe a week ago, I have no idea. When news reports reached us last week, my wife said of the Russian invaders, "They're blowing up your people." (I am reminded of my great grandfather, who had a brother, known to me only as Borys. During one conflict or another, he ended up getting sent to Siberia, where he was wiped off the face of the Earth. This aside may be his only memorial.)

You are not alone, bb, Charles, or anyone else directly or indirectly affected by these developments. To pull back my own curtain a bit more, I have lived simply, humbly, at or near the poverty line every year since I graduated from high school. This past year was no exception. I love sharing knowledge, but I hate putting a price on it, so I am a reluctant tutor. But as soon as I saw the above post, my wife and I donated as much as we felt we could.

May we all find peace in one way or another: Ukrainians, Americans, Indians, and yes, Russians. We all share the banner of humanity.

- Andrew
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Wow. Thank you. We just got a $1,000 donation 😱😱😱😱😱🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

THANK YOU! 🤩🤩🤩🤗🤗🤗🤗😍😍😍😍

P.S. We also got a $5 donation - thank you for that!!! Not picky at all. We are at about $1,500 right now - still have a long way to go but that seems in large part due to PayPal limiting donations only to the US so with the new links, I hope we can provide more options for people in other places around the world to support Ukraine's cause.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 48
Send PM
Kudos
War does good for no one. Hope good sense prevail. Hope the violence ends soon. Slava Ukraini!
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1047 [2]
Given Kudos: 630
Schools: Ross '25 (M$)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
Send PM
Kudos
bb
The new link is working perfectly now. I made the donation via the same. Also, I have shared it with my pals, so I am hoping some more help is on its way.
Om Shanti!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Wow. We just got $500 in a single donation - we are at $2,000 now.
👍👍👍
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [2]
Given Kudos: 82
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 360 Q27 V14
GMAT 2: 430 Q30 V20
GMAT 3: 480 Q36 V20
GPA: 3.78
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Kudos
bb
Extremely sad to hear your story.. I really hope that the War Ends tonight, nobody wants to watch innocent people die.

Payment link is working fine...
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [3]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Narenn wrote:
brains and Theredpill, Thanks for reporting. Both options are not working for me either. Please hold on and give us some time as we fix this problem.

Thank you!

brains Theredpill DeusTacitus22

We have also added a Milaap fundraiser link for Indian users who are having issues donating through PayPal. https://milaap.org/fundraisers/support-gmat-club
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72893 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Nikhil wrote:
Narenn wrote:

Thank you!

brains Theredpill DeusTacitus22

We have also added a Milaap fundraiser link for Indian users who are having issues donating through PayPal. https://milaap.org/fundraisers/support-gmat-club

Thank you Nikhil for setting it up so fast!
I would encourage everyone to use the main links in the first post so we channel all funds through one place so it is simpler and faster to tally it up. At the same time, if you are here to help and you are having trouble, please absolutely use this link if you need to.

Thank you everyone! :please: :please: :please:
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72893 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
We have so far raised $3,730 (exact count)

Thank you so much everyone! :please: :please: :please:

Thankyou!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72893 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Goal Fundraising Update:

Our Goal is to Raise $24,000 for Ukraine
Progress as of March 3, 10:15 AM PST:
$4,280
or 17.8%
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72893 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Update:
We have added 1 more charity to the list after an outreach from https://www.savethechildren.org/

P.S. Feel free to donate directly to these organizations or via GMAT Club (we will split 100% of the received funds equally for all of the charities supported). If you do give directly, please let us know how much you have donated, so we can keep track for the $24,000 goal and our non-stop GMAT marathon class on March 11th!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6