Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 03:10 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V45
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Yes, I received the same e-mail from career services. Why are they toying with my head? Why can't they just send an interview invite already?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
:x :( :o :shock:
I guess no US invites have gone out yet?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
hern007 wrote:
Yes, I received the same e-mail from career services. Why are they toying with my head? Why can't they just send an interview invite already?

Did any of you guys receive an invitation to chat with a current student from your geography or in your field of interest?
And if you did did you use that opportunity?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
yes i chatted. Can't hurt.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Send PM
Any word on when they might send interview invites to US applicants for R3?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Are they ever going to send out R3 invites?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V34
Send PM
Kudos
From what some of the current students (who applied in R3) are telling me, Haas is usually slow with the applications in this round.
So don't lose hope, my good people!! :)
They also told me that they are pretty quick once the interview process starts.

I expect that the majority of R3 interview invites will start from next week and last till the last week of March.

Keep fighting the good fight!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I know someone that got invited to interview last week, Latin America based.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Schools: Haas '15 (A)
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Everyone,

I was admitted in R2 -

Just sharing some tips on the interview. Like what most have mentioned, the interview is generally very casual and conversational.

The common questions are:
1. Walk me through your resume (at various stages the interviewer interjected with questions);
2. How did you demonstrate leadership at this juncture of your career?
3. Why do you want to pursue an MBA? Why now?
4. What are your medium to long term goals, and how do you think Haas fits in with your ideals?

Be sure to keep the interviewer engaged by sharing stories along the way; I found it generally useful to remind myself what he/she would be looking for (i.e. what are the traits he/she would have to qualify about you in the feedback form to Haas!) A smooth pace is important; don't get dislocated if the interviewer interrupts you - try to wrap up your point quickly if it is unfinished, then go straight to answering the question being asked. Also, don't go talking off too much about yourself; it would probably be wise to talk about what you learnt / demonstrated in going through your CV, and not just talk about what you did.

Hope that helps! Good luck.

PS: Am wondering how many pple admitted applied for scholarships? Any word out on these yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
GWong28 wrote:

PS: Am wondering how many pple admitted applied for scholarships? Any word out on these yet?

Hi GWong28, I submitted my scholarship application on March 1st (with all those lovely essays...) and apparently we should hear back on the 15th for most of the scholarships...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Schools: Haas '15 (A)
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
rsanchezprandi wrote:
GWong28 wrote:

Hi GWong28, I submitted my scholarship application on March 1st (with all those lovely essays...) and apparently we should hear back on the 15th for most of the scholarships...

Thanks rsanchez. I only got notified that I was accepted about a week before the scholarship review deadline - so I only ended up managing to complete my application for one of the scholarships. Fingers crossed! Though apparently previous threads indicate that chances of getting a scholarship are pretty slim!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
anyone else going crazy waiting for an interview? has anyone gotten an invite last week to date?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
rocky312 wrote:
anyone else going crazy waiting for an interview? has anyone gotten an invite last week to date?

I'm going crazy waiting for an interview too! And no invite yet.. Things have gotten quiet around here.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
An international got interview invite in R3 this week? Submitted two months ago and it's like throwing a stone into the sea...Only a month towards the R3 decision and still hear nothing. Shall I view it as a withering chance? Thanks.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
It doesn't seem like anyone from the US got invited. Perhaps there is still hope :?: :?: :shock: :shock:
Current Student
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V34
Send PM
Hey all, there is a chat session with the adcom on Friday, the 15th at 10am PT.

It's a good opportunity to ask them about the seeming lack of activity.

https://mba.haas.berkeley.edu/admissions/chat.html
Manager
Manager
Send PM
As a public service message, I just got the following e-mail from Haas:

Dear XX,

Greetings once again from Berkeley! It has been several weeks since you submitted your Haas application and I am sure you’re wondering what’s going on behind the scenes. At this point, I wanted to shed some light on the application process and address a few of the common questions we’ve received:

I have not yet received an invitation to interview. What does that mean? It means that we are still reviewing applications. The Admissions Committee values the effort you put into this process and every application is reviewed by at least two readers. We have already sent out a number of interview invitations, but we will continue to invite candidates to interview over the next month up to the notification deadline.

What happens if I don’t get an invitation to interview? You should not be discouraged if you do not receive an interview invitation by the notification date; we typically invite around 25% of our candidates to interview. Some applicants will be offered a place on the waitlist without having been interviewed. These waitlisted candidates are welcome to schedule an interview after the notification date.

I have an important application update I’d like to share, is that possible? Since we are already well into reviewing applications we cannot guarantee that your new information will be considered. However, you are welcome to submit it to mbaadm@haas.berkeley.edu. Someone on our team will follow-up if necessary.

I already had my interview. What happens now? As hard as it is to do, you wait. Your interviewer will submit their evaluation and the Admissions Committee will consider it in addition to the rest of your application. All admissions decisions will be released on the notification date.

Can I expedite a decision before the notification deadline? Unfortunately, we cannot expedite an admissions decision under any circumstances.

If I am admitted, what happens next? First, you celebrate! As you know this is a very competitive process so you are among a select group. You should be on the lookout for follow-up emails from Admissions, Financial Aid and current students with important dates, events, and ways to continue to connect with our community.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  37   38   39   40   41   42   43  ...  49   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts