Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 07:01 It is currently 03 May 2024, 07:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GRE 1: Q166 V164
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Chartered Engineer
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: INSEAD - Class of 2013
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:INSEAD, IESE
GMAT 2: 710
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Completed CFA exams
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Booth '17
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE:Other (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Dinged! Email from admissions co ordinator said I am low on work ex and should apply to INSEAD again for the 2015 intake.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
vrindasingh wrote:
Got my interviewer details today but one dropped out already :P
Waiting...

How long would you guys wait for a response from alumni for interview details. One of mine responded straight away and is scheduled for 2 weeks time. The other hasnt ersponded to my initial email for 1 week now and I have left a followup voicemail for him a couple of days ago. Should I contact admissions or wait a bit more?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
still waiting over here for my interviewer details. If I don't hear back this week, I'm going to call on monday...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1939 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Send PM
brychao wrote:
MBAhereIcome,

I say you go for it.

okay, i see what you're saying here: i should rather take my chances and apply now rather wait another year and get older. this decision is largely dependant on my gmat score. october will open up deadlines to a lot of other universities too.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
MBAhereIcome wrote:
brychao wrote:
MBAhereIcome,

I say you go for it.

okay, i see what you're saying here: i should rather take my chances and apply now rather wait another year and get older. this decision is largely dependant on my gmat score. october will open up deadlines to a lot of other universities too.

MBAhereIcome, GMAT isn't really everything. People with GMAT score as high as 760 get rejected without even an interview. What you need is to know if you have enough work/leadership/international experience. And you need to show that in your essays. GMAT is just 25%, you need to work on the 75 % now..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Like I said, one of my interviewers dropped out and I'm waiting to hear back from INSEAD. The second one hasn't responded to my email. I'm thinking of calling him tomorrow. I've got tuition deposit for another b-school pending so I really want to get this done with soon!

nav12c wrote:
vrindasingh wrote:
Got my interviewer details today but one dropped out already :P
Waiting...

How long would you guys wait for a response from alumni for interview details. One of mine responded straight away and is scheduled for 2 weeks time. The other hasnt ersponded to my initial email for 1 week now and I have left a followup voicemail for him a couple of days ago. Should I contact admissions or wait a bit more?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
froufrou

I think you should drop the AdCom a line... SH sent me my details immediately after I reminded her :P

froufrou wrote:
still waiting over here for my interviewer details. If I don't hear back this week, I'm going to call on monday...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
shaunakthakkar wrote:
This was a surreal day. I am based in NY and got the names of my two interviewers this morning. I contacted both and one requested that we meet today if possible as his week was filling up rather quick. Met him on the upper east side for an hour long interview. It was very relaxed. The interviewer walked me through my resume and understood my motivations behind wanting to pursue an MBA.

Hope for some good feedback from him.

The second interview is going to be close to the end of next week.

Good luck everyone

-S

Who was your interviewer?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1939 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Send PM
Patcheko80 wrote:
MBAhereIcome wrote:
brychao wrote:
MBAhereIcome,

I say you go for it.

MBAhereIcome, GMAT isn't really everything. People with GMAT score as high as 760 get rejected without even an interview. What you need is to know if you have enough work/leadership/international experience. And you need to show that in your essays. GMAT is just 25%, you need to work on the 75 % now..

hey, thanks for the motiviation. if 660 gives me a shot at insead i could even target the r2 deadline, which is 20th june. and yes, i do have enough international exposure. in fact i got a large part of my WE outside of my home country, and i do know people with similar profiles and with gmat 680 getting in.

a friend, who is also a graduate from insead, recommended that i retake gmat and then apply. hence, the changed plan.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
MBAhereIcome wrote:
Patcheko80 wrote:
MBAhereIcome wrote:

hey, thanks for the motiviation. if 660 gives me a shot at insead i could even target the r2 deadline, which is 20th june. and yes, i do have enough international exposure. in fact i got a large part of my WE outside of my home country, and i do know people with similar profiles and with gmat 680 getting in.

a friend, who is also a graduate from insead, recommended that i retake gmat and then apply. hence, the changed plan.

True.. You'll have to learn the new integrated section if you don't write by the 5th. Hmmm.
All the best, you'll do just fine.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
How is the interview scheduling going? I'm done with one but INSEAD still hasn't sent me details for my second interviewer. The tension is killing me :(
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General
Schools:top schools
 Q43  V31 GMAT 2: 670  Q43  V38 GMAT 3: 680  Q48  V35
WE 1: Foreign Ministry - 6 years
WE 2: Law Firm - 3 years
Send PM
I had one interview last Friday, and the second one is scheduled for this Thursday.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: NABE
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.1
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
What were the interviews like? Was it the typical Walk me thru resume, Why MBA? Why now? Why INSEAD? It seems some interviewers stick to those + a casual convo while others strictly follow the prescribed situational question form.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.76
WE:Information Technology (Other)
Send PM
Matt1177 wrote:
I had one interview last Friday, and the second one is scheduled for this Thursday.

Similar case with me, I had one last Monday and next one is this Thursday..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GPA: 3.7
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
snbury wrote:
What were the interviews like? Was it the typical Walk me thru resume, Why MBA? Why now? Why INSEAD? It seems some interviewers stick to those + a casual convo while others strictly follow the prescribed situational question form.

Hey All - I've shared my INSEAD Interview experiences in my recent post in my blog and hope that you guys get something meaningful from it...Feel free to send any comments.

https://mbahopeful.wordpress.com/

Best of Luck!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General
Schools:top schools
 Q43  V31 GMAT 2: 670  Q43  V38 GMAT 3: 680  Q48  V35
WE 1: Foreign Ministry - 6 years
WE 2: Law Firm - 3 years
Send PM
AVbyT wrote:
snbury wrote:

Hey All - I've shared my INSEAD Interview experiences in my recent post in my blog and hope that you guys get something meaningful from it...Feel free to send any comments.

Best of Luck!

Hi, thank you for the great story. What about the second interview?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: NABE
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.1
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
AVbyT wrote:
snbury wrote:

Best of Luck!

Great blog, thanks for sharing! Interesting post on W, btw.

I'm getting a little bit concerned that my two interviews seem like they won't be until the week of June 4th. AdCom didn't give me a deadline, but is there one? I don't want to be the last one on the pile! Would it make a difference?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  43   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts