Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:14 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: LBS '14 (S)
Send PM
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
If I've applied to the Jan round w/o applicant initiated interview and I haven't received school initiated interview yet - may I say that I am dinged?

BTW int'l applicant here.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [2]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
reddevil00 wrote:
If I've applied to the Jan round w/o applicant initiated interview and I haven't received school initiated interview yet - may I say that I am dinged?

With all due respect, you can say whatever you want, and so can anyone here. It would still be a guess. Decisions are released on March 15th. I think that if by March 10th you are still not invited, maybe it's a lost cause. Until then, there's no need to be pessimistic, there is still more than 20 days to go!
Sorry for being so straightforward, but sometimes people get so freaked out about this process that they can't see things as they really are.
I'm also an international applicant (Jan round), and some of us have already been invited and interviewed, but some haven't. I honestly believe it's an ongoing process, they are still going to invite some people.

Be positive!!! Things are not over until the fat lady sings!

Best of luck to you!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Send PM
bizwiz84 wrote:
reddevil00 wrote:

Be positive!!! Things are not over until the fat lady sings!

Agree with Bizwiz - especially since you're an international applicant. Much easier to arrange a skype interview a couple of days later (especially since applicant initiated interviews are over for the January Round) rather than if you a domestic applicant that had to book a flight to Hanover.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
GRE 1: Q790 V750
GPA: 3.65
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Have any other admits received emails from Tuck faculty?

A Tuck professor reached out to me by email and we talked on the phone this morning. Apparently, he was given the task of selling me on the program and he's an expert in my general field. We do this type of thing all the time in consulting after we give someone a job offer, but I didn't know business schools did it.

I told him the truth. Tuck is my top choice and if my fiancee can find a post-doc at Darmouth, I will probably accept the offer.
Director
Director
Send PM
HinConsulting wrote:

A Tuck professor reached out to me by email and we talked on the phone this morning. Apparently, he was given the task of selling me on the program and he's an expert in my general field. We do this type of thing all the time in consulting after we give someone a job offer, but I didn't know business schools did it.

I told him the truth. Tuck is my top choice and if my fiancee can find a post-doc at Darmouth, I will probably accept the offer.

They really want you there. Out of curiousity, why are you still applying to other schools? Tuck is ranked higher than every other school you are applying to?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
GRE 1: Q790 V750
GPA: 3.65
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:
HinConsulting wrote:

They really want you there. Out of curiousity, why are you still applying to other schools? Tuck is ranked higher than every other school you are applying to?

I'm not applying to any more schools, I'm just waiting to find out about interviews/admissions now.

I won't commit to anything yet because there's a chance that my fiancee won't find a post-doc at Dartmouth and I'm willing to go to a school that's lower on my list if it means keeping my family together. It's also possible that Tuck doesn't offer my the Consortium Fellowship but any school does offer money, then I'd have to weigh my options carefully. Ceteris paribus, I will go to Tuck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
WE:Account Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
omnivorous wrote:
Equil1briuM wrote:
SOURH7WK wrote:
Any idea when Tuck starts inviting for off-campus interview for R2 (international) applicants?

Same question here. Does anyone know?

Same. Seems the deadline for Jan Round interview is Jan 31, only a week away. If any internationals get invites, please let us know.

Same here. Applied in R2 but haven't received a word from Tuck. I'ved emailed the admission office and they confirmed that the 31 Jan interview deadline only applied to on-campus interview. For off-campus interview, the interview deadline will be (implicitly near) the decison date in March.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [4]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
WE:Analyst (Insurance)
Send PM
Kudos
So, now I have finally made my decision. I paid the deposit yesterday. It actually felt pretty good to spend those $2,500. Now I'm really looking forward to get started in August. I hope to see many fellow gmatclubbers in Hanover.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Vargen wrote:
So, now I have finally made my decision. I paid the deposit yesterday. It actually felt pretty good to spend those $2,500. Now I'm really looking forward to get started in August. I hope to see many fellow gmatclubbers in Hanover.

Congrats! I am not quite there yet, so I envy that feeling! :lol:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Invited to interview! Though chances might be slim for Jan Round internationals, I will give my best shot. Meanwhile, I am curious about the admission rate for international who got invited to interview. Could any international admits please share a thought?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
omnivorous wrote:
Invited to interview! Though chances might be slim for Jan Round internationals, I will give my best shot. Meanwhile, I am curious about the admission rate for international who got invited to interview. Could any international admits please share a thought?

Congrats! That's definitely a positive sign. I'm not sure what the admission rate for internationals who gets interview invites is. You might want to read the 2012 Tuck Calling All Applicants thread to get some idea.
Director
Director
Send PM
I submitted my app in round 2 and it still says "completed" and not "under review"? Anything alarming?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:
I submitted my app in round 2 and it still says "completed" and not "under review"? Anything alarming?

I think the status will only be changed till you get an interview invitation or ding
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE:Information Technology (Insurance)
Send PM
I have no idea how I'm going to survive the next 17 days. I already want to throw up.

Tuck, please say yes!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
kschmidt1801 wrote:
I have no idea how I'm going to survive the next 17 days. I already want to throw up.

Tuck, please say yes!

Don't forget: Tuck is going to send you an email on March 8 that'll make your heart skip a beat. It's just a friendly reminder that decisions will be available by 5:00PM on March 15 - as if you didn't already know that.
Director
Director
Send PM
I have been seeing lot of Tuck related dreams lately, some good and some bad. Does any know what area code do calls come from?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:
I have been seeing lot of Tuck related dreams lately, some good and some bad. Does any know what area code do calls come from?

new hampshire is 603
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  40   41   42   43   44   45   46  ...  60   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts