Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:04 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V41
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]
If any last minute people like myself are still curious, I submitted on the 14th and got my status check e-mail yesterday.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Missayyy - thanks for the sharing! Still no word on my end but hopefully sometime soon. Anyone else hear back with a status update e-mail?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I applied on Apr 14th and got my status check email yesterday. Good luck all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
For all you super last minute applicants such as myself who submitted on 5/15, I received my password this morning. I'd like to repeat Maccaphile's advice to check your spam folder as the email landed up in there!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am a super-super last minute applicant, submitted exactly at midnight on the 15th. I still haven't received my password.
btw, NYU is accepting applications.. so for people who missed the deadline, you can still apply..

https://w4.stern.nyu.edu/admissions/langone/
MBA Admissions is still accepting applications on a space available basis for Fall 2008.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It seems like Langone does this every year when they accept applications way after the deadline. Why have a deadline then? :roll:
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
latrellrox wrote:
It seems like Langone does this every year when they accept applications way after the deadline. Why have a deadline then? :roll:

To scare the initial wave of people to get their apps in.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Received my password around 8:30 AM today. (Submitted my apps at the "last" minute on the 15th)
..and i found it in my SPAM folder..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kidderek wrote:
latrellrox wrote:

To scare the initial wave of people to get their apps in.

I wonder how they view these past-deadline applicants. Will they be rolled up with everyone else's apps, or considered when they still need to fill seats? That deadline extension thing really annoys me!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1575 [0]
Send PM
BusinessChic wrote:
Received my password around 8:30 AM today. (Submitted my apps at the "last" minute on the 15th)
..and i found it in my SPAM folder..

Thanks for the message. I found it in my spam folder too!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Tangaroo wrote:
I wonder how they view these past-deadline applicants. Will they be rolled up with everyone else's apps, or considered when they still need to fill seats? That deadline extension thing really annoys me!

My guess would be that it's like round 1 and round 2. Deadline people have more seats available to them, but not necessarily a favorable light.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Indian Male 31 years
IT 8 years work experience
GMAT 640 .
recieved email 2 days ago.
Plan to retake GMAT
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
kidderek wrote:
Tangaroo wrote:

My guess would be that it's like round 1 and round 2. Deadline people have more seats available to them, but not necessarily a favorable light.

Past precedent seems to show that there is really no absolute pattern. Some people apply after the deadline, but get notification in May; others apply in March, but hear back in late July. I think that NYU goes through the pile of apps on a fairly random basis (it’s clearly not first in / first out) with little regard to the deadline or the 'rolling application' facade.

There seems to be some patterns though:

There is some precedent that indicates that re-applicants will hear earlier. In fact, this week and next we may see some reapplicant admits, possibly as early as today.

There are also some signs that ‘super applicants’ with 700+ gmats, great undergrad and great WE, will get notice in May / early June. I am guessing, based on profiles, that two or three of the people here could be in this category and get notified next week or the week after.

There are also signs that fringe applicants, who could just as easily be admitted as rejected, will hear in mid to late July. This makes sense, since the obvious admits probably get in during June / early July, and then adcom pulls from the rest to balance the class.

However, each of these rules has been broken in all of the past threads I read.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Program: MBA-PT
Area of interest in MBA: Leadership and Change Management, Quantitative Finance
GMAT: 740, Q49/V41, AWA 5.0
GPA: 3.0 B.E., Double major in Mechanical Engineering and Mathematics at a top 20 school.
Work experience(WE): 6 years experience as a quantitative analyst at a top hedge fund. Currently supervising two other analysts.
Nationality: American
Extra-curriculars/community:
- New York Society of Securities Analysts member
- International Association of Financial Engineers member
- Fraternity house manager in college
- Engineer Council member in college
- Volunteer Students for Science in college
- CFA Charterholder (passed all three levels without failure in two total years)

Great recs, essays and resume. I’m weak in community service and GPA but the CFA makes up for the GPA to some degree. My fingers are crossed!

Originally posted by CFACharterholder22 on 22 May 2008, 11:10.
Last edited by CFACharterholder22 on 05 Jun 2008, 05:36, edited 2 times in total.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
CFACharterholder22 wrote:
Nationality: American (white male, which doesn’t help me any in this process)

Don't kid yourself.

- CFA Charterholder (passed all three levels without failure in two total years)

That is quite a feat. I believe around 10% of registered CFA candidates get through all 3 levels, right? I wonder what percentage get 3/3 in 2 years . . .

My fingers are crossed!

Ummm, unless you blow the essays, I'm going to say that you're as close to a shoe-in as one can be. Good luck.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Will the status check website only tell you if you're missing something or will it tell you all the things they received from you as well?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Tangaroo wrote:
Will the status check website only tell you if you're missing something or will it tell you all the things they received from you as well?

If I recall correctly from the older langone threads, when adcom discovers something missing, they will post a note on your status check page.

So having the generic notification doesn’t mean that your app is complete, it just means that adcom hasn’t yet determined that anything is missing.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  60