Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 20:44 It is currently 05 May 2024, 20:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
WE:Accounting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [1]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
Submitted for R2. Best of luck, everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 76 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Schools: AGSM '16
Send PM
Does anyone know how I could remove/delete my GMAT score from the application? I sent an official copy of the GMAT to Booth when I took the test and this reflects on my application but I want to submit my GRE score instead. I know I can submit both but I want the school to consider just the GRE.

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [1]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
Kudos
AceofSpades wrote:
Does anyone know how I could remove/delete my GMAT score from the application? I sent an official copy of the GMAT to Booth when I took the test and this reflects on my application but I want to submit my GRE score instead. I know I can submit both but I want the school to consider just the GRE.

Thanks.

On the application they ask you to input your test score. Only enter your GRE information on the application. They don't match your official records to your application for a LONG time. In fact, I was admitted in R1 and they still haven't matched my official copy to my application. Also, they will only look for your GRE official score if that's the only one you put on your application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Guys, another questions.

In the employment section, they ask you to input a description of your job. I have written a pretty good and long one, but if I preview it in the pdf half of it is cut off.

Also they say in the instructions: "Your responses within the free-text boxes in each employment record must be limited to 450 characters within 7 lines"

Do I understand it correctly, that this description can be maximum 450 characters / 7 lines long?
Many thanks for your help!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Send PM
BankerRUS wrote:
Guys, another questions.

In the employment section, they ask you to input a description of your job. I have written a pretty good and long one, but if I preview it in the pdf half of it is cut off.

Also they say in the instructions: "Your responses within the free-text boxes in each employment record must be limited to 450 characters within 7 lines"

Do I understand it correctly, that this description can be maximum 450 characters / 7 lines long?
Many thanks for your help!

Yeah it seems you understand correctly, but ultimately it needs to all show on the PDF. That should be your final check. Assume that the adcom will be able to see only what is in the PDF. Also make sure you are thinking characters not words, and in case you didn't already know-spaces count as characters.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 267 [0]
Given Kudos: 134
Concentration: Healthcare, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V45
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi all, can anybody advise me on the procedure for applying to the "Certificate in Health Administration and Policy"? the reason I'm confused is because there is a ballistic 1000 word essay which asks you to describe why you're pursuing a dual degree option. However, I don't think the Certificate is a dual degree. BUT, its listed under the Joint Degree option: https://www.chicagobooth.edu/programs/fu ... int-degree

Another link below says that to get into it, you should submit another application after you get in to the MBA; any help appreciated!
https://www.chicagobooth.edu/programs/fu ... ion-policy

Originally posted by Aximili85 on 05 Jan 2013, 18:34.
Last edited by Aximili85 on 06 Jan 2013, 08:00, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Just a quick question: does Chicago Booth provide loan for living expenses (in addition to tuition fee) for international students?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Cost of living is factored into the student budget. There is one student budget that applies to all students. You have to petition to get the amount increased if you have circumstances that require more money. Students can take loans up to the amount of the total student budget minus any scholarship money received.
starlight1 wrote:
Just a quick question: does Chicago Booth provide loan for living expenses (in addition to tuition fee) for international students?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
hey was curious i saw the following question on site
Please provide a written letter of recommendation. Be sure to include how the applicant ranks comparative to his/her peer group. Other items to consider are the applicant's:

Most salient strengths
Areas of development, including efforts the applicant has taken to show improvement
Team skills and leadership ability
Initiative, curiosity, and motivation
Other matters which you feel we should know about the applicant

the word limit is not mentioned..is it just one question without word limit?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Hey guys, did all of you fill in all 12 or even more extracurricular / community involvement activities in the "activities" section. It is pretty extensive!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
BankerRUS wrote:
Hey guys, did all of you fill in all 12 or even more extracurricular / community involvement activities in the "activities" section. It is pretty extensive!

I did not, no.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
BankerRUS wrote:

I did 12+
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
BankerRUS wrote:

You don't have to fill all of them. It's OK to have some empty space in your application.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Hello, my TOEFL results haven't arrived at booth admission office (sent 9 days ago). I did report in the application about it, and it shows as "self reported".
Do you think there's a problem with submitting it this way?

Thanks!

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:
Hello, my TOEFL results haven't arrived at booth admission office (sent 9 days ago). I did report in the application about it, and it shows as "self reported".
Do you think there's a problem with submitting it this way?

Thanks!

See this note at the top of your application status screen...

"It can take time to process materials. We appreciate your patience and ask that you wait four (4) weeks following the application deadline for materials that were sent separately, such as test scores (GMAT, TOEFL, etc.), transcripts, and recommendations, to appear as having been received. We will contact you if we have not received your materials by that time."

I was actually admitted in R1 and my GMAT still hasn't been matched to my application, so don't worry.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
Send PM
Aximili85 wrote:
Hi all, can anybody advise me on the procedure for applying to the "Certificate in Health Administration and Policy"? the reason I'm confused is because there is a ballistic 1000 word essay which asks you to describe why you're pursuing a dual degree option. However, I don't think the Certificate is a dual degree. BUT, its listed under the Joint Degree option: https://www.chicagobooth.edu/programs/fu ... int-degree

Another link below says that to get into it, you should submit another application after you get in to the MBA; any help appreciated!
https://www.chicagobooth.edu/programs/fu ... ion-policy

I just applied for the full-time MBA (no Joint Degree) and checked 'Yes' when asked if I was interested in the Graduate Program in Health Administration and Policy (GPHAP). As you mentioned, it appears that you apply for this program AFTER being admitted to Booth. The system did not prompt me to submit the 1,000 word Joint Degree essay.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: CBS '16 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
hi all,
I came across the following chat from last year's student - adcom chat transcript.

"alan: My first essay exceeds 20 words of your 300 words maximum. Is that acceptable?
Eddie: We really want you to follow the instructions and keep it under the word limit. Try reviewing your response and see if you can edit it."

My essays for this year are 518/500 words for essay 1, 220/200 words for essay 2A and 218/220 words for essay 2b.

Do you guys suggest that the word count limit be strictly followed?
Were there any acceptances in R1 with actual essay word count being greater than suggested word count?

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  84   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts