Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 04:49 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
WE:Marketing (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
highwyre237 wrote:
Hey everyone, thanks for a great app season. A special thanks goes out to ThreeStripes, Aerien, and all my fellow WLers waiting for a spot. Thanks for all the help along the way, and good luck.
<----
Officially heading to Johnson.

Definitely wish you the best. Was certainly hoping to see you at Duke in the autumn and us both get good news. Best wishes for you at Johnson.

Some anecdotes about med school waitlists:

1) My lady just graduated last weekend with her MD and was waitlisted everywhere before acceptance.

2) I had moved into a new city for med school, before I got the call that I was in elsewhere, literally amidst unpacking, and had to move (again...and break a lease) to the new city at the drop of a hat. I do not regret it one bit.

3) One of my friends got into Vandy off of the waitlist literally the day before the white coat ceremony. Nashville real estate is terrible, so she had to live in a hotel for the first two months of med school.

So anyway, just a few tidbits (hopefully encouraging) about the craziness of summer waitlist movement.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
highwyre237 wrote:
Hey everyone, thanks for a great app season. A special thanks goes out to ThreeStripes, Aerien, and all my fellow WLers waiting for a spot. Thanks for all the help along the way, and good luck.
<----

Ahhh Congrats on the decision (at least if it sticks past Monday ;) )!!! Best wishes in Ithaca!!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
aerien wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
<----

Ahhh Congrats on the decision (at least if it sticks past Monday ;) )!!! Best wishes in Ithaca!!

Ditto!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Add my name of the WL. R3 applicant who interviewed last month.

Also, a good friend who is an admissions fellow told me yesterday that Duke had a strong R2 yield this year, especially from domestic applicants and seems like the major movement, if any, will be for int'l applicants. I have higher hopes from Kellogg.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
GRE 1: Q800 V770
Send PM
rocket1741 wrote:

Also, a good friend who is an admissions fellow told me yesterday that Duke had a strong R2 yield this year, especially from domestic applicants and seems like the major movement, if any, will be for int'l applicants. I have higher hopes from Kellogg.

Visa Paperwork Deadline for International Students was April 26, so I do not think the Duke will be sending admission offers to International Applicants.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Cossack wrote:
rocket1741 wrote:

Visa Paperwork Deadline for International Students was April 26, so I do not think the Duke will be sending admission offers to International Applicants.

A guy on this forum got his admit on 10th May, so I think that you can still get a visa.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
WE:Marketing (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Anybody heard anything today yet? Didn't get any updates on Friday, wondering if I should just call the admissions office today after 12pm PST to confirm if I have been officially moved onto the summer wl... more waits ahead, but at least there is hope.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rebeccablote wrote:
Anybody heard anything today yet? Didn't get any updates on Friday, wondering if I should just call the admissions office today after 12pm PST to confirm if I have been officially moved onto the summer wl... more waits ahead, but at least there is hope.

I don't think we were supposed to hear anything today. You can call and confirm your place on WL. Let me know what you hear back - I think we all are on summer waitlist.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Guys - I need your opinion: How many current student/alum recommendations are appropriate to send? I have only sent 1, but now thinking of flooding the gates, but not sure what the optimal number should be.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Kudos
highwyre237 wrote:
<----

Thanks for the special mention. I am sorry that you were forced to make this decision. Johnson is a great school, and by all means start preparing for your move to Ithaca. However, I would recommend that you not withdraw your application anyway. Wait for the final decision so that you would never have to wonder if you would have been accepted had you waited. Good luck! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi all - checked re still being waitlisted, and the response I got was that Round 3 decisions were released and no admissions decisions have been made to those waitlisted. I also was told that typically they make changes to the waitlist in mid to late June.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jasarn wrote:
Hi all - checked re still being waitlisted, and the response I got was that Round 3 decisions were released and no admissions decisions have been made to those waitlisted. I also was told that typically they make changes to the waitlist in mid to late June.

Strange, given the fact that someone report an admit from WL yesterday. Did you call them? DId they say anything about how much movement will it be?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rocket1741 wrote:
jasarn wrote:

Strange, given the fact that someone report an admit from WL yesterday. Did you call them? DId they say anything about how much movement will it be?

I emailed - Id suggest others email/call to confirm. I agree with the skepticism due to the reports of people being admitted off the wait list.

I didn't ask re how much movement there would be as I know the line will be 'it depends' or 'we don't know yet'. I also figured they are waiting for the deposit deadline to pass.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jasarn wrote:
rocket1741 wrote:
jasarn wrote:

I emailed - Id suggest others email/call to confirm. I agree with the skepticism due to the reports of people being admitted off the wait list.

I didn't ask re how much movement there would be as I know the line will be 'it depends' or 'we don't know yet'. I also figured they are waiting for the deposit deadline to pass.

Yeah. My worry biggest fear is that they are overbooked and looking to subtract (voluntary dropping out of students). As I mentioned above, a friend mentioned that they had a higher than expected yield in R2. Also, looking at the FB group, there were only couple additions from Friday which shows that they only admitted handful of R3 students.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
jasarn wrote:

hi - this seems like a strange answer from adcom given that WL decisions were made on 3/10 (in the form of dings)
maybe they meant that no one from the WL has been admitted (again that seems odd seeing as how a few ppl reported that friends of friends had been admitted to Fuqua off the WL)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
soniaj wrote:
jasarn wrote:

hi - this seems like a strange answer from adcom given that WL decisions were made on 3/10 (in the form of dings)
maybe they meant that no one from the WL has been admitted (again that seems odd seeing as how a few ppl reported that friends of friends had been admitted to Fuqua off the WL)

yeah, I don't know what to tell ya .. just wanted to report what I learned this morning for the benefit of all. If anyone hears anything else, please post it!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
jasarn wrote:
soniaj wrote:
jasarn wrote:

Thanks a lot for the update, Jasarn. Mid-June wait list update does sound consistent with some of the things I have heard from my sources but I would think at that point they only have like 2-3 seats to fill for last minute drops and rounding out the class. I guess most of us waitlisted here were hoping for a big push given historical yield of Duke has been pretty low..

I guess not the case this year... just our luck ;)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  31   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts