It is currently 21 Sep 2017, 09:08

Happening Now:

Live Chat with Amy Mitson, Sr. Associate Director of Admissions at Tuck Dartmouth


Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 90

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Top Contributor
Director
Director
User avatar
B
Status: I don't stop when I'm Tired,I stop when I'm done
Joined: 11 May 2014
Posts: 569

Kudos [?]: 2402 [0], given: 220

Location: Bangladesh
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GPA: 2.81
WE: Business Development (Real Estate)
While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 90 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2017, 13:41
Top Contributor
15
This post was
BOOKMARKED
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

  55% (hard)

Question Stats:

60% (02:09) correct 40% (01:28) wrong based on 1042 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

The Official Guide for GMAT Review 2018

Practice Question
Sentence Correction
Question No.: 799

While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 900–400 b.c., waterlogged latex balls found at El Manati and representations of ballplayers painted on ceramics found at San Lorenzo attest to the fact that the Mesoamerican ballgame was well established by the mid-thirteenth century b.c.

(A) waterlogged latex balls found at El Manati and representations of ballplayers painted on ceramics found at San Lorenzo attest
(B) waterlogged latex balls found at El Manati and the painting of representations of ballplayers on ceramics found at San Lorenzo attests
(C) waterlogged latex balls found at El Manati and ceramics painted with representations of ballplayers found at San Lorenzo attests
(D) the finding of waterlogged latex balls at El Manati and the painting of representations of ballplayers on ceramics found at San Lorenzo attests
(E) the finding of waterlogged latex balls at El Manati and of representations of ballplayers painted on ceramics at San Lorenzo attest
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

_________________

Md. Abdur Rakib

Please Press +1 Kudos,If it helps
Sentence Correction-Collection of Ron Purewal's "elliptical construction/analogies" for SC Challenges

Kudos [?]: 2402 [0], given: 220

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
P
Joined: 26 Feb 2016
Posts: 1328

Kudos [?]: 519 [1], given: 16

Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
WE: Sales (Retail)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 90 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2017, 13:59
1
This post received
KUDOS
The sentence is correct as is.
The two items of the list, waterlogged latex balls.... and representations of ballplayers..... Attest(Plural verb)

In Option B,C and D, the singular verb 'attests' makes the answer choices incorrect.

The other option E, which uses plural verb has an imperfect list(items in the list are not grammatically parallel) and has awkward formation.
_________________

Stay hungry, Stay foolish

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Class of 2020: Rotman Thread | Schulich Thread
Class of 2019: Sauder Thread

Kudos [?]: 519 [1], given: 16

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Aug 2015
Posts: 17

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 107

Re: While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 90 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2017, 16:58
pushpitkc wrote:
The sentence is correct as is.
The two items of the list, waterlogged latex balls.... and representations of ballplayers..... Attest(Plural verb)

In Option B,C and D, the singular verb 'attests' makes the answer choices incorrect.

The other option E, which uses plural verb has an imperfect list(items in the list are not grammatically parallel) and has awkward formation.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Actually, option D uses the very correctly, but just is wordy compared to A.
D) the finding of waterlogged latex balls at El Manati and the painting of representations of ballplayers on ceramics found at San Lorenzo attests to the fact....

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 107

Director
Director
avatar
G
Joined: 14 Nov 2014
Posts: 561

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 43

Re: While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 90 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2017, 20:09
iyera211 wrote:
pushpitkc wrote:
The sentence is correct as is.
The two items of the list, waterlogged latex balls.... and representations of ballplayers..... Attest(Plural verb)

In Option B,C and D, the singular verb 'attests' makes the answer choices incorrect.

The other option E, which uses plural verb has an imperfect list(items in the list are not grammatically parallel) and has awkward formation.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Actually, option D uses the very correctly, but just is wordy compared to A.
D) the finding of waterlogged latex balls at El Manati and the painting of representations of ballplayers on ceramics found at San Lorenzo attests to the fact....



yeaah ,
D is wordy and bit awakward ...
Second part of sentence :::The finding of the painting of representations of

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 43

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Mar 2015
Posts: 56

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 23

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Re: While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 90 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2017, 20:20
AbdurRakib wrote:
While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 900–400 b.c., waterlogged latex balls found at El Manati and representations of ballplayers painted on ceramics found at San Lorenzo attest to the fact that the Mesoamerican ballgame was well established by the mid-thirteenth century b.c.

A. waterlogged latex balls found at El Manati and representations of ballplayers painted on ceramics found at San Lorenzo attest
B. waterlogged latex balls found at El Manati and the painting of representations of ballplayers on ceramics found at San Lorenzo attests
C. waterlogged latex balls found at El Manati and ceramics painted with representations of ballplayers found at San Lorenzo attests
D. the finding of waterlogged latex balls at El Manati and the painting of representations of ballplayers on ceramics found at San Lorenzo attests
E. the finding of waterlogged latex balls at El Manati and of representations of ballplayers painted on ceramics at San Lorenzo attest


The Official Guide for GMAT Review 2018

Practice Question
Sentence Correction
Question No.: 799



====================

Thats a fun question but can you tell me from where you buy The Official Guide for GMAT Review 2018 as I am not finding it anywhere...
This reply is not for kudos. :lol: :evil:

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 23

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Mar 2015
Posts: 56

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 23

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Re: While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 90 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2017, 20:31
iyera211 wrote:
pushpitkc wrote:
The sentence is correct as is.
The two items of the list, waterlogged latex balls.... and representations of ballplayers..... Attest(Plural verb)

In Option B,C and D, the singular verb 'attests' makes the answer choices incorrect.

The other option E, which uses plural verb has an imperfect list(items in the list are not grammatically parallel) and has awkward formation.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Actually, option D uses the very correctly, but just is wordy compared to A.
D) the finding of waterlogged latex balls at El Manati and the painting of representations of ballplayers on ceramics found at San Lorenzo attests to the fact....



=====================

your observation is correct but if it comes to GMAT, it prefers short and concise meaning and here if we eliminate "the finding of" and "the painting of", its still convey the intended meaning.

Hope I cleared something here..

:)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 23

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Aug 2015
Posts: 119

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 24

Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
Re: While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 90 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2017, 20:25
Between A and E, I chose E.
Can someone please explain why E is wrong? Is it just because of concision?
I did not fully understood that in E, two phrases are not grammatically parallel as mentioned by @pusphitkc

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 24

Expert Post
4 KUDOS received
e-GMAT Representative
User avatar
S
Joined: 02 Nov 2011
Posts: 2231

Kudos [?]: 8796 [4], given: 328

Re: While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 90 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2017, 06:06
4
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
2
This post was
BOOKMARKED
dabhishek87 wrote:
Between A and E, I chose E.
Can someone please explain why E is wrong? Is it just because of concision?
I did not fully understood that in E, two phrases are not grammatically parallel as mentioned by @pusphitkc




Hello dabhishek87,


I would be glad to help you with your query. :)

Let me bring in Choice E here: the finding of waterlogged latex balls at El Manati and of representations of ballplayers painted on ceramics at San Lorenzo attest

Let's first take a look at the parallel list per Choice E: the finding

    of waterlogged latex balls at El Manati and
    of representations of ballplayers painted on ceramics at San Lorenzo

Alright, so now the subject of the main clause is the singular noun the finding that has plural verb attest. So we definitely have the subject-verb number agreement error in this choice.

IMHO, the list is grammatical.


Hope this helps. :-)
Thanks.
Shraddha
_________________












| '4 out of Top 5' Instructors on gmatclub | 70 point improvement guarantee | www.e-gmat.com

Kudos [?]: 8796 [4], given: 328

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 19 Oct 2012
Posts: 319

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 87

Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.81
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
CAT Tests
Re: While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 90 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2017, 08:32
Eliminating option D took a while. Besides D being wordier than A, is there any thing else in D which renders it incorrect?
_________________

Citius, Altius, Fortius

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 87

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
User avatar
G
Status: GMAT and GRE tutor
Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Posts: 939

Kudos [?]: 1341 [1], given: 366

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Re: While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 90 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2017, 18:02
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hm, they found waterlogged latex balls in Mesoamerica from 900-400 b.c.?!? Wow, the 2018 OG is more interesting than I expected. (My copy of it is looking at me right now. I've barely had time to open it. :( )

TheMechanic wrote:
Eliminating option D took a while. Besides D being wordier than A, is there any thing else in D which renders it incorrect?

I think we could also argue that (D) doesn't really convey the meaning of the sentence as clearly as (A). In each answer choice, what is it that "attests to the fact that the Mesoamerican ballgame was well established..."? In (A), it's the waterlogged balls themselves and the representations of the ballplayers that give us information about the ballgame -- and that makes a lot of sense. In (D), it's "the finding" (of the balls) and "the painting" (of the representations) that tells us about the history of the ballgame -- and that makes much less sense to me.

I'm not 100% sure that (D) would be absolutely wrong in isolation, but it conveys the meaning much less clearly than (A).

I hope this helps!
_________________

www.gmatninja.com + GMAT blog + food blog + I'm really bad at PMs

Want expert SC and CR explanations? Check out our verbal Question of the Day! All of them are available here.

Need an expert reply? Hit the request verbal experts' reply button -- and then please be specific about your question for us. Feel free to tag @GMATNinja and @GMATNinjaTwo in your post.

Verbal Experts' Topics of the Week:
All Topics of the Week | Ultimate RC Guide for Beginners | Ultimate CR Guide for Beginners | Ultimate SC Guide for Beginners | 7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99... in any section order | How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

YouTube verbal webinars: "Next-level" GMAT pronouns | Uses of "that" on the GMAT

Kudos [?]: 1341 [1], given: 366

VP
VP
User avatar
G
Status: Learning
Joined: 20 Dec 2015
Posts: 1024

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 498

Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V36
GRE 1: 314 Q157 V157
GPA: 3.4
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Re: While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 90 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2017, 00:26
Imo A
It has all the correct modifiers and intended meaning is conveyed .

I have question regarding option Should the finding in D be plural as there two things that were found out .

Sent from my ONE E1003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
_________________

We are more often frightened than hurt; and we suffer more from imagination than from reality

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 498

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 04 Sep 2016
Posts: 262

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 162

Location: India
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 90 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2017, 01:59
GMATNinja wrote:
Hm, they found waterlogged latex balls in Mesoamerica from 900-400 b.c.?!? Wow, the 2018 OG is more interesting than I expected. (My copy of it is looking at me right now. I've barely had time to open it. :( )

TheMechanic wrote:
Eliminating option D took a while. Besides D being wordier than A, is there any thing else in D which renders it incorrect?

I think we could also argue that (D) doesn't really convey the meaning of the sentence as clearly as (A). In each answer choice, what is it that "attests to the fact that the Mesoamerican ballgame was well established..."? In (A), it's the waterlogged balls themselves and the representations of the ballplayers that give us information about the ballgame -- and that makes a lot of sense. In (D), it's "the finding" (of the balls) and "the painting" (of the representations) that tells us about the history of the ballgame -- and that makes much less sense to me.

I'm not 100% sure that (D) would be absolutely wrong in isolation, but it conveys the meaning much less clearly than (A).

I hope this helps!


Hi GMATNinja,
My query is regarding option D.
Does not attest means : to provide evidence of .. ?
As per my understanding, findings make more sense than waterlogged balls.
Can you please elaborate what I missed?
WR,
Arpit.
_________________

Press kudos if you liked this post

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 162

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 24 May 2017
Posts: 73

Kudos [?]: 7 [1], given: 1

Re: While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 90 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2017, 01:52
1
This post received
KUDOS
While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 900–400 b.c., waterlogged latex balls found at El Manati and representations of ballplayers painted on ceramics found at San Lorenzo attest to the fact that the Mesoamerican ballgame was well established by the mid-thirteenth century b.c.

(A) waterlogged latex balls found at El Manati and representations of ballplayers painted on ceramics found at San Lorenzo attest
(B) waterlogged latex balls found at El Manati and the painting of representations of ballplayers on ceramics found at San Lorenzo attests
(C) waterlogged latex balls found at El Manati and ceramics painted with representations of ballplayers found at San Lorenzo attests
(D) the finding of waterlogged latex balls at El Manati and the painting of representations of ballplayers on ceramics found at San Lorenzo attests
(E) the finding of waterlogged latex balls at El Manati and of representations of ballplayers painted on ceramics at San Lorenzo attest

B, C, D -> out as "attests" does not work with plural subjects "waterlogged latex.." + "ceramics painted..."
E -> eliminated because "attest" does not work with subject "finding"
A -> therefore is CORRECT

_________________

NOTE: I am not an expert, therefore my analysis answering the questions may be incorrect and may not be relied upon. However I will appreciate if you can correct the mistakes I may have made in my analysis.

Kudos [?]: 7 [1], given: 1

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
User avatar
G
Status: GMAT and GRE tutor
Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Posts: 939

Kudos [?]: 1341 [1], given: 366

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Re: While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 90 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2017, 20:13
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
adkikani wrote:
Hi GMATNinja,
My query is regarding option D.
Does not attest means : to provide evidence of .. ?
As per my understanding, findings make more sense than waterlogged balls.
Can you please elaborate what I missed?
WR,
Arpit.


I'd still argue that the "balls... and representations of players" are much better evidence for "the fact that the Mesoamerican ballgame was well established" than "the finding of balls..." and "the painting of representations..." It's the balls and representations that provide the actual evidence -- not the fact that they were found and painted.

But you know what? I also made (D) much harder than it needed to be! As Sahil01 pointed out, "the finding... and the painting... attests" is totally wrong in (D). So I'd argue that my rant about meaning is still correct... but it's an unnecessarily painful and inefficient way to eliminate (D). Oops.

-10 kudos points for me!
_________________

www.gmatninja.com + GMAT blog + food blog + I'm really bad at PMs

Want expert SC and CR explanations? Check out our verbal Question of the Day! All of them are available here.

Need an expert reply? Hit the request verbal experts' reply button -- and then please be specific about your question for us. Feel free to tag @GMATNinja and @GMATNinjaTwo in your post.

Verbal Experts' Topics of the Week:
All Topics of the Week | Ultimate RC Guide for Beginners | Ultimate CR Guide for Beginners | Ultimate SC Guide for Beginners | 7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99... in any section order | How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

YouTube verbal webinars: "Next-level" GMAT pronouns | Uses of "that" on the GMAT

Kudos [?]: 1341 [1], given: 366

Top Contributor
1 KUDOS received
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Posts: 3348

Kudos [?]: 8739 [1], given: 1138

Re: While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 90 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2017, 02:10
1
This post received
KUDOS
Top Contributor
Gmat is a test for managers (or future managers), in which you have to use logic and leverage your time at the best and in the most efficient way.

Conclusion: why you must spend millions of years to eviscerate a question, in which using the split singular/plural you boil down the answer choices between A and E, and as a consequence E is really bad, and from this A is the best. All this process in 25 seconds and move one the next question and level of difficulty...

This is the meaning of the test indeed. Keep in mind.

GMATNinja I am ready being stoned to death for what I said ...... :roll: :roll:
_________________

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS AND RESOURCES
Quant: 1. ALL GMATPrep questions Quant/Verbal 2. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 3. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 4. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version 5. MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Quant Videos
Verbal:1. Verbal question bank and directories by Carcass 2. MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Verbal Videos 3. Critical Reasoning_Oldy but goldy question banks 4. Sentence Correction_Oldy but goldy question banks 5. Reading-comprehension_Oldy but goldy question banks

Kudos [?]: 8739 [1], given: 1138

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jan 2016
Posts: 51

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 10

Re: While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 90 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2017, 03:20
Though I understand A is right - Is the representations the object or the ceramics ??

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 10

Expert Post
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
User avatar
G
Status: GMAT and GRE tutor
Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Posts: 939

Kudos [?]: 1341 [0], given: 366

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Re: While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 90 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2017, 12:32
carcass wrote:
Gmat is a test for managers (or future managers), in which you have to use logic and leverage your time at the best and in the most efficient way.

Conclusion: why you must spend millions of years to eviscerate a question, in which using the split singular/plural you boil down the answer choices between A and E, and as a consequence E is really bad, and from this A is the best. All this process in 25 seconds and move one the next question and level of difficulty...

This is the meaning of the test indeed. Keep in mind.

GMATNinja I am ready being stoned to death for what I said ...... :roll: :roll:


Lol, I'm staying out of this! ;)
_________________

www.gmatninja.com + GMAT blog + food blog + I'm really bad at PMs

Want expert SC and CR explanations? Check out our verbal Question of the Day! All of them are available here.

Need an expert reply? Hit the request verbal experts' reply button -- and then please be specific about your question for us. Feel free to tag @GMATNinja and @GMATNinjaTwo in your post.

Verbal Experts' Topics of the Week:
All Topics of the Week | Ultimate RC Guide for Beginners | Ultimate CR Guide for Beginners | Ultimate SC Guide for Beginners | 7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99... in any section order | How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

YouTube verbal webinars: "Next-level" GMAT pronouns | Uses of "that" on the GMAT

Kudos [?]: 1341 [0], given: 366

Director
Director
avatar
G
Joined: 02 Sep 2016
Posts: 765

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 259

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 90 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2017, 10:37
While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 900–400 b.c., waterlogged latex balls found at El Manati and representations of ballplayers painted on ceramics found at San Lorenzo attest to the fact that the Mesoamerican ballgame was well established by the mid-thirteenth century b.c.

1) While is followed by earliest known ball courts, therefore waterlogged latex balls must follow comma. (options D and E are out).
2) and always makes a compound subject and hence plural verb 'attest' is correct.
(options B and C are out).

So A is the answer.

(A) waterlogged latex balls found at El Manati and representations of ballplayers painted on ceramics found at San Lorenzo attest
(B) waterlogged latex balls found at El Manati and the painting of representations of ballplayers on ceramics found at San Lorenzo attests
(C) waterlogged latex balls found at El Manati and ceramics painted with representations of ballplayers found at San Lorenzo attests
(D) the finding of waterlogged latex balls at El Manati and the painting of representations of ballplayers on ceramics found at San Lorenzo attests
(E) the finding of waterlogged latex balls at El Manati and of representations of ballplayers painted on ceramics at San Lorenzo attest
_________________

Help me make my explanation better by providing a logical feedback.

If you liked the post, HIT KUDOS !!

Don't quit.............Do it.

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 259

Director
Director
avatar
G
Joined: 02 Sep 2016
Posts: 765

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 259

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 90 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2017, 10:39
Hello GMATNinja and @e-gmat

If the verb in both these options was 'attest', then which option would be correct?

(B) waterlogged latex balls found at El Manati and the painting of representations of ballplayers on ceramics found at San Lorenzo attests
(C) waterlogged latex balls found at El Manati and ceramics painted with representations of ballplayers found at San Lorenzo attests
_________________

Help me make my explanation better by providing a logical feedback.

If you liked the post, HIT KUDOS !!

Don't quit.............Do it.

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 259

Director
Director
avatar
G
Joined: 02 Sep 2016
Posts: 765

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 259

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 90 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2017, 10:40
Hello @GMATNinja

I have written my doubt in the above post and quoted you as well.
Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks
_________________

Help me make my explanation better by providing a logical feedback.

If you liked the post, HIT KUDOS !!

Don't quit.............Do it.

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 259

Re: While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 90   [#permalink] 09 Jul 2017, 10:40

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 27 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
132 EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC The most widely known images of Yosemite National Park Dmitriy 27 22 Jul 2017, 19:33
While most educators believe that the SAT is elegantm 5 16 Jul 2017, 05:37
31 EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC One of the earliest known birds with a beak and contour feathers, Conf sondenso 35 09 Sep 2017, 11:53
2 In the most bizarre court case this month, zrezre 3 14 Aug 2017, 11:57
112 EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC Many of the earliest known images of Hindu deities in India date from iDisappear 41 05 Sep 2017, 15:07
Display posts from previous: Sort by

While most of the earliest known ball courts in Mesoamerica date to 90

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.