Last visit was: 11 May 2024, 01:13 It is currently 11 May 2024, 01:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GRE 1: Q760 V670
GPA: 3.47
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GPA: 3.51
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
rjdunn03 wrote:
Just got a call from the admissions office, they are increasing my scholarship amount. What a pleasant surprise!

that's an unusually awesome call.. you had 5k/yr before. what'd they up it to? is 10k/year their max?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
old1442 wrote:
rjdunn03 wrote:
Just got a call from the admissions office, they are increasing my scholarship amount. What a pleasant surprise!

that's an unusually awesome call.. you had 5k/yr before. what'd they up it to? is 10k/year their max?

Yes it was 5k per year plus since I am out of state I got the out of state waiver. They upped it to 10k per year plus the waiver. So it will save me about 25k per year. I wasn't expecting that call.

Looking at the website I think you're right that 10k is the max at least for the general merit scholarships. They might give more for consortium/forte, not sure since I wouldn't qualify for those.

Originally posted by rjkaufman21 on 14 Mar 2013, 14:30.
Last edited by rjkaufman21 on 14 Mar 2013, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.02
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
I got the same call. They are doubling my scholarship as well. Pretty exciting afternoon.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Chateau16 wrote:
I got the same call. They are doubling my scholarship as well. Pretty exciting afternoon.

yea.. im still surprised that they cap it at 10k/yr.. its not much compared to other schools top offering even w/ state tuition.. and ut has a decent endowment
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
I just received the same scholarship and waiver call. Very nice surprise.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
llapin wrote:

Very nice congrats. I saw you got into Ross with a scholarship as well. Are you leaning one way or the other?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
rjdunn03 wrote:
llapin wrote:

Very nice congrats. I saw you got into Ross with a scholarship as well. Are you leaning one way or the other?

Thank you! Counting my blessings this week. I'm unfortunately not going to be able to attend Go Blue Rendezvous because I have my college 5-year reunion that weekend, but I'm definitely planning on making it to McComb's Preview Weekend. Basically, I'm trying to stay as open-minded as possible until then.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
What are my chances of being accepted if i haven't been invited to interview?

I'm an international applicant, Venezuela.

Thanks guys!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: Sustainability, Operations
WE:Editorial and Writing (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Congrats to those with raised scholarships!

Just out of curiousity -- had any of you accepted your offers yet or paid your deposits yet? My hunch is no and that this was them sweetening the pot? Or had any of you nudged them at all about the scholarships?

I wonder what this means about the larger admissions picture -- more people declining R2 offers? Fewer R3 admits? Pushing for a bigger yield overall? Very interesting in any case.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I got to attend the Faculty Speaker Series this week with Dr. Hasler and part of the presentation was introducing the new MS in Business Analytics program McCombs is doing. I am curious if anyone on here has applied to the inaugural class this fall. I know someone that I want to recommend it to and I am hoping someone can talk their experience in the admissions process thus far.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Gorgasali wrote:
Congrats to those with raised scholarships!

Just out of curiousity -- had any of you accepted your offers yet or paid your deposits yet? My hunch is no and that this was them sweetening the pot? Or had any of you nudged them at all about the scholarships?

I wonder what this means about the larger admissions picture -- more people declining R2 offers? Fewer R3 admits? Pushing for a bigger yield overall? Very interesting in any case.

Hey thanks! I haven't paid my deposit or accepted the offer yet. I hadn't contacted them about anything either. Since we have until mid April to accept I've just been sitting on the offer until I hear back from a couple other schools.

The scholarship is definitely making me lean towards McCombs but I'm going to wait until I know what all of my options are. If I get into another school I'll probably make the final decision after preview weekend.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 797 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
@R1 & R2 applicants - Are the decisions announced only on the Decision notification Deadline or can I expect them to announce the decisions earlier?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aalriy wrote:
@R1 & R2 applicants - Are the decisions announced only on the Decision notification Deadline or can I expect them to announce the decisions earlier?

You can go back in the thread to see the exact timing but for R1 it was I think a week early and for R2 it was Tuesday afternoon/evening ahead of a Friday notification date.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
I am an R2 applicant (admitted 2/13). I received the scholarship call yesterday too (3/14). It's 10k/year for 2 years. Neither the phone call nor the letter mentioned out-of-state tuition waive. Do those of you who got the same call receive out-of-state tuition waive in addition to the scholarship? Does the letter clearly state this?
Anyways, a big surprise and I am really happy. Best wishes to all those are still waiting for the results.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ygyh wrote:
I am an R2 applicant (admitted 2/13). I received the scholarship call yesterday too (3/14). It's 10k/year for 2 years. Neither the phone call nor the letter mentioned out-of-state tuition waive. Do those of you who got the same call receive out-of-state tuition waive in addition to the scholarship? Does the letter clearly state this?
Anyways, a big surprise and I am really happy. Best wishes to all those are still waiting for the results.

I'm pretty sure anyone who received money also got the waiver. you can call them to double check - i may be wrong
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
ygyh wrote:

Congrats on the scholarship. My e-mail explicitly mentions the out of state waiver. Here is what it says:
Quote:
Greetings from the McCombs School of Business. We are excited to offer you an increased Admissions Recruiting Scholarship. Your new scholarship offer is $10,000 plus and an Out-State Tuition Waiver (worth approximately $15,000 per year). This is a merit based scholarship (worth approximately $25,000 for your first year in the MBA program) given to applicants with strong academic backgrounds, solid career experience and demonstrated leadership and involvement. We view you as a candidate who embodies the values of the McCombs community and believe you will be an integral member of the Texas MBA Class of 2015.

This scholarship awards you $10,000 per year ($5,000 per semester) and the Out-Of-State Tuition Waiver for the two years (60 graduate hours) that you are in our program. The only conditions for this scholarship are your enrollment in the standard 15 hours of graduate business coursework for both semesters of the first year, and that you maintain good academic standing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Do you guys think visiting the school would make a difference at all in regards to getting off of the waitlist?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts