Last visit was: 07 Jun 2024, 17:27 It is currently 07 Jun 2024, 17:27
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Official GMAC Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 164 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Affiliations: National Institute of Technology, Durgapur
Own Kudos [?]: 1911 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Health Care)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 541 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink]
I am using the latest version of GMAT Prep on my MAC. My Exam 3 just hung in the middle of the IR section. I am extremely disappointed! Its hard enough to take out the time to practice the real test, and then this happens. What is the solution?? I had to restart GMAT prep and start the test again but Im not entirely sure if its worth it because the software might get hung again! whats the solution?
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi nj511,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. However, there is a solution to this.

If you haven't already done so, please update your software to v2.2.317, which is available for download at www.mba.com/gmatprep.

Upgrading your current version is easy: simply download and install the new GMATPrep file over your current application (you do not need to uninstall the old version). You will not lose any information relating to your history to date and any installed Question and/or Exam Packs will continue to be active.

To retrieve lost exam results from version 2.2.315, click “Review your practice exam scores” from the home screen.

What browser are your using? We have found that people using Chrome have experienced difficulties with their software. All other browsers are fine to use.

If none of the above works for you, please email socialmedia@mba.com and a member of our customer care team will assist you.

Many thanks,
Tina
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Tina, thanks for your response. But the new version .317 keeps getting erased for some reason. After your message, I upgraded the software again after which it worked fine. But a couple hours later, it somehow downgraded itself .306. I am now downloading .317 for the third time!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
Send PM
Hi,
I updated my GMATPrep to v2.2.317. I think there may be an issue with the scoring.

For my exam 4, for the quant section, I got a score of Q48 (78%) and I only got 7 questions wrong.
Wrong Questions - 2,17,25,26,28,31,35
Traditionally, I would have scored much higher with this accuracy since I got most of the first 20 questions correct.

For my exam 3, I got a score of Q49 (83%) with 13 questions wrong.
Wrong Questions - 3,5,6,9,14,21,22,24,26,27,32,33,37,35

Can someone please provide some feedback?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 119 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Hello Official GMAC representative,

I purchased the 'The On Demand GMAT® Study Collection' couple of months back. I was very disappointed to find that the 9 tests were in PDF format and not online CAT exam. the product description is '1,100 real GMAT questions online is very misleading. I paid $199.95 for it. I understand that there are no refunds for digital products. IS there a way to get CAT versions of these tests? Thanks
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi nj511,

Apologies again for this. Have you had any luck downloading the updated version of the software? If not, please email socialmedia@mba.com
Please also let me know so I can let them know to look out for your email.

Many thanks,
Tina
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi jaspar,

Thanks for letting us know. I have forwarded your email to the Customer Care team and developers. Can you please email socialmedia@mba.com giving them the email address you used to register on mba.com (it must be this address) and your phone number so our Customer Care can contact you directly.

Many thanks,
Tina
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi sujatha05,

If you haven't already downloaded the free GMATPrep software, this will give you a good sense of the real test environment: https://www.mba.com/store/store-catalog/ ... tware.aspx

All of our test preparation products including the On Demand Collection contain real questions from retired GMAT exams. The detailed description tab on the On Demand Collection product page (https://www.mba.com/store/store-catalog/ ... ction.aspx) clearly lists each of the three products that comprise the On Demand Collection, which includes GMAT Paper Tests. There is not a computer adaptive version of the Paper Test product.

All the best with your GMAT and please message again if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
Tina
Manager
Manager
Send PM
OK I think there is something seriously wrong with the scoring algorithm or something which GMAC has changed drastically. :cry: :oops:
I got 7 wrong in Maths and scored a 48 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I got 12 wrong in verbal and I got 33 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

My Overall score is 660.
I have downloaded the new software version too. But I am severely disappointed with it now.

I am attaching screenshots here for others to verify and post it. This was my last test and I was saving this for my last practice before my GMAT. This was certainly not a confidence booster... :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:
Attachments

File comment: Verbal attempt screenshot
Verbal Screenshot.png
Verbal Screenshot.png [ 552.02 KiB | Viewed 4666 times ]

File comment: Maths attempt Screenshot
Maths Screenshot.png
Maths Screenshot.png [ 560.36 KiB | Viewed 4667 times ]

Originally posted by TheMechanic on 29 Oct 2013, 11:48.
Last edited by TheMechanic on 29 Oct 2013, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
My overall score is here.. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Attachments

File comment: Weird!!!!!!!
Overall Score.png
Overall Score.png [ 522.71 KiB | Viewed 4649 times ]

Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi vabhs192003,

I apologize for the inconvenience. I will let our Customer Care team know about this problem. In order to look into the problem, we will need the email address you registered with when creating your mba.com account and your phone number, so the team can contact you directly.

