Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 00:08 It is currently 07 May 2024, 00:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Other
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GRE 1: Q49 V41
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
brosnan6 wrote:
Shawshank wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:
Can anybody give advice on the best place to stay - heading out to Tuck for an interview.

I've seen the hotels on the school's website, but they're crazy expensive. Does the school have a hookup of some sort on a discounted rate

Hanover Inn has a discount for those interviewing at tuck. It's $159/night. Still a bit pricy for hanover but i couldn't find anything cheaper.

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Lebanon (~5 mins away from school) for around $130 in October, if I recall correctly. There was a Residence Inn in a similar price range that was a few minutes further away

$209/nt for jan 23-24 at courtyard

$159/nt at residence inn
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
LadyRoadWarrior wrote:
Hammz,
I don't think you can interview before the app comes out, but two trips to Hano is better than 1 if you really truly want to understand the culture up here. That said, you know enough about Tuck and know enough Tuckies to just do a single visit and do just fine.

hamm0 wrote:
Hey future Tuckies and current applicants.

Was looking to get some advice from some of you. I'm looking at applying in the fall of this year, but want to visit as I have some down time in the next few months. For those of you that self-initiated, when did you do it? Is March/May too early? (will they even let me interview at this point for 2014 intake, or are they too busy with the 13's...?) I'd hate to visit, apply, then go back to interview. Its not an easy trip even though i'm stateside.

Thanks LRW.

I think I'll just wait till the app comes out to visit then!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
bigcountry wrote:
Anyone else feel that 3/15 can't come soon enough? Glad I'm traveling a lot for work lately :)

Same, really want that March date to see if I inevitably wasted a deposit elsewhere :lol: . I, luckily, am travelling a lot, too. It really really helps.

RE: LODGING:
I stayed across the river in White River Junction, very inexpensive ~100-130 a night and nice. Quick commute over in the morning.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Does the admission committee confirm that they received you resume for the self initiated interview? I sent mine a couple of days ago and have not heard anything back, I'm interviewing next Thursday, any insight on this?

Thanks in advance!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
thanks for all the pointers on where to stay - I just assumed the on campus hotels would be cheap. Guess I'll have to stay a little further away.

Did you guys walk over or do they have shuttles to Tuck?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1176 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Marketing
Schools:IE'14, ISB'14, Kellogg'15
 Q47  V26 GMAT 2: 540  Q45  V19 GMAT 3: 580  Q48  V23
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 7 Yrs in Automobile (Commercial Vehicle industry)
Send PM
Any idea when Tuck starts inviting for off-campus interview for R2 (international) applicants?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Guys, when could we anticipate the date of interview invite for R3 internationals? My app was marked as "completed" on Jan 14.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
bluegmat700 wrote:
Does the admission committee confirm that they received you resume for the self initiated interview? I sent mine a couple of days ago and have not heard anything back, I'm interviewing next Thursday, any insight on this?

Thanks in advance!!

I didn't get a confirmation when I emailed it in. In fact, when I arrived I was asked if I had a copy of my resume, which I did. My interviewer skimmed it over in front of me and didn't have a chance to read it beforehand. Best bet is to bring an extra hard copy.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2013
Send PM
hamm0 wrote:
LadyRoadWarrior wrote:
Hammz,
I don't think you can interview before the app comes out, but two trips to Hano is better than 1 if you really truly want to understand the culture up here. That said, you know enough about Tuck and know enough Tuckies to just do a single visit and do just fine.

hamm0 wrote:
Hey future Tuckies and current applicants.

Was looking to get some advice from some of you. I'm looking at applying in the fall of this year, but want to visit as I have some down time in the next few months. For those of you that self-initiated, when did you do it? Is March/May too early? (will they even let me interview at this point for 2014 intake, or are they too busy with the 13's...?) I'd hate to visit, apply, then go back to interview. Its not an easy trip even though i'm stateside.

Thanks LRW.

I think I'll just wait till the app comes out to visit then!

I agree with LadyRoadWarrior. If you want to truly understand culture and have time/$ to visit twice do it. It will get you better prepared for the interview.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2013
Send PM
CobraKai wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:

Thanks in advance!!

I didn't get a confirmation when I emailed it in. In fact, when I arrived I was asked if I had a copy of my resume, which I did. My interviewer skimmed it over in front of me and didn't have a chance to read it beforehand. Best bet is to bring an extra hard copy.

I wouldn't worry about it. Admissions is pretty good about the resumes and during busy times they receive a lot of them. Just have a copy of it with you to be on a safer side.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
eestineiu wrote:
CobraKai wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:

Thanks in advance!!

I wouldn't worry about it. Admissions is pretty good about the resumes and during busy times they receive a lot of them. Just have a copy of it with you to be on a safer side.

CobraKai & eestineiu

Thanks for the feedback I'll make sure to bring along some printed copies just in case. Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Booked the Six South hotel for $99 bucks. At first they said they could do something around 150 and I said I'd look elsewhere at which point I go the "on the whim" rate. Apparently walking distance to Tuck so I'm ok with it. Now on to actually prepping for this thing!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
I stayed at Norwich Inn

https://www.yelp.com/biz/norwich-inn-norwich-2

~$180 per night. Very rustic. There is a free shuttle that takes you right to the Dartmouth Coach station.

Not going to lie, its gonna be a big change moving from SF to Hanover. I couldn't get a taxi when I arrived (3pm on a Wednesday)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
WE:Account Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
SOURH7WK wrote:
Any idea when Tuck starts inviting for off-campus interview for R2 (international) applicants?

Same question here. Does anyone know?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Equil1briuM wrote:
SOURH7WK wrote:

Same question here. Does anyone know?

Same. Seems the deadline for Jan Round interview is Jan 31, only a week away. If any internationals get invites, please let us know.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: CBS '16
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Hey,
Same for me. International applicant based in Europe. I did apply in Round 2, didn't receive any feedback from them at the moment, and was wondering if it would be useful to visit the school in February (and ask for an interview in the same time). I guess they are more restrictive in granting off campus interviews, compared to Kellogg for ex..
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Has anyone done the interview yet? Mine is Friday, and I'm leaving work early tomorrow to fly out to NH.

I've read that the interviews are fairly standard (ask about resume, why Tuck, why MBA, why now, questions about fit, etc). I'm definitely making sure I'm prepared in that respect, but anyone have a different experience? I read that the on-campus interviews are done by second year students. A co-worker just went and said that the interviewer was very friendly, which is heartening.

Though I'm nervous for the interview, I am really excited to go visit Tuck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  30   31   32   33   34   35   36  ...  60   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts