Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 12:45 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 301 [23]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [6]
Given Kudos: 264
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72902 [1]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: GMAT Club MBA Rankings 2022 [#permalink]
Interesting ranking, though I would rate all schools ranked 29 and below as the same. Would be hard to think that Carlson/Smeal are any better than Mendoza/Fisher.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72902 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
chiefinance wrote:
Interesting ranking, though I would rate all schools ranked 29 and below as the same. Would be hard to think that Carlson/Smeal are any better than Mendoza/Fisher.

I frankly don't know how to rank those schools either. Things blend in.
When I am looking for a quick and dirty comparison - e.g. LBS vs. Ross, I look at their GMAT scores for the incoming class and sometimes Work Experience (WE), % of international students and if available Yield rate to get a sense of how many people are applying and choosing to go there as well as what kind of caliber of people is applying. The reason I look at WE, % international is to get a sense if they are boosting their stats with scholarships and getting younger folks with higher GMAT scores... Anyway, that's my quick and dirty trick. Maybe we can use it for the International rankings!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Yeah. All rankings have their own biases or nuances. It seems GClub's criteria was quite stringent and unique cos I just noticed that Olin (WUSTL) and Mays (Texas A&M) did not make your Top 40.

bb wrote:
chiefinance wrote:

I frankly don't know how to rank those schools either. Things blend in.
When I am looking for a quick and dirty comparison - e.g. LBS vs. Ross, I look at their GMAT scores for the incoming class and sometimes Work Experience (WE), % of international students and if available Yield rate to get a sense of how many people are applying and choosing to go there as well as what kind of caliber of people is applying. The reason I look at WE, % international is to get a sense if they are boosting their stats with scholarships and getting younger folks with higher GMAT scores... Anyway, that's my quick and dirty trick. Maybe we can use it for the International rankings!
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 301 [0]
Send PM
bb wrote:
RakshithTN wrote:
Would love to see the rankings of B-schools outside the US as well.

Agreed! It would be awesome to have some kind of a reliable comparison between the US and International schools!

Regenerate... what's your thinking? Should we send out info request forms to schools outside of the US? or can we maybe even gather this data on our own? :)

My strong suspicion is that the data available across countries will vary GREATLY and it will be nearly impossible to have a data set that simultaneously allows for (i) consistency from one country to the next and (ii) robust, multi-factor ranking.

IF (and that's a big 'if') it's going to work, IMO, the only way would be to start with schools from a single country to see what sorts of raw data we can EASILY (and inexpensively) gather and see how similar that data set is to the data we can EASILY (and inexpensively) gather on US schools.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 301 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
chiefinance wrote:

One of the interesting things about these sorts of rankings is the IMMENSE impact the size of the universe has on the actual rankings of the top performers.

For example --- ranking (say) the top 100 schools as a group, and then slicing off the top 40 would result in different slotting (plus a few schools in this top 40 would be replaced by others) ... similarly ... if ranking the top 100 schools, slicing off the top 60 would result in a very different ordering than if the entire group of 100 schools would have been left alone.

So, to follow-up on this, the top 15 schools are in a very different class than those below the top 15 ... HOWEVER ... if the only schools used in the ranking were the top 15 schools, their ordering would be different than they are here.

I'd rather be generally right than precisely wrong ... which is why I've represented the rankings like I have ... with gaps of varying sizes depending on the gaps in the points (0 - 100) from one school to the next.

Thanks for sharing the observation!
Masters of Science Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [1]
Given Kudos: 113
Send PM
Kudos
I was confused by the +3 or -1 when looking at the rankings. Took me a minute to figure out what was going on. Usually when schools move up, they are denoted with a + and when moving down a -…right?

Posted from my mobile device
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
Kudos
FinanceMan wrote:
I was confused by the +3 or -1 when looking at the rankings. Took me a minute to figure out what was going on. Usually when schools move up, they are denoted with a + and when moving down a -…right?

THANK YOU!!

bb had a different idea ... so ... his forum ... his preferences won out. :)
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Send PM
Haha! I understand completely! I am genuinely curious what his idea is with it though? Tough to follow unless a +3 means (3) schools moved above them and a -1 means that school moved ahead of (1) school?

Regenerate wrote:
FinanceMan wrote:

THANK YOU!!

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72902 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Totally on me. It was totally me and my dyslexic mind. I figured when the school was moving from fifth spot into the first spot it was moving by -4 points but I can totally see how it’s moving up by 4 points. (Even though in my defense it is moving down on a reverse scale)

I would like to follow the consensus. Is the consensus that moving from fifth spot to the fourth spot should be +4?

It is super easy to change :-)

FinanceMan wrote:
Haha! I understand completely! I am genuinely curious what his idea is with it though? Tough to follow unless a +3 means (3) schools moved above them and a -1 means that school moved ahead of (1) school?

Regenerate wrote:
FinanceMan wrote:

THANK YOU!!

Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Send PM
If going from the 5th spot to the 4th spot, it would be a +1 because the school moved up 1 spot in the rankings. If they went from 10th to 12th, it would be a -2 because they are moving down 2 spots.

bb wrote:
Totally on me. It was totally me and my dyslexic mind. I figured when the school was moving from fifth spot into the first spot it was moving by -4 points but I can totally see how it’s moving up by 4 points. (Even though in my defense it is moving down on a reverse scale)

I would like to follow the consensus. Is the consensus that moving from fifth spot to the fourth spot should be +4?

It is super easy to change :-)

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I have officially bowed to the pressure and changed the + and - signs :lol:
Thank you for the suggestion! Let me know if anything else :angel:

FinanceMan wrote:
If going from the 5th spot to the 4th spot, it would be a +1 because the school moved up 1 spot in the rankings. If they went from 10th to 12th, it would be a -2 because they are moving down 2 spots.

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [1]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Kudos
Ah, seems like this gem of a thread hasn't got the attention it deserves. I just found out about it after bb updated last year's thread.

I was curious (and possibly over-optimistic) to find out if the suggestion I made last year - about including career change as one of the parameters - found its way into the new ranking.

None of the other rankings by leading publications have it either.

I guess we'll have to wait for bschools to become more transparent about sharing this crucial data publicly, as career change continues to figure among the top reasons (higher than salary) cited by a significant number of applicants who work with us.

Nevertheless, excellent work in putting this together Regenerate and Team GC!
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
Kudos
MBACrystalBall wrote:
Ah, seems like this gem of a thread hasn't got the attention it deserves. I just found out about it after bb updated last year's thread.

I was curious (and possibly over-optimistic) to find out if the suggestion I made last year - about including career change as one of the parameters - found its way into the new ranking.

None of the other rankings by leading publications have it either.

I guess we'll have to wait for bschools to become more transparent about sharing this crucial data publicly, as career change continues to figure among the top reasons (higher than salary) cited by a significant number of applicants who work with us.

Nevertheless, excellent work in putting this together Regenerate and Team GC!

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions -- again, 99.9% of the features we'd like to add we cannot due to data sufficiency issues ... or ... the cost of acquiring the data ... or ... the time it'd take to build a model.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
bansalkashis14 wrote:
Are the FT mba rankings reliable??
Many colleges don't deserve that ranking

Nope... they are not unfortunately due to the methodology and lack of transparency from many international schools.
There are no great international rankings unfortunately so you have to sort of gauge it by popularity and class profile - average GMAT score type of thing, number of students in the class are the most reliable methods. Using employment report can be tricky since they don't cover 100% of graduates and only the ones who are reporting jobs, so obviously those who are unemployed would not be reporting jobs... :shock:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GRE 1: Q169 V169
Send PM
Interesting ranking! I am genuinely curious what his idea is with it though?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
abramsjey34 wrote:
Interesting ranking! I am genuinely curious what his idea is with it though?

Did you read the text that accompanies the tables / charts?

BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
LauraPern wrote:
Thank you

You're welcome!

GMAT Club Bot