Last visit was: 18 May 2024, 12:25 It is currently 18 May 2024, 12:25
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
 1   2   3  ...  71   
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10062 [4]
Given Kudos: 4547
Test: Test
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 3: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink]
Holy cow. We're starting early this year. Count me in!

https://lastchancemba.blogspot.com
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools: Sloan '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Count me in for round 1.
Darden School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
I am in for Booth..but not sure R1 or R2..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I wish I had time for R1, but I don't want to rush any applications.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
MBAUnderDOG wrote:
I wish I had time for R1, but I don't want to rush any applications.

Me neither, that's why I went in for R2. It's important to apply when your application is ready. Good luck to all applicants for this season. We'll be hanging around if you have questions.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Attended an info session today. Expect essays to be out by end of June - mid July.
Darden School Moderator
Send PM
Received a mail today "Booth MBA Insider"..there was an article on 'Preparing for Fall application'. No mention of tentative essays release date as yet..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V42
Send PM
Count me in, good luck everyone...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.34
WE:Research (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
decided to go for R2..plz count me in
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Kudos
Do you think that the essay questions for Class of 2016 will be posted next week or in two weeks?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.9
WE:Asset Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Count me in for R1/2!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [2]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Kudos
Essay questions are out
https://www.chicagobooth.edu/programs/full-time/admissions/apply/essay-questions

Quote:
Short Answer Essays
Please respond to the following two essay prompts:

a. My favorite part of my work is... (250 words maximum)
b. I started to think differently when... (250 words maximum)

Presentation/Essay
The Chicago experience will take you deeper into issues, force you to challenge assumptions, and broaden your perspective. In a four-slide presentation or an essay of no more than 600 words, broaden our perspective about who you are. Understanding what we currently know about you from the rest of the application, what else would you like us to know?

Presentation/Essay Guidelines
We have set forth the following guidelines:

The content is completely up to you. There is no right, or even preferred, approach to this essay. Feel free to use the software with which you are most comfortable. Acceptable formats for upload in the online application system are PowerPoint, Word, or PDF. However, we suggest converting your file to a PDF to preserve your intended formatting.
There is a strict maximum of four pages (presentation) or 600 words (essay), though you can provide fewer if you choose. All content must fit within four pages (presentation) or 600 words (essay).
The file size is limited to 16 MB.
The document will be viewed electronically, but we cannot support embedded videos, music, hyperlinks, or motion images.
The file will be evaluated on the quality of content and ability to convey your ideas, not on technical expertise.

Reapplicant Question: Upon reflection, how has your perspective regarding your future, Chicago Booth, and/or getting an MBA changed since the time of your last application? (300 words maximum)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [1]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Kudos
Deadlines too
https://www.chicagobooth.edu/programs/full-time/admissions

Quote:
Round 1 October 3, 2013
Round 2 January 8, 2014
Round 3 April 3, 2014
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [0]
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
Thanks Domotron - ask and you shall receive, eh? At least 1 for 3 ain't bad!

As many schools are doing, Booth switched things up this year too - but in a totally different way from the others. Whereas the career goals essay has been a staple for them since, like, forever, they've ditched that question entirely! The EssaySnark team is working on a new application guide for Booth - it requires careful handling.

Thankfully they increased the size of those short-answer questions - they were only 200 words last year - another +50 may not sound like much but it's oodles more, so that will help. People had a tough time last year.

There's a Booth chat next week too so great opportunity to hit the adcom up directly about these changes for anyone who's planning on Round 1!

EssaySnark
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
essaysnark wrote:
Thanks Domotron - ask and you shall receive, eh? At least 1 for 3 ain't bad!

As many schools are doing, Booth switched things up this year too - but in a totally different way from the others. Whereas the career goals essay has been a staple for them since, like, forever, they've ditched that question entirely! The EssaySnark team is working on a new application guide for Booth - it requires careful handling.

Thankfully they increased the size of those short-answer questions - they were only 200 words last year - another +50 may not sound like much but it's oodles more, so that will help. People had a tough time last year.

There's a Booth chat next week too so great opportunity to hit the adcom up directly about these changes for anyone who's planning on Round 1!

EssaySnark

EssaySnark,
What do you guys think the content of the 3rd Essay should be this year in comparison to last years'? Given that we have only 2 essays & 500 words to work with in trying to explain the overarching experiences and content that we think Booth should hear about us. I think traditionally people (including me) used the powerpoint slide question to give a life story/overview.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [0]
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
randomwalk wrote:
What do you guys think the content of the 3rd Essay should be this year in comparison to last years'? Given that we have only 2 essays & 500 words to work with in trying to explain the overarching experiences and content that we think Booth should hear about us. I think traditionally people (including me) used the powerpoint slide question to give a life story/overview.

Good question, randomwalk (great username btw).

Traditionally the Booth PowerPoint has been a great way to present the life story stuff as you've stated, and that's what many have done and seen success. And we don't really see how things need to change this time. Last year there was also just the two short-answer prompts - they were in fact even shorter, at just 200 words each. The main difference of course is there was also a standard career goals question, which is not there this time. We're gonna be talking about that on the blahg tomorrow.

What we invite you to do with this set of Booth prompts is look at the school. They've changed their tactics, but the prompt for the Booth presentation is actually the same as what they had last year. Has the school changed from last year? Or is it the same awesome place with the same great offering - and the same culture, and value prop, and people, and values?

If the answer to that question is no, that the school is indeed the same, and if this open-ended question that they're asking is the same, then we think it's a fine strategy to proceed with what's worked in the past - and a presentation of a life story is one example of that. Certainly not the only way to go, but we can green-light that idea as one that can work.

As always, it all comes down to the execution, and we're talking in hypotheticals and concepts here - not everyone's "life story" (in terms of how they construct it in a PPT) is created equal. YMMV and all that. But conceptually, sure, we don't see no problem with that - as one possible choice among many.

EssaySnark
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
essaysnark wrote:
Good question, randomwalk (great username btw).

Traditionally the Booth PowerPoint has been a great way to present the life story stuff as you've stated, and that's what many have done and seen success. And we don't really see how things need to change this time. Last year there was also just the two short-answer prompts - they were in fact even shorter, at just 200 words each. The main difference of course is there was also a standard career goals question, which is not there this time. We're gonna be talking about that on the blahg tomorrow.

What we invite you to do with this set of Booth prompts is look at the school. They've changed their tactics, but the prompt for the Booth presentation is actually the same as what they had last year. Has the school changed from last year? Or is it the same awesome place with the same great offering - and the same culture, and value prop, and people, and values?

If the answer to that question is no, that the school is indeed the same, and if this open-ended question that they're asking is the same, then we think it's a fine strategy to proceed with what's worked in the past - and a presentation of a life story is one example of that. Certainly not the only way to go, but we can green-light that idea as one that can work.

As always, it all comes down to the execution, and we're talking in hypotheticals and concepts here - not everyone's "life story" (in terms of how they construct it in a PPT) is created equal. YMMV and all that. But conceptually, sure, we don't see no problem with that - as one possible choice among many.

EssaySnark

Thanks EssaySnark. Will be looking forward to your take on this year's Chicago essays. On a side note, I think the first essay can be used to indirectly mention your goals. We can frame it like .. the favourite part of my work is x y and z. These would implicitly link to elements of a career post-mba or a longer term personal vision.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3  ...  71   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6929 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts