Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 18:34 It is currently 08 May 2024, 18:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [3]
Given Kudos: 157
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 3: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 4: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2021 Intake) Class of 2022! [#permalink]
Bookmarks
gauravhalder87 wrote:
aniriddha wrote:
How is it as compared to the MsX program ?

Posted from my mobile device

Hi there

The programs are pretty similar - both full-time 1 year residential MBA programs for executives and mid-career professionals.
Differences that I noticed (Please research the schools as well, there is a ton of info on their websites)
- Sloan has regular MBA degree (along with masters options) while Stanford is only a Masters of Science. If that matters to you, can be a big deal.
- Sloan seems to put more stress on acads / quants and Stanford on leadership (personal opinion so take it FWIW).
- Location (of course) - Stanford has a clear advantage as it is in Palo Alto (Temperate climate, access to Silicon Valley, though Expensive). Boston is colder.
- Sloan has a more older cohort seemingly and a higher age limit for application.

Hope this helps.

Hi Gaurav,
Thanks for the info. I am 35 years old already and have limited options to apply. GMAT 680 and more than 7 years of entrepreneurial experience in founding and managing a cleantech startup in the thermal engineering space.

I am eligible to appy to :
1. Stanford Msx/MIT sloan fellow
2. USC marshall Ibear.
3. Stern Tech/ Cornell Tech MBA
4. Emory 1 year
5.CMU Tepper
6. Foster
7. kelley
8. UNC Kenan Flagler.
9. St gallen and Mannheim

STEM is important since I come from India. MIT has taken the lead and waved off the GMAT completely.
What are your views on the same and on the above list of schools?
Aniriddha
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [2]
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2021 Intake) Class of 2022! [#permalink]
Bookmarks
I think you have a great work exp and your choice of schools also seems ok. Age is a bit of a factor for the regular 2-year programs though but if you can justify properly how MBA will add value, I think you should be good.

Please note the criteria of the schools though - IIRC, GMAT is still mandatory for MIT, just not at the time of application. All the best.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Bookmarks
aniriddha wrote:
Hi Gaurav,
Thanks for the info. I am 35 years old already and have limited options to apply. GMAT 680 and more than 7 years of entrepreneurial experience in founding and managing a cleantech startup in the thermal engineering space.

2. USC marshall Ibear.
4. Emory 1 year
5.CMU Tepper
6. Foster
7. kelley
8. UNC Kenan Flagler.

STEM is important since I come from India. MIT has taken the lead and waved off the GMAT completely.
Aniriddha

Hi Aniriddha

I was incorrect. Please refer to below communication from MIT Sloan regarding standardized test scores.

Standardized tests, such as GMAT, GRE, EA, TOEFL, IELTS, are a component of the application and play an important role in our holistic evaluation process. However, in view of challenges brought about by the coronavirus pandemic, we will allow candidates for the 2020-21 admission cycle to submit their application without the test; we will review their submitted material as is and without negative inferences. If admitted, candidates will not be required to take the tests.

Additionally, applicants are welcome to submit other pieces of evidence, such as expired test scores (GMAT, GRE, EA, etc.); MITx MicroMasters, CORe, edX, MBAMath, or any other non-degree coursework completed; or certifications earned such as CPA, ACCA, CFA, etc.; all of which may assist the Admissions Committee in its evaluation process.

Also, you might want to look at European schools if you are interested as they have a slightly older student base.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
[quote="gauravhalder87"][quote="aniriddha"]
Hi Gaurav,

2. USC marshall Ibear.
4. Emory 1 year
5.CMU Tepper
6. Foster
7. kelley
8. UNC Kenan Flagler.

Aniriddha[/quote]

Hi Aniriddha

I was incorrect. Please refer to below communication from MIT Sloan regarding standardized test scores.

Standardized tests, such as GMAT, GRE, EA, TOEFL, IELTS, are a component of the application and play an important role in our holistic evaluation process. However, in view of challenges brought about by the coronavirus pandemic, we will allow candidates for the 2020-21 admission cycle to submit their application without the test; we will review their submitted material as is and without negative inferences. If admitted, candidates will not be required to take the tests.

Additionally, applicants are welcome to submit other pieces of evidence, such as expired test scores (GMAT, GRE, EA, etc.); MITx MicroMasters, CORe, edX, MBAMath, or any other non-degree coursework completed; or certifications earned such as CPA, ACCA, CFA, etc.; all of which may assist the Admissions Committee in its evaluation process.

Also, you might want to look at European schools if you are interested as they have a slightly older student base.[/quote]
Hi Gaurav,
That's right.MIT has taken the bold step of waiving off the GMAT completely just as Harvard did in the 80's.
St Gallen, Mannheim and Said business school are my options in Europe. Most of the other such as Judge, Imperial,Esade, iese need younger students.
I am skeptical about Alliance Manchester. Have you spoken with their alumni ?
Aniriddha

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 935
Send PM
Any clue on the scholarships for Sloan fellows program ?

Regards
Prashant

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Send PM
aniriddha wrote:
Hi Gaurav,
That's right.MIT has taken the bold step of waiving off the GMAT completely just as Harvard did in the 80's.
St Gallen, Mannheim and Said business school are my options in Europe. Most of the other such as Judge, Imperial,Esade, iese need younger students.
I am skeptical about Alliance Manchester. Have you spoken with their alumni ?
Aniriddha

Sorry no idea, maybe you can check the relevant thread in GMATClub. Btw, there is LBS fellows as well, similar to the Sloan Fellows and MSX programs.

Originally posted by gh2021 on 30 Sep 2020, 11:48.
Last edited by gh2021 on 30 Sep 2020, 14:38, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos