Last visit was: 22 May 2024, 22:03 It is currently 22 May 2024, 22:03
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8  ...  85   
BSchool Forum Moderator
Affiliations: SPG Platinum, Southwest A-List
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.56
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
Send PM
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink]
Hi everyone,

I am looking to visit Kellogg in the next couple weeks. Is it possible to do a class visit on a Friday? I'm having trouble finding the class schedule. SInce we can't pre register, is it possible I might have trouble getting a spot?

Thanks.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
HoopDreams wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am looking to visit Kellogg in the next couple weeks. Is it possible to do a class visit on a Friday? I'm having trouble finding the class schedule. SInce we can't pre register, is it possible I might have trouble getting a spot?

Thanks.

Some schools don't have classes on Fridays. i would call the Admissions Office and ask them about class visits on Fridays.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [0]
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
Pretty sure Kellogg's off day is Wed., not Fri. Last year they had class visits on Fridays in the Fall. Since school just got started it's possible that they simply haven't loaded the calendar yet.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Ward2012 wrote:
HoopDreams wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks.

Some schools don't have classes on Fridays. i would call the Admissions Office and ask them about class visits on Fridays.

Well, leave aside Fridays, class visits at Kellogg don't start until Oct. first week. Please check their website/call the adcom and then plan your trip.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Anyone submitting their application by Sep-18? (The date by which its recommended to submit the app for off-campus interview)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.29
Send PM
ritzoo wrote:
Anyone submitting their application by Sep-18? (The date by which its recommended to submit the app for off-campus interview)

Working on submitting in time for the recommended off-campus deadline.

Does anyone know whether there are adverse effects if interviews are waived?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
ritzoo wrote:

Nope. That information came too late in the process for my to change up my plans for R1. I am still aiming to submit for the actual R1 deadline and hope it doesn't adversely affect my chances of getting an interview!
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
westsidah408 wrote:
ritzoo wrote:

Working on submitting in time for the recommended off-campus deadline.

Does anyone know whether there are adverse effects if interviews are waived?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EssaySnark posted this:

essaysnark wrote:
ricecake wrote:
Essaysnark,

Do you know if on-campus and off-campus are very different? Is one preferred over another?
Nope, none preferred, they're treated equally and the actual experience itself should be fairly similar regardless of who conducts it - though we have to say, if you can get to campus, that's an advantage for you in terms of learning more about the school, the culture, and what they offer. It also shows your motivation (the schools don't technically use it in evaluating apps but it does make a difference when the adcom reviewer sees you went to the effort).

The big downside of requesting an off-campus interview is the risk that it might get waived. Be sure to read about the policy on this; if you're in an area of high demand - or if you submit later in the cycle - then they might not be able to match you up with someone. We've seen all sorts of stress around this in past years; it may be smoother this year with a single-submit app, we'll need to see. Sometimes the interview could initially get waived and then they would invite the person to interview anyway. They claim that people are accepted even when the interview is waived and we're sure it's possible, but we have never seen it happen. Not that we know all the Kellogg applicants! There's surely been some where it played out that way. It's just not the norm.

EssaySnark
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi all. Am unable to preview my whole application before submitting it. Anyone facing the same problem? In the Review, there is a submit button. However, it is warning you can make no changes if you submit it.

Also, can someone guide me how one has gone about filling the International experience details - Should it be purely professional or can it be a personal experience as well?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
Send PM
chdheeraj1 wrote:
Hi all. Am unable to preview my whole application before submitting it. Anyone facing the same problem? In the Review, there is a submit button. However, it is warning you can make no changes if you submit it.

Also, can someone guide me how one has gone about filling the International experience details - Should it be purely professional or can it be a personal experience as well?

I have the same issue. As of last week (even as late as Sunday night when I previewed it) I could look at a PDF document. Now I can't. It's weird.

I'm on the same boat as you re: international exp. I put one professional and one personal experience.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Because am unable to preview the application, I am not sure what is the word-limit for the International experience thing. Last week, I observed I could fill in just 4 lines but now am not sure. Can anybody please share if they are facing the same issues?
@ricecake- i dropped a mail to adcom and they haven't got back yet. Am wondering whether i should submit my application or wait for them to fix these bugs?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
How should I answer the following questions on the application:
Quote:
Will you receive any tuition reimbursement from your employer? Will you be financially sponsored for your MBA studies by your current employer?

I will be applying for a scholarship from my employer, which would completely cover tuition. However, I won't know if I'll get the scholarship until after I submit my application. My thought was therefore to play it safe and answer no, but I want to see if others agree.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.3
WE:Management Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
missxmelon wrote:
How should I answer the following questions on the application:
Quote:
Will you receive any tuition reimbursement from your employer? Will you be financially sponsored for your MBA studies by your current employer?

I will be applying for a scholarship from my employer, which would completely cover tuition. However, I won't know if I'll get the scholarship until after I submit my application. My thought was therefore to play it safe and answer no, but I want to see if others agree.

I am in the same boat and was also planning to answer no.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
ndmaynard wrote:
I am in the same boat and was also planning to answer no.

Makes sense. Ha, we have the same GMAT score and similar GPA and WE!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Send PM
I have a question about how admissions work at Kellogg.

Obviously, fit is a big factor for the school, which is why the admissions committee seeks to interview nearly all candidates. If the interview comes WEEKS after submission, how do they actually view our application without the interview component? Of is interview the last security check against toxic character flaws?

Just curious,

Celer
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [0]
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
CelerIP wrote:
I have a question about how admissions work at Kellogg.
Obviously, fit is a big factor for the school, which is why the admissions committee seeks to interview nearly all candidates. If the interview comes WEEKS after submission, how do they actually view our application without the interview component? Of is interview the last security check against toxic character flaws?
Just curious,
Celer

The interview comes weeks after submission at most schools; it's the unusual case where the interview comes early in the evaluation cycle. In all cases, the interview is one more datapoint that admissions uses; they combine it with everything else you present to make their decision. The interview at a school like HBS tends to hold more weight than at Kellogg, but it's an important input for all of them.

Hope that helps!
EssaySnark
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Send PM
essaysnark wrote:
CelerIP wrote:
If the interview comes WEEKS after submission, how do they actually view our application without the interview component?

The interview comes weeks after submission at most schools; it's the unusual case where the interview comes early in the evaluation cycle. In all cases, the interview is one more datapoint that admissions uses; they combine it with everything else you present to make their decision. The interview at a school like HBS tends to hold more weight than at Kellogg, but it's an important input for all of them.

Hope that helps!
EssaySnark

Thanks EssaySnark! I guess my question had more to do with, when Kellogg will begin reviewing the application - is it after submission of the written part, or after the interview is completed?

HBS obviously views the written part first, and determines who goes forward to the interview stage. But since Kellogg tries to interview everyone, are they evaluating applications before interviews are completed?

Thanks!

Celer
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8  ...  85   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6936 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts