Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 08:36 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 08:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
thebdouglas wrote:
Both are great programs and both admit quite different students (with some overlap)....I myself got dinged at HBS but was interviewed @ GSB (+ Haas & Anderson) and am hoping for an admit.

100% agree. I'm actually in the opposite boat. Eternal wait for Stanford, but interviewed at HBS (+Darden & LBS). Hoping for an invite from HBS. In hind-sight, I can definitely see that my style and therefore essays were much more HBS than Stanford material. Only wish I had realized that before submitting!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
esdykes wrote:
thebdouglas wrote:
Both are great programs and both admit quite different students (with some overlap)....I myself got dinged at HBS but was interviewed @ GSB (+ Haas & Anderson) and am hoping for an admit.

100% agree. I'm actually in the opposite boat. Eternal wait for Stanford, but interviewed at HBS (+Darden & LBS). Hoping for an invite from HBS. In hind-sight, I can definitely see that my style and therefore essays were much more HBS than Stanford material. Only wish I had realized that before submitting!

How would you differentiate the styles for HBS and Stanford? Just wondering what to expect for GSB application in R2. How did you realize that these styles are so different?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone heard from the joint MA Education/MBA?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
beefyg wrote:

I haven't. Who else applied and hasn't heard? I like to pretend that the reason I haven't heard yet is because they save us for last...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
machichi wrote:
beefyg wrote:

I haven't. Who else applied and hasn't heard? I like to pretend that the reason I haven't heard yet is because they save us for last...

I like to pretend that too, but it sounds like nothing has gone out in 1 week which is just a general bad sign
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
aerien wrote:
R1-ers awaiting decisions and R2/R3 applicants planning ahead -- here's some info about application notifications and decision notifications. NOTE: Based on this, it does not sound like any decisions will be released, via phone or otherwise, before the decision notification date (for R1 that's December 12). Good luck everyone!

When you submit your application via Hobson's ApplyYourself, you will receive an immediate message thanking you for your submission. Your application status in Hobson's ApplyYourself shows as "Submitted." Approximately two weeks after the application deadline, all applications are marked "Under Review." You will be contacted via email by our office if you are invited to interview; your application status will remain "Under Review." On the decision notification date, you will receive an email that the decision on your application has been posted. You will be directed to log into your Hobson's ApplyYourself account, where you will see your decision letter.

Source: https://stanford.edu/group/mba/blog/

I thought this was said almost every year, yet calls still went out. Can anyone confirm whether it was stated that notifications would be done via email or web, yet calls still went out in the past?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 441 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
Send PM
Calls will still go out for sure

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
beefyg wrote:
machichi wrote:
beefyg wrote:

I like to pretend that too, but it sounds like nothing has gone out in 1 week which is just a general bad sign

I also applied for the joint MA/MBA degree and have not heard anything. I'd be surprised if they saved any category of applicants until this late in the game though. Hope I'm wrong.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I like to pretend that too, but it sounds like nothing has gone out in 1 week which is just a general bad sign[/quote]

I also applied for the joint MA/MBA degree and have not heard anything. I'd be surprised if they saved any category of applicants until this late in the game though. Hope I'm wrong.[/quote]

Now there are three. Comeon anyone out there want to kill our hope with an MA/GSB invite.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [3]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Kudos
KillerApp wrote:
esdykes wrote:
thebdouglas wrote:

How would you differentiate the styles for HBS and Stanford? Just wondering what to expect for GSB application in R2. How did you realize that these styles are so different?

Others can chime in here but at a very superficial level, HBS focuses more on you as an individual leader and what you have overcome to achieve results through teams. You can see this in their essays: what have you done well. What do you wish you had done better? Both focused on me the individual.

Stanford in the other hand is looking for people that feel a deeper connection to improving the world through their leadership. It's similar but different from achieving results. This is reflected in the essay prompt of what matters most to you. Also, I think their tag line sums it up well - ending with change the world.

I'm not passing judgement on which is better, instead I think it's more a question of what drives you at your core that pushes you to achieve great things. It's a bit hard to describe, but this is at least my attempt. I would also throw out there that this is not 100% true but more of a general trend.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
beefyg wrote:
Comeon anyone out there want to kill our hope with an MA/GSB invite.

I'm applying to the MA Ed. + MBA and was invited to interview in early November.
International applicant (South America), WE in mgmt consulting + government.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jtjtjt wrote:
beefyg wrote:
Comeon anyone out there want to kill our hope with an MA/GSB invite.

I'm applying to the MA Ed. + MBA and was invited to interview in early November.
International applicant (South America), WE in mgmt consulting + government.

Hopes appropriately dashed. Whats the rest of your profile look like?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is it just me or did anyone else's status change to under review on applyyourself. I could have missed this in the past but I think it just happened.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.4
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
beefyg wrote:
Is it just me or did anyone else's status change to under review on applyyourself. I could have missed this in the past but I think it just happened.

I now see the following, though I may have just missed it earlier:

"Your application is complete and currently under review."

My Submission Status still shows as "Submitted".
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V49
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
Mine now also says under review. It only recently changed because I checked last week after interviewing and it still only said submitted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
beefyg wrote:

Which part of your status changed? If this is what it looked like before...

Submission Status: Submitted
Submitted Date: X
Your application is complete and currently under review.

Did the word "submitted" change to "under review"???
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
WE:Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Mine changed too. It still says "Submitted" but the "Your application is complete and currently under review." sentence appeared right below it.

This happened today as when I last logged in this morning my local time (10 hours ago) it wasn't there.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  54   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts