Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 02:13 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63676 [39]
Given Kudos: 1774
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63676 [17]

Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32885 [1]
Given Kudos: 4456
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72896 [2]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: GMAT Ninja's 24-Hour Nonstop GMAT Crash Course for Ukraine [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thank you so much Charles for doing this event - this is amazing. I hope you/us/people in Ukraine (and other unsafe parts of the world/everyone survives. This is an amazing fit of self-sacrifice with great usefulness :thumbsup:
I love the Q&A - definitely a good distraction! I am more interested in the food and GMAT-score-enhancing foods ;-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
I hope they keep the recording in youtube with all the links to donate so that even if people miss the deadlines, they can donate post watching the video whenever they do
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [1]
Given Kudos: 180
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V27
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33
Send PM
Kudos
Great effort that the team is determined to put forth to help Ukraine.
I can't even imagine what Ukrainians must be going through. As a Civilian doing something that is so different and something we have never thought in wildest dream. My heart goes out to all the people.

GMATNinja bb This is a great effort by whole GMATClub team benefitting everyone with a session for charity.

I have few questions:

1. Sadly, we all are not as super as Charles to attend 24 hours session. So, will it be there on YT for future references?

2. I see few Quant topics are TBD. Can there be one topic for Nasty word problem. Word Problem that looks like passage, and how to break it systematically?

3. In the other thread I saw educators ready to contribute - Can we have a Quant session Ian and Chetan (If they are Ready). It will be great if even Harry from GMATNinja takes a session.

4. A topic on Mock. How to take, When to take and what to do when 6 Official mock are not enough. How to prepare your own Mock set. - I have seen this discussed. But if you have a slot to discuss this.

I have donated and also ask others to donate for Humanity and all the efforts that the team puts up.
We have 3 more days to go (Depends on your time zone)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1434 [0]
Given Kudos: 582
Send PM
bb GMATNinja
Could you please tell us whether 24-hour nonstop crash-course for Ukraine will be available on the GMAT club youtube channel once the live session is finished?

Some people might not be in the whole session for work and other obligations.

Thanks!
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63676 [3]

Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
sjuniv32 wrote:
bb GMATNinja
Could you please tell us whether 24-hour nonstop crash-course for Ukraine will be available on the GMAT club youtube channel once the live session is finished?

Some people might not be in the whole session for work and other obligations.

Thanks!

randarth wrote:
I hope they keep the recording in youtube with all the links to donate so that even if people miss the deadlines, they can donate post watching the video whenever they do

Anki2609 wrote:

1. Sadly, we all are not as super as Charles to attend 24 hours session. So, will it be there on YT for future references?

Thank you for this question, everybody! Yes, the marathon will be available on YouTube afterwards. We're still working out the details, but in all likelihood, we'll leave the full, unedited video up on YouTube, and then we'll also break them into one-hour chunks by topic and repost those, too. At least the ones that don't involve too much stumbling and slurring.

So don't worry: get some sleep, and you can watch anything you missed later. But feel free to keep the livestream going on your computer while you sleep, just so that I think you're there. ;)
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
Own Kudos [?]: 2769 [4]
Given Kudos: 1510
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Kudos
GMATNinja Loved the FAQs. A few of them literally cracked me up.😛
Excited about the live session. 🤩😎
Might not be there the whole time, but would definitely drop by to cheer you up.😁
Good luck.☺❤

And guys, please donate.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63676 [1]

Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Friends, just a quick note to say that I've updated the schedule in the top post above.

It's very possible that we'll make last-minute changes during the livestream if something weird happens, but this is pretty much the final schedule. If you have specific questions or requests about these topics, just let us know!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Given Kudos: 84
GMAT 1: 550 Q44 V22
Send PM
Kudos
GmatNinja and BB at their best 😊
Donated and looking forward to the marathon.

Hope I atleast survive 18 hours.
It is going to be funnnnnn!

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63676 [1]

Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Chica26 wrote:

Me too! :crazy:
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32885 [0]
Given Kudos: 4456
Send PM
Top Contributor
GMATNinja wrote:
Chica26 wrote:

Me too! :crazy:

You mastered the light side of the force on Tatooine.

You could last well beyond 24 hours.

Will be fine. Your effort is for the right cause: the students who believe in you. Also for the amazing fund-raising for an utterly mad scenario that someone could avoid.............

Keep your own pace.

Will be fine.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 68
Send PM
Kudos
May the force be with you! all the best.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72896 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
We are half way through!

Join us live:

Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6861 [6]
Given Kudos: 500
Kudos
Expert Reply
Charles -

I wanted to thank you personally for putting yourself through so much to help others, both the members of GMAT Club who watched your lessons with great interest and the unseen beneficiaries of the larger donation drive. I will confess that this was my first time watching any of your content. I simply prefer to read instructions or teachings, to be able to skip around according to my own understanding of the content. But from the moment you started the marathon, I was engaged. (I was watching while running, sort of participating in a challenge of my own creation: run without soled shoes for 20K, all while breathing through my nostrils only. My efforts were buoyed by your own, and I made it.) I watched hour after hour, in disbelief that another hour had passed in the middle of every hour on the clock. I even participated in the chat from time to time, as you noted yourself at some point when Ian Stewart and I had an exchange.

From the perspective of a tutor, I can say that I felt validated in many of my own pedagogical techniques when I saw you offering similar advice: I use "housekeeping" for "hygiene," for instance, but the idea is the same, and I also eschew mechanical thinking (although sometimes to a fault in Quant). I got up before 4.00 the next morning because I knew you would still be going, and I stayed with you until I had mere minutes before my first meeting of the day with a client. But that last hour was a treat. No, I do not enjoy watching others suffer, but you seemed to be having so much fun, working through those difficult Quant questions. I think I recognized every one, and I missed the same inequality question some time back for the same reason—I made an assumption. At least you had a legitimate excuse.

I left that marathon lesson feeling inspired, wanting to improve certain aspects of my tutoring, getting back to basics in my practice sets of questions. To be honest, I was in a lull with Quant after hitting a high in December. (I even wrote a post about that triumphant moment when everything had seemed to make sense.) But seeing that you were employing sound logic to work through those difficult questions, even at the end of your tour of duty, I decided to go back to those same GMAT Club Quant questions, new ones, with a different mindset. I stopped thinking about outcomes and just worked from the ground up. So far, I have not missed a single question, even one of those 95-percent-difficulty questions in a set from earlier today. Sometimes I like to say that when I teach, it is as though I have waved a magic wand, and my student is enchanted with pixie dust for a while, feeling as though nothing on the test was insurmountable. I have seen such a marked change in my students before, as I am sure you have in yours. It was a rare opportunity to be on the receiving end, but all I had to do was watch and listen. You are a professional and an expert among peers.

Thank you for being so generous.

- Andrew
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72896 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you so much for everyone who has joined us during the 24-hour non-stop GMAT Class (recording is here if you missed it) with GMATNinja - The man is a legend and absolutely non-stoppable. I wish I could say that was because of his Ukrainian blood (i have a lot more of it and I fell apart on hour 17 :lol:)

At this point, we are really close to our Goal #3 of $45,000. We are at 93%. I will make one last push to get the last 7 percent.
Please note that we will be removing donation links from GMAT Club in the next 12 hours. If you would like to donate - you can still do that directly to the charities supporting refugees. Thank you everyone who has supported this effort - thank you everyone who has shared and posted about this event to their network!

93%
$45,000

Our Goal is to Raise $45,000 for Ukraine
Progress as of March 13, 09:00 PM PST:
$41,908
or 93%

Donation for $10: https://gmatclub.com/tests-beta/price/s ... uct_id=104
Donation for $25: https://gmatclub.com/tests-beta/price/s ... uct_id=107
Donation for $50: https://gmatclub.com/tests-beta/price/s ... uct_id=105
Donation for $100: https://gmatclub.com/tests-beta/price/s ... uct_id=106
Donation for $250: https://gmatclub.com/tests-beta/price/s ... uct_id=108
Donation for $500: https://gmatclub.com/tests-beta/price/s ... uct_id=109
Donation for $1,000: https://gmatclub.com/tests-beta/price/s ... uct_id=110
Director
Director
Affiliations: CFA Institute; ICAI; BCAS
Own Kudos [?]: 554 [0]
Given Kudos: 694
WE 2: EA to CFO (Consumer Products)
GPA: 3.78
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Really appreciate GMATNinja for your valuable time and efforts to conduct the non-stop 24-hour session. This has helped me big time to prepare for my upcoming GMAT exam. I have donated whatever I can even before the session was conducted basis the past Youtube uploaded videos conducted by you. Thank you so much once again.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [2]
Given Kudos: 82
Send PM
Kudos
I have been going over these throughout the weekend, what an amazing series, thanks Charles GMATNinja ... the real treat was to see your parenting skills on 10:38:28 .... so cute!! Love this series ... trying to watch my back! Cheers!
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63676 [0]

Send PM
Expert Reply
IN2MBB2PE wrote:
I have been going over these throughout the weekend, what an amazing series, thanks Charles GMATNinja ... the real treat was to see your parenting skills on 10:38:28 .... so cute!! Love this series ... trying to watch my back! Cheers!

Aw, thank you so much for the kind words, IN2MBB2PE! I'm glad that the marathon is actually useful for somebody. It's all such a blur now, and I'm not convinced that I said anything coherent, especially once we got past hour #3 or so. Maybe I'll watch some of the videos for Halloween next year, since the footage probably resembles a zombie movie. ;)
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2