Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:51 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [29]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 614 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
Schools: LBS MiM "23
GPA: 4
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
HarshGupta08 wrote:
Hi, can you please evaluate my profile for the MIM program?

Target universities: LBS, HEC, ESSEC, and any other colleges in which you think I have a chance of getting an admit

Can you please evaluate my profile for the purpose of the last round( Round 5) of the above-mentioned universities and also for Round 1 for next year's admission.

I gave my GMAT on 11th April 2022, and scored 690(Q47, V38) but a miserable IR score of 2.

I am an Indian law graduate (5-year integrated course BA. LLB) from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University scored a rank of 406 in IPU common entrance Test

My CGPA was 7.3/10 and in terms of percentage it was 73% which according to the GMAC conversion table is a 4 GPA, I have interned at PepsiCo India Limited, Aditya Birla finance limited ( one of the businesses of the big brand conglomerate in India), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation of India( Most revenue Generating PSU of India- Maharatna Status), Luthra& Luthra(One of the top tier 1 firm in India), and at Supreme court of India.

I also have completed a free certificate course related to patent law from World intellectual property organization. In school I won a Gold medal in the international science Olympiad, I was also awarded a certificate of being a batch topper for scoring 95/100 in biology. In college, I have 3 to 4 volunteering experiences and also certificates for the same.

I have been working under a Supreme court lawyer for the past 8-9 months.

Hi HarshGupta08 , hope you are well

You do have a competitive profile for an Indian applicant, even when applying to the late rounds, however, the schools may not be happy about your IR score.

The plethora of internships and your differentiated background in law are the highlights of your profile for me. I suggest you have a compelling post-MiM goal plan that leverages your prior experience and seems logical for achieving your long-term goals.
Needless to say that a stellar narrative that highlights your industry exposure, leadership skills, diversity and community initiatives, academic inclination, and ability to contribute to the program will get you through the shortlists for these schools.

A school ideally would not let go of a great candidate such as you if you can reasonably explain your low IR score. But if there's a chance you can improve your IR score and then apply, I think you are set up for success in the admissions process.

Best wishes
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
Schools: LBS MiM "23
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
MBAGuide wrote:
HarshGupta08 wrote:

Target universities: LBS, HEC, ESSEC, and any other colleges in which you think I have a chance of getting an admit

Can you please evaluate my profile for the purpose of the last round( Round 5) of the above-mentioned universities and also for Round 1 for next year's admission.

I gave my GMAT on 11th April 2022, and scored 690(Q47, V38) but a miserable IR score of 2.

I am an Indian law graduate (5-year integrated course BA. LLB) from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University scored a rank of 406 in IPU common entrance Test

My CGPA was 7.3/10 and in terms of percentage it was 73% which according to the GMAC conversion table is a 4 GPA, I have interned at PepsiCo India Limited, Aditya Birla finance limited ( one of the businesses of the big brand conglomerate in India), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation of India( Most revenue Generating PSU of India- Maharatna Status), Luthra& Luthra(One of the top tier 1 firm in India), and at Supreme court of India.

I also have completed a free certificate course related to patent law from World intellectual property organization. In school I won a Gold medal in the international science Olympiad, I was also awarded a certificate of being a batch topper for scoring 95/100 in biology. In college, I have 3 to 4 volunteering experiences and also certificates for the same.

You do have a competitive profile for an Indian applicant, even when applying to the late rounds, however, the schools may not be happy about your IR score.

The plethora of internships and your differentiated background in law are the highlights of your profile for me. I suggest you have a compelling post-MiM goal plan that leverages your prior experience and seems logical for achieving your long-term goals.
Needless to say that a stellar narrative that highlights your industry exposure, leadership skills, diversity and community initiatives, academic inclination, and ability to contribute to the program will get you through the shortlists for these schools.

A school ideally would not let go of a great candidate such as you if you can reasonably explain your low IR score. But if there's a chance you can improve your IR score and then apply, I think you are set up for success in the admissions process.

Best wishes

Thank you so much for the reply but I still want to ask whether IR score will really matter so much.. During Covid, I even organized an All India online legal quiz in which 200 students from different states participated.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
HarshGupta08 wrote:
MBAGuide wrote:
HarshGupta08 wrote:

Best wishes

Thank you so much for the reply but I still want to ask whether IR score will really matter so much.. During Covid, I even organized an All India online legal quiz in which 200 students from different states participated.

HarshGupta08 , only the schools would be able to tell if your IR score made all the difference in the end, but it most certainly will raise a red flag in the minds of the adcom.

It is best if you can try and get feedback directly from the schools admissions office and accordingly take actions to address concerns.

Hope this helps
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: EDHEC (A)
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V32
Send PM
Hi everyone, could you help me with a profile evaluation? I am planning to apply to the MiM of two universities in France: EDHEC and TBS (Toulouse Business School):

- I am 22 years old, I am from Venezuela and I just received my Bachelor in Business Administration (a 4-year program).
- My CGPA was 8.21/10 and in terms of percentage it was 82.1% which according to the GMAC conversion table is a 4 GPA. I ranked No. 4 of my class out of the other 53 graduates.
- I took the GMAT last week and got 640 (42Q, 36V, 5IR, waiting for the score of the AWA).
- My TOELF score is 97/120.
- During my studies I did a 6-month internship at Telefónica (a major Spanish telecommunications company). I mainly managed some projects for their Foundation and supported the external communications.
- Also I was Professor Assistant of the couse "Finance I" at my university. I prepared classes for students and help them with their questions about concepts or class problems.
- I have 2 volunteer work experiences.
- My goal: I want to specialize in Finance, but I am planning to MiM programs because I feel that I don't have enough experience to apply to MSc in Finance yet.

Thanks!
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi, paocane,

Thank you for your post!

First of all, you have a great GPA, ranked 4th in class, and have a decent GMAT score. Hence academically, your profile seems quite strong! Now coming to your work experience, you did an internship at Telefónica and also were an assistant; now, what I want you to do is highlight relevant skills developed, critical projects, your role & responsibilities, and professional accolades, if any.

About your ECAs, you need to add more information about them so that you can bank upon them. Hence you need to add information about the challenges faced, relevant skills developed, leadership roles played, and the impact generated!

Overall, you have a robust profile for MiM; also, as you are not from an overrepresented pool, your chances are fairly high. Make sure you demonstrate strong passion, motivation, strong character, and intellect to present an overall strong case for your candidacy. Going for a MiM course is a smart choice as you get enough exposure to fundamentals of business and your options are diversified; moreover, it would also provide an unimaginable boost to your resume during job interviews and selection. That’s all for now; if you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to EDHEC and TBS, feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Channel Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

paocane wrote:
Hi everyone, could you help me with a profile evaluation? I am planning to apply to the MiM of two universities in France: EDHEC and TBS (Toulouse Business School):

- I am 22 years old, I am from Venezuela and I just received my Bachelor in Business Administration (a 4-year program).
- My CGPA was 8.21/10 and in terms of percentage it was 82.1% which according to the GMAC conversion table is a 4 GPA. I ranked No. 4 of my class out of the other 53 graduates.
- I took the GMAT last week and got 640 (42Q, 36V, 5IR, waiting for the score of the AWA).
- My TOELF score is 97/120.
- During my studies I did a 6-month internship at Telefónica (a major Spanish telecommunications company). I mainly managed some projects for their Foundation and supported the external communications.
- Also I was Professor Assistant of the couse "Finance I" at my university. I prepared classes for students and help them with their questions about concepts or class problems.
- I have 2 volunteer work experiences.
- My goal: I want to specialize in Finance, but I am planning to MiM programs because I feel that I don't have enough experience to apply to MSc in Finance yet.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello everyone!

Hope you guys can help me get into my dream schools.

● Who am I ?

- 21 years old, male
- French nationality

● My School

- ESSEC BBA (top 1 undergraduate in France)
- Double Degree in Tongji BBA (top school in China)
- 15/20 GPA
- End of study thesis: 18/20

● Course abroad

- Intercampus mobility at the Singapour Campus of ESSEC (selection based on GPA)
- 1 year in China to obtain my double degree.
- 1 summer school at LSE.

● Extracurricular

- Campus-President of an association that has multiple branch in all "grande école" schools in France.
- Senior Consultant and Head of projects in a Junior Business of my school.
- Member of an NGO, had different missions and organized some events.
- Helped an other NGO during 1 month (Emmaus)
- Swimming till 15 years now and member of a club

● Internships

- 6 months at PwC
- 3 months as a data analyst at a large e-commerce company
- 1 summer at BNP

● More info

- Speak French and English
- Learn Spanish, German, Mandarin.
- Have many certifications
- Won some business competition at school
- Won some prizes from my school.

● Scores

- 710, my target score for the GMAT
- 8 IELTS

● Target schools

- LBS MiM, MIT Sloan Mif, Yale SOM MiM.
- Insead, LSE, Bocconi, Imperial
- Esade, IE, NUS, ESCP

Do not hesitate to provide any advice !

Thank you for your help !

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I am undergrad in Business Administration and am now looking at MIM / Mfin programs. I have a few programs that interest me, but not sure about my chances with any of them, so any comments, ideas and recommendations will help.

Profile:
Undergrad: 3.7GPA (from non-target University in France (majors inFinance))
No GMAT for the moment I would want to know all possibilities without or if you advice me to do it.
Big4 Audit Internship
At time of application roughly 6 months full time work experience at a Nomura in asset management team. I have a summer internship at GS.
Plan is to work to IB or Asset management after graduation (most likely in Europe, but possibly in the US)

What do you guys think?
I am preparing the GMAT but I am not very optimistic for my final result so I would want to know the options for a MIM/MIF without gmat or low one.

Some one spoke me about Miami Herbert Business ? What did you guys think about this school that worth it ?

Thank you guys so much! I appreciate the help!

MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi, TBCB,

Thank you for your post!

First of all, I must say you have achieved quite a lot at such a young age. You have a good overall GPA, did a dual degree, and have a decent GMAT score. Hence academically, your profile seems quite strong! Now coming to your internship experience, you did some relevant internships during your graduation, so what I want you to do is highlight relevant skills developed, critical projects, your role & responsibilities, and professional accolades and academic ones.

About your ECAs, you have some strong ECAs and could use them well in your school essays by adding relevant information about the challenges faced, relevant skills developed, leadership roles played, and the impact generated! Moreover, your inter-campus experience could account for international exposure, and it would be a great addition to your profile if you could add about the difference in culture, environment, and curriculum in a holistic manner.

Overall, you have a robust profile for MiM; Furthermore, your ability to speak diverse languages and all of your certifications add extra points by increasing your chances at your target B-school. However, you need to understand that all of the target schools are not short of stellar profiles; hence, I would suggest you demonstrate strong passion, motivation, character, and intellect to present an overall strong case for your candidacy. Going for a MiM course is a smart choice. You get enough exposure to business fundamentals, and your options are diversified; moreover, it would also provide an unimaginable boost to your resume during job interviews and selection. That’s all for now; if you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to your target B-school, feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Channel Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

TBCB wrote:
Hello everyone!

● Who am I ?

- 21 years old, male
- French nationality

● My School

- 15/20 GPA

● Course abroad

- Intercampus mobility at the Singapour Campus of ESSEC (selection based on GPA)

● Extracurricular

- Campus-President of an association that has multiple branch in all "grande école" schools in France.

● Internships

- 6 months at PwC
- 1 summer at BNP

● More info

● Scores

- 8 IELTS

● Target schools

- Esade, IE, NUS, ESCP

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Periko wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am undergrad in Business Administration and am now looking at MIM / Mfin programs. I have a few programs that interest me, but not sure about my chances with any of them, so any comments, ideas and recommendations will help.

Profile:
No GMAT for the moment I would want to know all possibilities without or if you advice me to do it.
Big4 Audit Internship
At time of application roughly 6 months full time work experience at a Nomura in asset management team. I have a summer internship at GS.
Plan is to work to IB or Asset management after graduation (most likely in Europe, but possibly in the US)

What do you guys think?
I am preparing the GMAT but I am not very optimistic for my final result so I would want to know the options for a MIM/MIF without gmat or low one.

Some one spoke me about Miami Herbert Business ? What did you guys think about this school that worth it ?

Hello Periko hope you are doing well

If you hope to work in IB or Asset Mgt, you should definitely try to get a decent GMAT score in order to remain competitive at MiM programs with good standing. You have decent credentials- an Internship at Big4 and GS, and a job at Nomura show your professional achievements in strong light. Do not dwell on worst-case scenarios wrt GMAT, but try to give your best shot in the test.

I do not have much idea about the MHB program but you have a good chance of making it to the Grande Ecoles with a good application and a decent GMAT score.

Focus on highlighting the differentiating factors of your profile be it your personal story or professional narrative. Show that you are a go-getter and have a strong urge to get onto the business management track citing examples from your experience. Draw insights from the internships and job and connect the learnings with the business acumen you have developed so far.
Create such a strong narrative that it makes it difficult for the school to disregard your candidacy :)

For MFin applications follow these tips:

In order to show strong academic inclination in your SOP, applicants must evaluate experiences, internships and projects from perspective of furthering their learning in the subject of interest. Do check if your SOP (is)

• Strongly academically focused (>75%)
• Shows enthusiasm and motivation for the study of the subject
• Shows understanding, experience, and appreciation of the subject through real-life applications and projects
• Highlights super curriculars – what supplementary books, articles, research papers, newspapers you read.
What podcasts do you listen to? How do these activities support and complement your interest in the subject?
• Highlights Extra Curriculars – what are the transferrable skills that will help you achieve goals
• Shows originality and thought process
• Shows active engagement with the target school

Best wishes
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 148
Send PM
MS Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi,
I am looking forward to pursuing Masters (not MBA) in a business field (General Management/ Operations/ Marketing/ Business Analytics). I have done my bachelors in Electronics and Communication Engineering from India from an average college (college ranking around 90) with 74% (top 40% of the batch) in 2020. I don't have any extracurricular activities to show in the application form but I started a small venture for around 10 months when I was 16. Then after my first year of college, I started working in the family business ( small scale distribution business in healthcare sector) where I worked for 2-3 years part-time and 2 years (completing in July 2022) full-time (sales/operations/retail profile) and made some significant contributions by pivoting and reviving the failing business. I would like to know which colleges and courses (2 years courses preferred) I can apply to with a GMAT score between 650-720 (yet to take). I also wanted to know how can I prove my part-time work experience both in the family business and for the venture I started at 16 alongside my senior secondary school education. Would these have any significance as there is no documented proof because of the venture being in an unorganized sector?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
Periko wrote:
Hello everyone,

Profile:
Big4 Audit Internship

What do you guys think?

Let me begin by mentioning that you have a great profile. Your bachelors GPA is excellent and even your bachelors subject is in alignment with the subject that you wish to pursue in your masters. Not many students are able to score a 3.7 GPA. So kudos on that!
Coming to your internship experience, it shows that you have worked hard enough to land yourself an internship at GS.
Now I get that you are planning to work in the Asset Management sector in Europe or USA. You are right on track with wanting to pursue MiM or MFin for the same. The only hindrance here is the GMAT exam. I get this many times that students don’t wish to take the GMAT exam and frankly, there are various B-schools that have waived off the GMAT score requirement. Here I have created a list of schools that do not require a GMAT score for both an MiM as well as MFin.

Here is the list of colleges for MFin without GMAT:
    1. University of Illinois
    2. Drew University
    3. Northeastern University
    4. Saint Louis University
    5. Pace University

Here is the list of colleges for MiM without GMAT:
    1. Wilmington University
    2. University of Central Florida
    3. Montana State University
    4. City University of Seattle
    5. Saint Francis College

Since you also mentioned Miami Herbert Business School, I’ll just say that there are various other schools that you can target. I have already mentioned my top recommendations above.
I know it can look a bit difficult to apply to any of these universities. Don’t worry, I can help you.

If you would like, we can help you with essays and SOPs and other application processes.
We have helped over 5000 students get admit into their dream schools.
If you would like we can set up a free consulting session with you at your convenience
You can set up a Free consulting session with our experts through the link provided:
BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION
_______
Abhyank Srinet
Founder and Head Consultant at MiM Essay

97% Success Rate| 5000+ Admits in Top Schools| 5 Million Euros in Scholarships
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
flyingadn wrote:
Dear Experts / All,
Please find my profile below.

Nationality: Indian
College: IIT Roorkee
Degree: B.Tech
Work experience: 7+ years, in startups and Product Manager. Have started up a firm earlier.
GMAT: 700 (Quant 51)
No Work experience in finance directly. Interested in MiF, or MiM in finance.
My Maths is strong from earlier, and I have interest in Finance and want to do MiF, MiM to enter the finance domain. But as mentioned, no experience in finance.
I wanted to understand, are colleges open to consider relatively older candidates such as myself for the same. Which colleges should I try, that have higher chances?

I would be thankful for any response, feedback, comment.

Hey,
I can see you have a good profile as you have completed your graduation from IIT Roorkee. Also, you have a pretty good GMAT Score.

As I can see that you have 7+ years of work experience which makes you ineligible for MIM.
MiM or Masters in Management is a premium post-graduate degree targeted toward graduates or young professionals individuals. It is a degree providing comprehensive knowledge about varied management streams such as Finance, Marketing, Consulting, and Entrepreneurship among many others. It is a splendid degree, especially if you want to switch streams early in life or want to foray into the management field.

But as you have years of work experience you can opt for an MBA Finance specialisation.

Here are the Top 5 B-Schools you can target for MBA

Oxford
    HEC Paris
    London Business School
    MIT Sloan
    Cambridge

Now as you wonder if you can pick MFin or not.
While all schools have similar admissions criteria for graduate programs, there are schools that are more strict than others. A majority of schools do not require students to have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance to enter an M.S. in Finance, but there are some schools that will give priority to those who did major in a related area.

Now, Just because you do not have done Bachelor’s in Finance does not mean that you should not complete any courses in Finance to meet admissions criteria. There are list of courses that most colleges require you to have completed before you can be granted admissions into a M.S. program. There are foundation courses in finance and accounting that might be required by universities.

So, think about it and if you are still in doubt. I can help you.

If you would like, we can help you with essays and SOPs and other application processes.
If you would like we can set up a free consulting session with you at your convenience
You can set up a Free consulting session with our experts through the link provided:
BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION
_______
Abhyank Srinet

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Andre06 wrote:
Hi there !

Hope you guys can help me with my application !

I am 24 years old and I come from France.
I have a master 1 in business law from the university Paris 2 Panthéon Assas (very well known in France as the best law university in the country).

My GPA is pretty low, about 2.33/4. This is due to the very strict grading of the university I was in. I am in the year of preparation to pass the bar in Paris and become a lawyer and I would like to have knowledge in management in order to work in large international groups.

I did two internships of about 6 months each in law firms specialized in business law, tax law and corporate law in Paris.

I was a member of a TedX association as a speaker. I have created and run an e-commerce store for three years as a self-employed entrepreneur.
I regularly appear on French TV as a citizen observer on a news channel in order to give my opinion on politics and some societal issues.

I speak French, English and I get by in Spanish and Portuguese.

I was a finalist in a famous eloquence competition in Paris.

● Scores

- GMAT : I’m taking it in 10 days, I hope to get at least 630/640. I've been preparing for 1 month and I work 3/4 hours a day.
- 6.5 IELTS (I passed it last year without any preparation, I am sure I can do better)

● Target schools

- Bocconi MIM is my top 1 choice

Could you give me your opinion on my profile ?

Do I have a chance of being accepted at Bocconi?

What is the ideal score I should aim for on the GMAT?

And finally, what other Masters in Management or equivalent would you advise me to apply for? (even though I know I'm a bit late in applying because many deadlines have passed).

ps: do you think that the choice of rounds at Bocconi has an impact on the chances of being accepted or not?

Thank you so much for your help ! :blushing:

Hey Andre06,
You are right your GPA is pretty low, but that doesn’t mean you cannot fulfil your dream of studying in MiM

There are many parameters on which your application will be evaluated:
- GPA
- Test scores (GMAT, GRE, IELTS, etc.)
- Work experience
- Essays
- CV
- Letter of Recommendation
- Interview

GPA holds only 20% weightage of your application; hence you do not need to worry much about that.

I can see you mentioned your extracurriculars as well, I must say they are pretty good. That will definitely shine in your application.
You should also mention some of your skills displaying your leadership qualities such as leading a team.

You mentioned attempting your GMAT soon, that’s good it opens up many top b-schools for MiM such as Imperial, EMlyon,Warwick , IE, Schulich and Bath University

You mentioned you have [previous work experience. Explain your roles and responsibilities at your organisation in your SOP.
What value did you add to the organisation, how did it benefit you etc.

All this will ultimately add value to your application. That is the primary goal, making a strong and compelling application that makes you stand out from the hundreds of other applicants.

Keeping in consideration you haven’t yet given GMAT you should apply to schools where GMAT isn’t required. Just to be safe.

I would say you have a pretty decent profile. All you need to do is bring out yourself and your value in your essay and SOP and draft a killer application.

BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION
_______
Abhyank Srinet

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
hamzamohd wrote:
Hey everyone,
This is my profile :
- Indian, Male, 23.
- Captain of the College Debating Team- B (Yes, we had two teams) back in school - Grade 12th (2016-2017)
- Member of the Extra-Curricular Organisation
- Took a gap year to prepare for Law Entrances but decided to go for Business Management despite getting into some top law schools of the country (2017-2018)
- Graduated from Lucknow University (a state Government University) with a BBA degree, in First Division(65%+), in July 2021 (2018-2021)
- President of the Literary Society in College- both English and Hindi for 2 years
- President of the Dramatics Society for over a year (Participated and won many Local and National level events)
- Senior Student Member of the organizing committee of college events and festivals
- I like to write English and Urdu Poetry and have also performed in some open mics across the country

- Started a cloud kitchen service right from my home where my mom was the cook and I was responsible for marketing, promotion, packaging, and even delivery, but had to shut it down, due to a rise in covid cases, after a few weeks (Sept-Oct 2020)
- Have been working remotely at a Singapore/Japan-based HR tech startup, which has over 20 employees and great international and cultural diversity, as a Marketing Intern since April 2021(likely to continue working till June/July)
- Took the GMAT in May 2021, and scored 530, decided to take it again and apply next year.
- Took it again this week, but scored just a 600. (Likely to take it again this month before applying in the Feb-March round)

Post Master goals : After my masters, I would like to gain some corporate experience at an MNC- I don't know right now whether I would go into consulting or marketing.

I guess my question is which colleges should I target for MiM, since my GMAT score is very low, although I am confident that I can improve my score in my next attempt, and what score should I aim for?

So yeah, -
- How much should I aim for in my next GMAT attempt? and
- Which colleges fit my profile, for MiM?

P.S.: I will be applying in March - so targeting the March 30th Deadline

Hey there,
You are going in the right direction if you have chosen MiM as MBA requires minimum 3 years of experience. So great job here!

Your extracurricular activities show leadership skills in you, which will ultimately shine in your application & Your cloud kitchen service shows your entrepreneurial skills, that’s good.

You mentioned that you worked as a marketing intern. Use SOP & Essay to explain your roles and responsibilities at your workplace & how they benefited you & your organisation.

Coming to the next aspect i.e. your GPA & GMAT score.
Your GPA seems pretty decent but when it comes to GMAT, I recommend that you should at least have a 680+ GMAT score in order to get an admit to a top university abroad.

So here is the answer to your 1st question.

But the key thing to focus on here is - GMAT Score is not the only factor, it holds only 20% weightage of your application.

There are many parameters on which your application will be evaluated:
- GPA
- Test scores (GMAT, GRE, IELTS, etc.)
- Work experience
- Essays
- CV
- Letter of Recommendation
- Interview

As you have mentioned that you want to work in an MNC, I would recommend you to go for schools in Europe as they have a very high employability rate.

Imperial, Bocconi, EMlyon, Warwick, IE, Schulich and Bath University are a few of the schools that I will recommend you to apply to.

Having a look at your profile it seems pretty decent. If we will work on the Essays, LORs & interviews, we will be able to make a strong and compelling application that makes you stand out from the 100s of other applicants.

If you would like, we can help you with your application process.
We have helped over 5000 students get admitted into their dream schools.

If you would like we can set up a free consulting session with you at your convenience.

You can set up a free consulting session with our experts

BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION
_______
Abhyank Srinet

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
TBCB wrote:
Hello everyone!

● Who am I ?

- 21 years old, male
- French nationality

● My School

- 15/20 GPA

● Course abroad

● Extracurricular

● Internships

- 6 months at PwC
- 1 summer at BNP

● More info

● Scores

- 8 IELTS

● Target schools

- Esade, IE, NUS, ESCP

I am quite impressed by the fact that you have achieved so much at such an early age. Be it your bachelor’s GPA or your dual degree, both of these things highlight how good you have been in your academics. And while maintaining an excellent academic record, you also had some remarkable extracurricular achievements and participations like the swimming club, winning business competitions as well as being the Senior Consultant and Head of projects in School. Your active participation in NGOs shows that you are empathetic and helpful towards others. So you have quite a lot to highlight in your profile.

Coming towards your internships and work experience, it’s quite exceptional. I suggest you highlight your major roles, and responsibilities as well as the challenges you faced along with how you overcome those. You should also highlight the skills that you developed during your working duration along with the examples of how your work and contribution impacted the overall growth of the organizations that you were working with.
Your IELTS Score shows your language proficiency because trust me this is more than an average score. On the other hand, your ability to speak multiple languages will also add to your benefits.

Now, the schools that you are targeting are nothing short than top-notch. Their acceptance rates are very low because of the high competition. So even if you have a good profile, you will have to make sure that you highlight every aspect of your profile so that it binds together and makes your profile stand out amongst the crowd of other applicants. An otherwise good profile can look like an average one if not presented correctly. So you need to research properly and add every relevant detail that caters to what the B-school is looking for.

BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION
You can also evaluate your strengths and weaknesses and understand where you rank among the competition through the link provided:
Evaluate your Profile
_______
Abhyank Srinet

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hello! I am Tanya Varshney based in India. I have my under grad in BTech CSE with a cloud specialization which i completed in 2020 with a cgpa of 7.3/10. After my grad i was an intern in an IT company and then continued to work as developer in the same company. It has been almost 1.5 years of work experience.
I am fluent in english as i have studied all my life in english based schools and universities. But will be taking toefl ibt for the best.
I have done a digital marketing course from google to get a hold of management course a bit by bit. I am preparing to give GMAT within these two months.
I have major interest in MBA in luxury and fashion but due to lack of work ex i am opting mim.
I have some shortlisted aimed colleges for MBA and MIM and they are as given below-
For MBA- NYU stern, LBS, HEC, BBS, INSEAD (to be noted these are the top tier that i am aiming)
FOR MIM- HEC, LBS, IE buisness school, Michigan (ross), Erasmus(RSM)
It would be really helpful if i could know a perspective from an experienced person in this dilemma of choices.
School Moderator - LBS Masters
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Hello everyone!

I would love some input on what to focus on during my last year of Bachelor Studies to improve my chanches of getting into a top MiM.

Background
- 21 year old male, adopted from South Korea, but grew up in Sweden

Education
- Lund University School of Economics and Management (2nd best Business School in Sweden while LU is considered Swedens overall best University)
- 3.8/4.0 if converted into the american system
- Enrolled into our Honors Program for the top 5% of the cohort, where I studied 20 extra ECTS during year 2

International Experience
- Participated in a Case Competition at Iceland
- Doing a summer Internship in a global firm (Think F50)
- Will do an Internship in Copenhagen during the autumn

Extracurricular
- Was one of ~30 that participated in national training camps for the best handball players (in my age) in Sweden during High School, where I moved as a 16 year old to pursue training parallell to my studies
- 2 years in our student union: Started as a sponsoring coordinator for our career fair -> Project Leader for a career event (budget 20K EUR) -> Part of our Council that budgets, recruits and decides on other major decisions -> Founded a Consulting Society
- Decent results in various Case Competitions
- Member of Nova Talent

All Noteable Professional Experience
- Summer 2020: Wrote pilot-studies for a large investment project and ran a restaurant with my friend (Not listed on my CV due to space)
- Spring/Summer 2021: Business Development Intern at a large fashion company in Sweden
- Late summer/Early autumn 2021: Copy-writing and SEO for a start-up (this is not listed on my CV due to space)
- Nov - Present: Management Consultant for a firm run by Students across faculties at Lund University
- Summer Internship 2022: F50 Company in FMCG as Sales Intern
- Internship Autumn 2022: Start-up consultancy created by ex Bain Partners

Target Schools and goals
1. HEC Paris, LBS or Insead
2. Gallen, LSE or Bocconi
3. SSE International Business

My goal is to pursue a career in consulting, where MBB is top of mind. Moreover, I want to do an exit into either PE or Luxury Fashion (Fashion is a great interest of mine)

My Questions
Considering the above, I have the following that I would love to have some input on!

- What GMAT Range might be sufficient for me? At the moment, I am aiming 680+, is that too low?
- Which round makes most sense to apply in? Considering that my autumn Internship starts Sep 5th (one of the partners is a LBS Alumn)
- How would you, overall, rate my application profile? Are my target schools to ambitious? Reasonable?
- Any areas that I should focus on during my last year to improve my chanches? (Besides GMAT and IELTS)

Originally posted by LST786 on 24 Jun 2022, 00:48.
Last edited by LST786 on 24 Jun 2022, 12:05, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.5
Send PM