Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 05:50 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 630 Q51 V17
GPA: 3.6
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Re: Sloan 2012 - Calling MBA All Applicants [#permalink]
I just started with the salutation. (Was getting late into the night/morning though :)

I was thinking about adding addresses but then gave up when I saw the "1 page" instruction. Probably could've still made it work but I just wanted to get it over with.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
Send PM
segfault wrote:
I just started with the salutation. (Was getting late into the night/morning though :)

I was thinking about adding addresses but then gave up when I saw the "1 page" instruction. Probably could've still made it work but I just wanted to get it over with.

My suggestion is you can reduce the margins ( put 0.6) and it should fit in one page including the address.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
segfault wrote:

I believe the 1 page instruction only applies to the three essays, not the cover letter.

With the salutation headings and ~500 words my cover letter spilled over to a second page.

Good luck to everyone applying!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Sloan '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
cj14 wrote:
segfault wrote:

I believe the 1 page instruction only applies to the three essays, not the cover letter.

With the salutation headings and ~500 words my cover letter spilled over to a second page.

Yep, same here. Mine went over about 1/3 on the second page.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.6
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
purpleshirt wrote:
cj14 wrote:
segfault wrote:

Yep, same here. Mine went over about 1/3 on the second page.

Oh good. Mine did too - and I just about freaked when I saw segfault's post - went to the application and looked at the instructions again before even reading the next reply on the forum!

Submitted application this morning - I was up until 2:30 working on it. Feels great to have it done!

Best of luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.8
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi all,

just submitted my application (the FIRST MBA application in my whole life... wow). :shock:

Good luck to everyone applying from a devoted lurker :-D

Corrado
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
904carrera wrote:
Hi all,

just submitted my application (the FIRST MBA application in my whole life... wow). :shock:

Good luck to everyone applying from a devoted lurker :-D

Corrado

Non-MBA related question: You drive 94 Carrera?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.8
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
happyface wrote:

Non-MBA related question: You drive 94 Carrera?

No, I dream about driving a rare 1963 904 Carrera GTS :roll:

Btw a couple of years ago I used to drive a 95 Carrera 2 :wink:

Corrado
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
spivey181 wrote:

Oh good. Mine did too - and I just about freaked when I saw segfault's post - went to the application and looked at the instructions again before even reading the next reply on the forum!

Submitted application this morning - I was up until 2:30 working on it. Feels great to have it done!

Best of luck to everyone!

Sorry! Looks like I would've been better off finishing the next day. Good luck all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Schools: MIT (Sloan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
good luck everyone, so now the waiting starts, 4 applications, just need one admission. I feel i will get admitted by booth, it was my best application. My worst were HBS and wharton
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Send PM
Kudos
toiysam wrote:
good luck everyone, so now the waiting starts, 4 applications, just need one admission. I feel i will get admitted by booth, it was my best application. My worst were HBS and wharton

Good luck to you too. My best to worst so far went from Tuck, Sloan, Stanford, to HBS. I still have to work on my executive apps for Wharton and Berkeley/Columbia. As Stanford already dinged me, I'm not too hopeful with HBS. I do however feel my Tuck and Sloan apps were really good, so we'll see. Only need one!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Sloan '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all - best of luck to R2 applicants!

I had my interview this week and just wanted to post some insights. None of it is shockingly new though. This is more of a confirmation that the info on the clearadmitwiki is still relevant!

My interviewer was about 5 mins late (I think her previous one ran long) and we ended up finishing 30 mins on the dot. It was a really nice, comfortable atmosphere and I never felt rushed in my answers. All the questions asked can be found on the wiki. I like how the interviewer actually looks through your application and asks specific questions from there. It makes for a more thorough evaluation. On the other hand, it also makes it a tad harder to prepare for as a prospective.

The ONLY question she asked about Sloan/Why MBA was "why did I choose Sloan". There was no questioning into why an MBA given my career path (eh, maybe that was obvious?) or why now. It also does not start in the typical fashion of "tell me about yourself/walk me through your resume". Instead, it starts with "what updates do you have since you submitted your application". I think it is IMPORTANT to have a good answer to this question because it sets the tone and jump starts the conversation.

KNOW your stories front and back, be ready to think on your feet, and take a deep breath! Feel free to PM if you have more specific questions. I try not to give away too much personal detail in case adcoms troll forums...which they do.

Cheers.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.48
WE:Web Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
purpleshirt wrote:
Hi all - best of luck to R2 applicants!

I had my interview this week and just wanted to post some insights. None of it is shockingly new though. This is more of a confirmation that the info on the clearadmitwiki is still relevant!

My interviewer was about 5 mins late (I think her previous one ran long) and we ended up finishing 30 mins on the dot. It was a really nice, comfortable atmosphere and I never felt rushed in my answers. All the questions asked can be found on the wiki. I like how the interviewer actually looks through your application and asks specific questions from there. It makes for a more thorough evaluation. On the other hand, it also makes it a tad harder to prepare for as a prospective.

The ONLY question she asked about Sloan/Why MBA was "why did I choose Sloan". There was no questioning into why an MBA given my career path (eh, maybe that was obvious?) or why now. It also does not start in the typical fashion of "tell me about yourself/walk me through your resume". Instead, it starts with "what updates do you have since you submitted your application". I think it is IMPORTANT to have a good answer to this question because it sets the tone and jump starts the conversation.

KNOW your stories front and back, be ready to think on your feet, and take a deep breath! Feel free to PM if you have more specific questions. I try not to give away too much personal detail in case adcoms troll forums...which they do.

Cheers.

tnx for the insights
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
WE 1: Medical devices,
WE 2: Consumer electronics
Send PM
purpleshirt wrote:
I try not to give away too much personal detail in case adcoms troll forums...which they do.

Cheers.

Nice!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is that data on the first page correct,that only 9% have been invited to interview in the first round? Is it usually that low?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The figure provided for percentage of people invited to interview is a voluntary sample from a relatively small population. I suspect a higher percentage have been invited to interview, but there is no way to know. I am on the East Coast and have receieved no word regarding an interview. I hope everyone who is not attending Sloan and applied Round 1 withdraws their application as soon as they are aware they no longer desire Sloan.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey guys,

First post here :) Did my interview and just wanted to drop a note for fellow interviewees here - be prepared; but also be prepared to be surprised when you walk in. While I guess maybe 90% of time you will get something like what's on the wiki, it is actually possible to get something different. At least that happened to me - mine went pretty much chit-chatting all the way. Only like 1 example question, no grills. So.. chill but be prepared for anything!

Best of luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  45   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts