Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:41 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 205
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 580 Q37 V32
GMAT 2: 570 Q36 V32
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V40
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 205
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 580 Q37 V32
GMAT 2: 570 Q36 V32
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V40
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Non-IT Indian Female Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
essaysnark wrote:
MBAjunkie16 wrote:
Hi, EssaySnark,

As a hopeful BSer, it would be great to get your opinion on my profile.
YAY! A personal greeting from a BSer requesting a profile review in a polite manner! How refreshing!!! :P

We can start off our comments by saying, YOU HAVE A REAL SHOT AT ROSS.

You may already know that we're big fans of Michigan and we're thrilled that you're naming them as your first choice. A Round 1 app with a decent GMAT (690 is 'decent' though of course we hope you do better!!) - we think you could make it. Your essays need to be great of course, and that's just as hard as the GMAT for most people. It's good you'll be finishing up with test prep in the next two weeks so you can move your focus over to the essays next. You definitely have enough time to get it all done so don't let us stress you out - we always suggest that the dropdead date for a GMAT test is mid to late August so you're fine. And you're clearly doing your research by being here (and on the blahg!) so you're hopefully very well equipped with the resources you need to make it happen.

Ross is very flexible and they'll look at all of your profile - they won't get hung up on any one factor like quant or otherwise. You'll need to show that you can handle the material but they don't expert everyone to be financial engineering whizkids - they like a balanced class and you'll be able to bring in a unique angle with your work experience. The fact that you've been in DC for awhile adds a lot to your chances, that type of ex-pat experience is valuable for the Indian profile.

So we are All Systems Go! for you - you have some obvious strengths and you just need to take care of each element one by one now, with a great showing on your upcoming test date (remember to BREATHE during the test!) and then turning your attention to the remaining pieces in order.

If we can help with additional questions please don't hesitate to ask!
EssaySnark

PS: we don't mean to ignore your other school choices but if you love Ross - and do a good job on the essays - and apply in Round 1 - then we don't see why that couldn't work out for you!

Thank you! thank you thank you...and did I say, thank you so much! :-D I have had a couple of rough weekends with terrible mock GMAT scores and I wrote the above being "this" close to abandoning this whole exercise all together. :( So this does give me a lot of heart and I can't but appreciate your vote of confidence - this will help me buckle down and get to the target GMAT score. *fingers crossed* I am definitely cutting it very thin as far essays are concerned with the delayed GMAT and the low mock scores are definitely not helping.

That said, in terms of the essays since that is the critical piece of this whole process, do you recommend addressing the "non quant-jockness" of my profile in the essays? :?:
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Non-IT Indian Female Profile Evaluation [#permalink]