If you do not wish to share your personl information on this forum, please email socialmedia@mba.com

Apologies again.
Tina
Manager
Manager
Send PM
OfficialGMAT wrote:
Hi vabhs192003,

I apologize for the inconvenience. I will let our Customer Care team know about this problem. In order to look into the problem, we will need the email address you registered with when creating your mba.com account and your phone number, so the team can contact you directly.

If you do not wish to share your personl information on this forum, please email socialmedia@mba.com

Apologies again.
Tina

Hi Tina,

I have already raised it with the team in my last email as I saw others also getting the same issue. Its unfortunate to see that nothing was done on it. I was just assured that my test score for GMAT Prep EXAM 3 would return. (Please refer to my earlier post in same thread.)

However you still insist I will drop a fresh mail on the subject to socialmedia@mba.com.

I have my GMAT exam day after tomorrow. Even if a resolution is rolled out in separate release I wont be benefited. :cry: :cry: Just disappointed as of now.

Thanks,
Vaibhav.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi vabhs192003,

The team has looked into your query and I am writing to confirm that the GMATPrep scoring algorithm is accurate. Like the GMAT® exam, an individual’s GMATPrep exam score is determined by the number of questions answered accurately, and more importantly, by the difficulty level of the questions answered as well. It is possible to earn a similar score for the same section in two different exams even when you answer more questions incorrectly in one exam than another.

In both the free GMATPrep software and in GMATPrep Exam Pack 1, there are enough questions to populate two exams each. Once you take the exams in the free software more than twice, or in the Exam Pack more than twice, you will begin to see repeat questions. This may alter the scoring outcome of your exams.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best,
Tina
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1129 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Finance
Schools: HEC '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Send PM
dabral wrote:
Thank you for releasing these much needed additional computer adaptive tests. I appreciate that GMAC is willing to release GMAT questions that reflect the difficulty and content of the current GMAT questions. This will help students get a realistic sense of what the actual GMAT is as opposed to relying on the older set of questions that form the bulk of the content in the Official GMAT guides.

I reviewed the new exam pack. I must say that the content is still the same and 99% of these questions are from old sources. I think it is not fair to SELL them and name them as completely new and never seen before.
My money is lost for nothing. almost 0.0009% new questions. that is not fair!!!
that's a shame. people earn money with lots of difficulties and waste them for completely old questions ((( I am sad and disappointed
you should not sell them naming them new,since it is not true! u should not make money selling them at all ((
Tutor
Affiliations: GMATQuantum
Own Kudos [?]: 657 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Expert Reply
@LalaB

The pool of questions in GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is entirely new, meaning it is not present in any of the prior officially released GMAT questions. GMAC is correct in this assertion. Perhaps you can give us some examples of problems that you see in Exam Pack 1 that are present in the official guides or other official GMAT products released earlier.

Cheers,
Dabral
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1129 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Finance
Schools: HEC '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Send PM
dabral wrote:
@LalaB

The pool of questions in GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is entirely new, meaning it is not present in any of the prior officially released GMAT questions. GMAC is correct in this assertion. Perhaps you can give us some examples of problems that you see in Exam Pack 1 that are present in the official guides or other official GMAT products released earlier.

Cheers,
Dabral

imo strange meaning of NEW. I saw all these questions in paper tests.
didnt know that NEW means not to be included in OGs. they should mention that these questions are from paper tests. in this case people who bought paper tests will not waste money buying the same questions twice

For example, I saw this question charcoal-from-a-hearth-site-in-colorado-2-000-miles-south-11419.html
see that this question was posted in 2004! is it fair to sell it as NEW after 9 years????

here is one more example - the-total-market-value-of-real-estate-in-altonville-has-51207.html
posted in 2007 in this forum and now sold by GMAC as new

perhaps i am not right, but i am sad,since i wasted my money ((
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi LalaB,

Thanks for your message. I can also confirm that all the questions in GMATPrep Exam Pack1 are completely new. Can you please send us a screen shot of what you are referring to so can verify your concerns?

Many thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Tina
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7