Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 14:14 It is currently 03 May 2024, 14:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q40 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:General Management (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: Rice University Jones 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Just got my acceptance call.
Intern
Intern
WE:Marketing (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Frege wrote:

Hi Frege,

Are u an international applicator or domestic ? thx~
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q40 V41
WE:General Management (Health Care)
Send PM
ashtreeliu wrote:
Frege wrote:

Hi Frege,

Domestic.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Frege wrote:
ashtreeliu wrote:
Frege wrote:

Hi Frege,

Domestic.

thx, seems wait is the only thing i can do now~
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Rice University (Jones) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Accepted at Rice - $40k annual scholarship (more than I expected).

Thing is, Rice is the lowest-ranked school I applied to. (Even McCombs rejected me). With only three years experience right now, I could work for two more (in my target industry), boost my GMAT score and apply again, with a possible shot at a top ten school. However, if general management at one of the supermajor O&G is my goal, I'm better off staying in Houston for networking purposes, right? Is the benefit of a more prestigious school worth giving up two years of post-MBA time?

Also with the scholarship, personal savings and the low cost of living I'd get in Houston (due to living with bf), I could graduate from Rice debt-free or close to it.

I'm an idiot not to accept at Rice, right?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
histgirl wrote:
Accepted at Rice - $40k annual scholarship (more than I expected).

Thing is, Rice is the lowest-ranked school I applied to. (Even McCombs rejected me). With only three years experience right now, I could work for two more (in my target industry), boost my GMAT score and apply again, with a possible shot at a top ten school. However, if general management at one of the supermajor O&G is my goal, I'm better off staying in Houston for networking purposes, right? Is the benefit of a more prestigious school worth giving up two years of post-MBA time?

Also with the scholarship, personal savings and the low cost of living I'd get in Houston (due to living with bf), I could graduate from Rice debt-free or close to it.

I'm an idiot not to accept at Rice, right?

big cong!

my situation is almost the same as yours. Just be rejected by McCombs~ also 3 years,~still no information, I guess my hope is not too much~
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
any international acceptances yet ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
zmokarim wrote:

I believe that International applicants are informed before domestic, and some domestic's have received their calls.

I know someone who is a foreigner who recently moved to the US who received her call on Tuesday, though I'm not sure if she technically counts as an "international" because she currently resides in U.S.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone received a call today (Thursday)? Please let us know what time you were called and if you are international or domestic. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
robodisco wrote:
zmokarim wrote:

I believe that International applicants are informed before domestic, and some domestic's have received their calls.

I know someone who is a foreigner who recently moved to the US who received her call on Tuesday, though I'm not sure if she technically counts as an "international" because she currently resides in U.S.

Didn't u see most of the people who got calls these days are female? does this mean the male students are enough for the class? At least the people I know received the call are all female and also given a large sum of money.

I am a domestic, while, still no news~
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ashtreeliu wrote:
robodisco wrote:
zmokarim wrote:

Didn't u see most of the people who got calls these days are female? does this mean the male students are enough for the class? At least the people I know received the call are all female and also given a large sum of money.

I am a domestic, while, still no news~

The two people I know personally who were accepted are female, but I only know female applicants, whom I met at Rice Women's Preview Weekend.

I think that women are more likely to receive higher scholarships because Rice is really pushing for woman MBAs as they are more rare and therefore sought after. I am not sure if there is any rhyme or reason to whom they call when. I am a woman who has still not received a call, but I will post here whenever I find out an answer. Stay calm - "it ain't over 'till it's over!"
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thx Robodisco, let's wait for the result. At least there is still no change in my online application status. I guess they will inform us today or tomorrow~
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ashtreeliu wrote:
Thx Robodisco, let's wait for the result. At least there is still no change in my online application status. I guess they will inform us today or tomorrow~

From what I can tell they update your online status after they call you. Closer to the deadline, they will mass update online for everyone who did not get in. Keep your phone close!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
robodisco wrote:
ashtreeliu wrote:

From what I can tell they update your online status after they call you. Closer to the deadline, they will mass update online for everyone who did not get in. Keep your phone close!

finger crossed~
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I hate waiting.. I keep refreshing my online app status every half hr :/

The annoying part is that I'm international and 10 hours ahead so not getting any sleep! I keep waking up and checking my phone :/

Fingers crossed and good luck to all who r waiting!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just saw that my online application says "Decision Rendered" but it does not say what that decision is. I called the admissions office to clarify and they let me know that it is a formality, and that they have to input applicants as "decision rendered" 24 hours prior to the deadline for the system to update by the deadline.

I also found out that Melissa has a lunch meeting from 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM and that her schedule is blocked out from 2:00- 4:00 PM (CST). Melissa managers her own schedule and there is no reason listed for the blocking out of those hours, but I am assuming that she will be calling people during that time, and potentially afterward.

This application process is just a series of small heart attacks! I'm really starting to resent my phone.

Originally posted by robodisco on 23 Feb 2012, 10:15.
Last edited by robodisco on 23 Feb 2012, 10:27, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
robodisco wrote:
I just saw that my online application says "Decision Rendered" but it does not say what that decision is. I called the admissions office to clarify and they let me know that it is a formality, and that they have to input applicants as "decision rendered" 24 hours prior to the deadline for the system to update by the deadline.

I also found out that Melissa has a lunch meeting from 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM and that her scheduled is blocked out from 2:00- 4:00 PM (CST). Melissa managers her own schedule and there is no reason listed for the blocking out of those hours, but I am assuming that she will be calling people during that time, and potentially afterward.

This application process is just a series of small heart attacks! I'm really starting to resent my phone.

thx for your information, while I checked my status and it was still under view~

totally depressed~seems I have no chance to go to Texas~
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts