Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:55 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools: China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) - Class of 2014
GPA: 3.55
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 600 Q41 V32
GPA: 3.32
WE:General Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: Ask CEIBS [#permalink]
Dear Sir

GMAT-600...........(V31, Q41, AWA 4.5)
TOEFL - taking

Work Experience- 7 years
Age-32
Job- SME Finance and Micro Finance in Govt Bank
Post- Branch Manager
Recommendation- Can be safely assumed as the most generous.
Qualification- B. Sc. (Agriculture)- 83.33%, M. Sc. (Agriculture)-84.89 with fellowship, Some finance certifications
ECA- Student member of university senate, National Service Scheme, Played Chess and football for college, Represented University in debates etc

Family Background- Rural, eldest son of a farmer

I am not sure with this GMAT I shall stand a chance or not? I have seen some people getting selected with as low score as 640. But mine is abyssmal....Please guide shall I apply?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Any loan for Indian? Possible get admit by GMAT 640

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Send PM
The China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) has ranked 15th in the Financial Times 2013 global ranking of Full-time MBA programmes. Once again, CEIBS has the top-ranked MBA programme among business schools in mainland China and was one of the very few world class management institutions in Asia to make the FT list. CEIBS MBA has been among the Top 25 business schools worldwide for 9 consecutive years (2005 to 2013).

Highlights include:
- #2 in graduates’ salary three years after they completed the programme, ranked top 10 for 10 consecutive years.
- #8 e in alumni’s career progress
- #24 in value for money, a 25 point jump.
- #11 in employment rate at 3 months and international faculty.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Any loan for Indian?
Manager
Manager
Status:I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul!!
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi All,

Is his forum still active? Can I post questions and expect to get a reply. I do not find any other active CEBS forum. Can someone please guide me to the correct forum if this is not the one? Thanks for your help
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: CEIBS - Class of 2015
Send PM
jeetparicha85 wrote:
Hi All,

Is his forum still active? Can I post questions and expect to get a reply. I do not find any other active CEBS forum. Can someone please guide me to the correct forum if this is not the one? Thanks for your help

Hello,
I'm a current student of CEIBS. Please leave any questions you have.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Well I have quite a few queries, a few generic which might be of help to others as well, and one which pertains to my application.

I have a more general query and a tough decision to make. Please help me out.

- I took the GMAT on Dec 31st, and 640 was all I could manage. I am in a fix whether to go ahead with my CEIBS application this year or not. CEIBS is one of the top schools on my potential b-school list, and I do not want to lower my chances by being a re-applicant next year should I get dinged this year. Hence would you please help me in deciding if 640 is an okay score to be considered for admission by the school. The only thing that I probably can bank upon is close to 6 years of work experience, including 2 years of international work experience, by the time I start school in mid-2014.

Now, I have a few school specific questions. As my pre-MBA experience is in the IT sector, hence my questions would mostly target the IT function. -

- What kind of profiles are on offer to IT students who want to continue in IT? What are the principle IT companies hiring at the campus? Are the roles more aligned towards the Project Management stream or towards the Solutions and Product Development Stream?

- I am interested in a Business Development Manager kind of a role post-MBA. Are there any IT companies that offer a similar kind of a role at CEIBS? Are there any Strategic Consulting roles, in an IT function, on offer? Why I have specifically mentioned this query is coz a Business Development Manager kind of a role requires prior Sales Experience as well. Hence just wanted to understand if such IT + General Management roles are on offer or not.

- This may surely be a personal choice, but do IT students manage to transition their industry and specifically function to the Financial Industry or do they typically continue in the IT function? Again this question because, location like Hong Kong and Shanghai are global financial hubs. Hence just want to understand if finding a role in a financial function, irrespective of pre-MBA experience, is the tradition at the university?

- What are the IT-specific electives available at the school? I browsed through the website, and could not find any IT related electives. Marketing, Finance and Strategy & Entrepreneurship electives are abundant, but no IT specific stream. Also, are there chances of an elective opted by a student being rejected due to few students opting the particular elective?

- As the school has a very strong China Focus, which of course is my priority as I want to concentrate on the Mainland China region as well, I would like to know how does the school fare globally? I mean I do not mean just the rankings, but the reputation of the school outside of Mainland China. I want to understand this point because, as the field of IT is very uncertain I want to know if the reputation of the school can find a job elsewhere should the career takes a U-turn. Wanted to understand this aspect from a current student who is experiencing the program first-hand.

Thank you very much for your time in going through my lengthy email and in going through all my questions. That said I am in a real fix in determining if 640 is a safe score, especially as I would be applying close to end of R2, i.e. just before Feb 19th.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

1. CEIBS's average GMAT score is around 695, almost 700, and 80% of the people places in the rage of 680 ~ 730.
Usually GMAT score is used to prove your learning ability or intellegence, so that you need to provide other good numbers to prove it, such as high GPA.
As mentioned above, most (80%) of the students got over 680, so that you need to consider that your competitiveness is enough to recover those gaps.
3rd round is by April 10, so you can take one more GMAT before the submission.

2. Answers for the IT specific questions
- First, IT is only one of the sectors that CEIBS students get jobs, and getting jobs in a certain industry are highly dependent on students' career goals and firms' specific needs at that time. Please understand this point.

- After MBA, students want to go to general management, marketing, strategy teams of IT industy, if they pursue careers in the IT industry.
Top recruting companies in IT sectors are Microsoft, Amazon, eBay, Samsung etc.

- I'm not quite sure about wheter students from IT want to go to Finance or leave in IT. Because it is veeeeeery different from person to person.
But in case of any field exchanges, hiring companies prefer young candidates, because of less risks.

- Usually in any schools, courses are more focused on the functions such as strategy, marketing, finance, enterpreneurship etc.
If schools provide courses according to the industry, there would be too many courses for each industry, including pharmaceutical, energy, IT, heavy industry, aviation, food and beverage industry, construction industry and so on. IT is one of many industries.
However, I remember there are some electives courses according to the mega trend such as SNS or digital world.

- CEIBS has MBA and EMBA, unfortunately not undergraduates. So CEIBS is well known to MBA-hiring companies, at least in Asia, but can be less well-known to general companies, which rarely hire MBAs.

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks brightday . That was a lot of help.

Just one more query here. Is the admission process at CEIBS similar to the admissions process at US schools as well, i.e. are there significantly lower seats available in R3 in comparison with R1 and R2, and thus significantly lower acceptance rate in R3? :?: :(

Also, as per the website says international students may best avoid applying in R3 to avoid unforeseen delays in the visa process and in obtaining loans. Hence just wanted to check if this is a factor as well. What problems could arise by applying in R3, apart from of course competing for a limited no:of seats.

Also, I guess by the time I will be done with my GMAT re-take and by the time I will be done with my CEIBS application(essays+recos), R3 deadline would almost be approaching. I guess it would be extremely difficult to make the cut with such a stringent line. Please comment on that. I would like to hear a no to solace myself, but that said I acknowledge the situation :? :|
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

The number of students that school selects from R3 is not small, but the school can consider the diversification or some sort of conditions it want to achieve in the class of 2016. And I don't think there would be a limitation of Visa, because the school can miss valuable candidate if there is any limitation. After the school sends admission to R3 candidates, still students can have around 2 month before the MBA program starts.

It could be hard to do everything together: GMAT + essays. But whether you take the GMAT or not, you should start to think about at least brainstorming for your essay and interviews. Not only brainstorming but also writing and refining take times, and essays can be better as you take more time on them.

I don't know well about your situation, but you have to decide.
If you think all of your other factors, such as special work experiences, leadership experiences, multi-cultural experiences or extra curricular experiences etc, can be much better than other candidates, you can apply in R2. Although the major of students' GMAT scores are in the 680~730, but 20% is out of the range.
In R2, there will be more chances to get scholarships. Scholarships are decided by the CEIBS Adcom with the holistic evaluation of the candidate.

Or you can take one more GMAT and apply in R3.
Or you can take CEIBS Admission Test. It is mostly similar to GMAT, but it doesn't include AWA and IR. You can find more detailed information on CEIBS website.
(I don't know why, but I cannot link the address.) CEIBS admission test is only useful when you apply CEIBS.

Hope this comment can help you.
Good Luck ~!

jeetparicha85 wrote:
Thanks brightday . That was a lot of help.

Just one more query here. Is the admission process at CEIBS similar to the admissions process at US schools as well, i.e. are there significantly lower seats available in R3 in comparison with R1 and R2, and thus significantly lower acceptance rate in R3? :?: :(

Also, as per the website says international students may best avoid applying in R3 to avoid unforeseen delays in the visa process and in obtaining loans. Hence just wanted to check if this is a factor as well. What problems could arise by applying in R3, apart from of course competing for a limited no:of seats.

Also, I guess by the time I will be done with my GMAT re-take and by the time I will be done with my CEIBS application(essays+recos), R3 deadline would almost be approaching. I guess it would be extremely difficult to make the cut with such a stringent line. Please comment on that. I would like to hear a no to solace myself, but that said I acknowledge the situation :? :|
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi,

I have a few queries regarding the CEIBS application process. Can someone please help me out with my queries. I have only a couple of days remaining to submit my application in time for R2.

1. Photocopy of degree certificate / diplomas and official university transcripts - I understand we need to provide the university degree certificate. Is that all or do we need to provide any other certificates i.e. mark sheets etc.? Please clarify.

2. Photocopy of GMAT report - Do we need to submit a hard copy of the unofficial GMAT report, or will a soft copy suffice? Same question applies to the photocopy of official transcripts as well. Will a soft copy suffice?

3. Business card - On the application check list page, it is mentioned 'if applicable'. a little confused as to what does that mean? I am out of stock with my name card and hence cannot submit it on time for the R2 deadline. Is it okay to submit the name card at a later date? Also, is it mandatory to submit a copy of the name card?

4. SGS Scholarship form - Are international applicants eligible for SGS scholarship? If yes, can a scanned copy of the completed SGS scholarship application form be submitted?

Thanks a lot in advance for taking time to answer my queries.

Regards,
Jeet
Intern
Intern
Send PM
You'd better call to MBA office directly, because only one day left for Round 2.

jeetparicha85 wrote:
Hi,

I have a few queries regarding the CEIBS application process. Can someone please help me out with my queries. I have only a couple of days remaining to submit my application in time for R2.

1. Photocopy of degree certificate / diplomas and official university transcripts - I understand we need to provide the university degree certificate. Is that all or do we need to provide any other certificates i.e. mark sheets etc.? Please clarify.

2. Photocopy of GMAT report - Do we need to submit a hard copy of the unofficial GMAT report, or will a soft copy suffice? Same question applies to the photocopy of official transcripts as well. Will a soft copy suffice?

3. Business card - On the application check list page, it is mentioned 'if applicable'. a little confused as to what does that mean? I am out of stock with my name card and hence cannot submit it on time for the R2 deadline. Is it okay to submit the name card at a later date? Also, is it mandatory to submit a copy of the name card?

4. SGS Scholarship form - Are international applicants eligible for SGS scholarship? If yes, can a scanned copy of the completed SGS scholarship application form be submitted?

Thanks a lot in advance for taking time to answer my queries.

Regards,
Jeet
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
AnnouncementWelcome Back CEIBS Team!!

Dear Applicants,

It takes me immense pleasure to announce that Admission team of CEIBS is joining back GMAT Club forums. Mr.Roy Chason (Admission Director) and Mr.Yang Kan (Admission Executive), along with current students, Sushant Gupta (Class of 2016) and Sandra Shana Smith (Class of 2016) will be responding to applicants' questions in this thread.

Join me in welcoming CEIBS team and feel free to ask the questions you may have to CEIBS team.

Best Regards,
Narenn
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Hi,

I am an Indian Male (age 35) with 15 years of experience in Semi-Conductor industry. I am currently working in Hong Kong for 7 years as a Project Manager.

My GMAT Score - 710 (Quant - 50, Verbal - 35)

I want to accelerate my career growth by doing an MBA. I am aware of EMBA as a good option, however I would like to pursue a regular MBA which gives better Networking opportunities, more rigorous curriculum with more electives and confidence of placement opportunities.

I would like to apply to CEIBS. Located in Shanghai, it provides excellent opportunities post MBA in tech firms. I wonder do they have any upper age limit. If I have good application, what are my chances? Can application be rejected solely based on age and high experience?

Regards,
Hemanth
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived CEIBS Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our CEIBS Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated CEIBS Forum for all fresh things related to the CEIBS MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts