Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:58 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [540]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Send PM
Re: MBA Rankings: All 2024 Rankings [#permalink]
Expert Reply
SushilSingh wrote:
Why IIMs missing from above list. Is they performing so bad?

IIM Ahmedabad is ranked 30th and IIM Bangalore is ranked 36th by Financial Times 2014, which is not included in the ranking charts in the first post. The reason is FT, unlike all others, does not publish separate rankings for International schools.

Also any of IIM-A, IIM-B, and ISB, is not in the rankings of BW and Forbes.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 557 [0]
Given Kudos: 242
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V34
Send PM
If possible in future we should have ranking for different countries.
I mean FT already has "global MBA ranking". We can have that list here and have an option to sort by country.

Anyways, great efforts so far :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Send PM
It's nice seeing higher acceptance rates (50%+) for some of the top 50 schools...gives me hope with a low UGPA and a GMAT score I have yet to receive!
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply

!
The ranking charts attached below are older. Visit first post to download updated ranking charts

hakoonamatata wrote:
Narenn : Thanks a lot for the consolidated rankings. Is there a way to download this in excel?

Thanks!! Here are the ranking tables in excel format for downloading.

Attachment:
US Full Time.xlsx [22.6 KiB]
Downloaded 113 times

Attachment:
US Part Time.xlsx [12.3 KiB]
Downloaded 64 times

Attachment:
US EMBA.xlsx [10.44 KiB]
Downloaded 60 times
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Here are Forbes' Top 10 International one year Program

Attachment:
Forbes Top International One year MBA Program.png
Forbes Top International One year MBA Program.png [ 18.92 KiB | Viewed 7419 times ]

Some useful info about US One year MBA programs from MBAcrystalball
https://www.mbacrystalball.com/blog/2012 ... ba-in-usa/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Just wanted to throw this into the ring: a crowdsourced GMATClub ranking for the top MBAs:

Voting: https://www.allourideas.org/topmbarankings
Results: https://www.allourideas.org/topmbarankings/results

Who knows? Maybe we'll see this up alongside the other rankings on the front page one day :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT Date: 12-26-2014
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Pandarion wrote:
New 2014 BusinessWeek Rankings are out! Please update the list accordingly!

https://www.businessweek.com/bschools/rankings

So I was just reading through this ranking. Could someone help me with this: What is the deal with this ranking? In all other rankings (Economist, FT, USNews), the ranking are more or less similar, probably just a change of +/- 1-2 places here and there. But how do Bloomberg rankings have such huge changes for the B School? Why is that?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
coolredwine wrote:
Pandarion wrote:
New 2014 BusinessWeek Rankings are out! Please update the list accordingly!

https://www.businessweek.com/bschools/rankings

So I was just reading through this ranking. Could someone help me with this: What is the deal with this ranking? In all other rankings (Economist, FT, USNews), the ranking are more or less similar, probably just a change of +/- 1-2 places here and there. But how do Bloomberg rankings have such huge changes for the B School? Why is that?

The methodology is quite different. You can find a number of articles which discuss it.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ross '16
Send PM
Between the rankings from USN, BW, Forbes, FT, and QS; is there an "official" Top 10 MBA program? The top 5-7 is usually consistent but the rest differs with different rankings. Top 8-10 ranges from Michigan, Duke, NYU, Cornell, Berkeley, and Yale rounding off the top 10.

So are all these considered "top 10"?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the reply but the Crowdsourced MBA ranking doesn't hold any weight in my book. I went to the webpage and took a look at the survey. The survey wasn't completed by 20K people but on 20K votes. In the time I took to take the survey, I think I casted over 50+ votes.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
OpsMBA wrote:
Thanks for the reply but the Crowdsourced MBA ranking doesn't hold any weight in my book. I went to the webpage and took a look at the survey. The survey wasn't completed by 20K people but on 20K votes. In the time I took to take the survey, I think I casted over 50+ votes.

Survey or no, there is no "official" ranking. The list still holds.

There's Harvard and Stanford.
Then there's the rest of the M7... Wharton, Columbia, Booth, Kellogg, Sloan
Then there's the best of the rest... Haas, Tuck, Duke, Ross, Darden, Johnson

At the end of the day, you should figure out what you want to do and find the schools that fit best for you and gives you the best shot.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
QiuYidio wrote:
OpsMBA wrote:

Survey or no, there is no "official" ranking. The list still holds.

There's Harvard and Stanford.
Then there's the rest of the M7... Wharton, Columbia, Booth, Kellogg, Sloan
Then there's the best of the rest... Haas, Tuck, Duke, Ross, Darden, Johnson

At the end of the day, you should figure out what you want to do and find the schools that fit best for you and gives you the best shot.

This, I think, is the gist of entire discussion. Rankings should be taken with a pinch of salt and one should really target the schools according to his/her profile and future goals. e.g. Check out this applicant; He had been admitted to both Wharton(with $$) and INSEAD but chose Insead over Wharton because of personal preferences. abhisheksahay
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I completely agree with your statement "At the end of the day, you should figure out what you want to do and find the schools that fit best for you and gives you the best shot."

Thanks!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 122 [0]
Given Kudos: 546
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT Date: 03-18-2015
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Send PM
unemployedmba123 wrote:
it's from unemployed MBA graduate. I may sound bitter but potential students must beware of the ranking system.my MBA school always ranked high in ASEAN region under FT and stated 98% employed within 3 month of graduation. Yes our formal (convocation) is in august, but our courses completion is on december every year. That's 11 months unemployment!! i prefer the economist survey method than FT. FT just took the data the schools provided from school website (or what I was told so) but economist really sent their surveys to the students and alumni. My school decided not to publish the economist rank since 201x because the students and our alumni put a very low ranking during their recent survey. I suggest choose schools that rank consistently across the economist and FT. whichever schools that are high in FT, and low or disappear in the economist are suspects. My careers service focuses on "helping" the employers by profiling the students resume, meaning that you can "dream" on careers switch, but they will only "promote" certain individuals they like to the employers. This is as value add services to the employer (not for the students). Student fees are only to pay for their career "tuition" fee, not to help students to find jobs (really new jargon to me). Still unemployed for 4 months and was told by the career services that they will help to find out why I am so "unsuccessful". cheers (MBA graduate from the best business school in ASEAN).

Thanks painful brother. I hope you find a job soon. But which could be the best Asian business school? I can only think of CEIBS, HKUST, National University of Singapore (NUS) and INSEAD Singapore campus, cant think of any other as the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
i once asked the career service on why their services doesn't stand on students side instead of standing on employers side. the students pay the students fee anyway and with so many students complaint for the past few years, it is understandable the students give low ranking to the MBA program whenever survey is done. the reply was "the students shouldn't give low ranking on the school on the survey because that will impact their career search". So it's fine for the school not performing but not Ok for students to give honest assessments.

To brainfrog: In this case I can't reveal which school I came from but I hope this help for future students in deciding their school of choice. On the other hand I must say your guess is somewhere there.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I strongly believe that whichever article claimed to rank the school should come forward with their methodologies, not just plucking numbers from the school website and crunch them accordingly. So far I have never received anything surveys except from the economist. I suppose students and alumni should be surveyed to gauge for the fairness. In corporate world, which companies will tell the world that their numbers are bad and appear dysfunctional? you will probably go to their customers to ask for their products qualities and if you will buy again. ok enough sob story, gotta go back to look for job now.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello Fellas,

We have updated all rankings charts with latest US News Rankings. We have also included a separate chart showing top US MBA programs as per MBA specialization. You can also download all the ranking charts; see the attachment in main post.

US News 2015 Rankings: Top Gainers and Losers

Full Time Top gainers
  • Manderson-Alabama (+16)
  • Wake Forest (+13)
  • Rutgers (+12)
  • Texas A&M (+10)
  • Iowa State (+10)
  • Tippie-Iowa (+8)
  • Temple-Fox (+7)
  • Cox (+7)
  • Baylor-Hankamer (+7)
  • George Washington (+7)