Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 10:42 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 10:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
WE:Project Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink]
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: Independent Activities Period
I want to begin by saying thank you to everyone who applied to the MBA and MFin programs over the past few weeks.  We are looking forward to learning more about you as we review your files.  It is amazing to see such broad areas of interest and intellectual curiosity among the applicants.

MIT Sloan is an opportune community to be apart of when it comes to exploring passions and interests. January is the start of IAP (Independent Activities Period) at MIT Sloan and across the entire MIT campus. It is a unique time for everyone in the MIT community to explore a variety of personal interests and topics – from designing your own clothes, to improving your poker game, even taking a beginners ski and snowboarding class.

Many MIT Sloan second year students take this opportunity to travel around the world, either through Action Learning projects or personal treks with their classmates. Many first year MBA students prepare for interviews and work closely with the Career Development Office (CDO) on internship/job searches.  Many of our MFin students are participating in FRP (Finance Research Practicum) projects.

Read about MBA student Caroline Mauldin’s incredible IAP experience last year, as she traveled to Tanzania as part of an energy project. You can also follow along as a current group of MBA students heads to Serbia as part of their Global Entrepreneurship Lab (G-Lab).

Stay tuned for a spotlight blog highlighting a few MIT Sloan students’ IAP experiences this year at the end of the month!

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
In Round 1, they held interviews in Shanghai, Seoul and Hong Kong towards the latter part of the interview period. I think there were also interviews in Mumbai, and maybe Delhi? You'll have to check forum history to confirm: it feels like a long time ago now! Also keep in mind that R2 hub cities might be different as well, which is possibly why Admissions don't release the information.
If you are unable to organise travel to a hub city, you'll be able to interview via Skype. I think someone in the thread earlier wasn't given sufficient notice to arrange for an entry visa in time and ended up conducting a skype interview.
happyinlove505 wrote:
Guangjujiu wrote:
Anyone know when we can expect to hear about interviews?

As far as I understand interview invites will be sent no earlier than February.

Does anyone know what are the hub cities for MIT Sloan Interviews?
I reside in Central Asia and I want to have a face-to-face interview,
Probably getting a US visa for campus visit is not going to be quick, so I want to have a beforehand understanding what are other options.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: Update for MBA Round 2 Applicants
The Admissions Team has been busy hosting AdMIT events, receptions, and webinars for our Round 1 AdMITs around the globe.  AdMIT events offer admitted applicants the chance to meet with Admissions representatives, current students and alumni to learn more now that they have been accepted to our program. Round 1 AdMITs – we are excited to meet you!

Admissions Team Members Rod Garcia and Julie Strong hosting an event in our Latin American Office

If you are an MBA Round 2 applicant – congratulations on submitting your application! You might be wondering . .  .

What does that mean exactly?

Good question! A committee of professional readers review your application to evaluate your demonstrated successes and personal attributes. They will read your entire application, including your optional information (which, by the way, are proving to be amazing so far!).  From there, the committee will evaluate each candidate and a subset of applicants will be invited to interview.

When can you let me know if I am being invited to interview?

Interview invitations will go out mid-February and continue throughout March. If you do receive an invitation, there will be specific instructions included so you know what to expect and how to prepare. Through the application review process and interview stage, our goal remains to get to know each and every applicant better. I have been reading applications for over 7 years now, and I have to tell you, it doesn’t get old. However, it does take some time to do a comprehensive review.  We appreciate your patience and of course, if you have any questions during this time, you are always welcome to email us at mbaadmissions@sloan.mit.edu.

How do I ace the interview?

If you would like to prepare for the next stage of the evaluations process, refer to our previous post on Interview Tips and watch Associate Director Jen Barba explain what to expect for your interview. Since the interview is behavioral based, providing past examples of what you thought, felt or did in a specific situation will have the most impact.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hello fellow GMATClubbers...I have applied R2, but not sure if I have received a confirmation email. Do they send an email, if so what does it look like? Thanks!!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: MFin Applicants – What Comes Next
Dear MFin Applicants,

Thank you for your interest in our program, and thank you for submitting your application! We know that you are anxious and curious – so here is a rundown of what comes next:

The Admissions Team will begin sending MFin interview invitations starting tomorrow, January 21st and will continue to send them periodically through Friday, February 14th.  If you are not invited for an interview, you will receive a final decision from us by February 14th.  We request that applicants do not email the Admissions Committee inquiring about their interview invitation status.  We understand that this is a stressful time for applicants and we very much appreciate your patience.

All MFin interviews will be conducted in person.  In addition to holding MFin interviews here in Cambridge, we will also be meeting applicants for interviews in Shanghai, Paris, and Santiago.

Specific details regarding interview dates and locations are still being confirmed, but interviewees will receive an invitation one week prior to your interview date. If you are not living in one of the interview locations, you’ll be given the choice to meet us in the closest location to you, or you are always welcome to join us here on campus in Cambridge.

Now, some additional interview tips and reminders on our policies:

• All interviews are conducted by members of the MIT Sloan Admissions team – not by students or alumni. 
  • We will be sharing an additional Interview Preparation Guide for those candidates invited to interview. 
  • A valid passport or photo ID is required at your interview.  Please make sure your name is printed in English on the ID. 

There are three components to the interview:

[*]You may be asked follow-up questions from your application. For example, your interviewer might ask you to elaborate on your academic and/or professional experiences, or provide more detail on a specific example from your application.[*]You will be asked behavioral questions that will give evidence of certain competencies. An example of the type of question we may ask: “Describe a situation where you had a conflict with another individual, and how did you deal with it?”[*]Finally, we will give you the opportunity to ask us any questions.[/list]

Lastly, except for updated Fall 2013 transcripts, we are not accepting any additional application materials at this time.

The Admissions Team is looking forward to getting to know interviewees better – We hope that you take the opportunity via the interview to get to know us better too!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
Send PM
smithmo wrote:
Hello fellow GMATClubbers...I have applied R2, but not sure if I have received a confirmation email. Do they send an email, if so what does it look like? Thanks!!!!

If you log on to the sloan application website, you will see the status. In my case, I see "Complete and Being Evaluated"

Matt
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Any R2 applicants have their optional presentation/video viewed yet?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: Current Students: What Surprised You About MIT Sloan?
We asked current MBA and MFin students: “Did anything surprise you about MIT Sloan?”  You may be interested in what they had to say:

• I shouldn’t have been surprised, but you just can’t help noticing the level of diversity among the student body.  It’s the best place for making friends and I am thankful for all the interesting people I have gotten to know. In general, the international aspect adds so much to classroom discussion.

MIT Sloan 100K Competition

It makes you see things in a different way and this is powerful  and important in the business world of today.
  • I was surprised that students are empowered to drive forward their ideas, no matter how ambitious or impactful.  The Administration steps forward and supports you, but the execution rests firmly on the students’ shoulders.  This speaks to the entrepreneurial spirit that is ever-present at MIT Sloan.
  • In some ways, it’s a breath of fresh air.  Not everyone is going into consulting or finance.  There’s freedom and flexibility.  I came to AdMIT Weekend and loved the people I met.  Such diversity and creativity is not typical.  They seemed to have richer experiences and a variety of aspirations.
  • There was more freedom than I expected to choose your curriculum. I was in command of where I wanted to go with my education.

MIT Sloan Students at a Cultural Function

• The emphasis on group-based assignments surprised me.  Teams are formed where everybody has something to bring to the table. I really liked that because I learned something new every time I met my team,  and I’m still good friends with my teammates.
  • I was surprised at how many opportunities there were to socialize and network. The C-Functions allowed me to connect with a lot of students who I otherwise wouldn’t have met.  I was also surprised by the number of business-plan competitions and hackathons.
MIT Sloan is a community that embraces diversity, and has an energetic and entrepreneurial spirit. I hope this gives you an inside scoop into what life is like for an MIT Sloan student! I invite you to visit campus to see for yourself.

MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10019 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey Guys,

We have updated the first post with Event calender and some screenshots of MIT Sloan employment report for class of 2013 as well as Internship report for class of 2014. You can also download complete employment reports from there.

Thank You!
Stanford School Moderator
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
smithmo wrote:

I got an email from Rebecca telling me that my application is complete. I think you can log in to your online application and check there. My status says "complete and being evaluated"
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools: Sloan '16 (S)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.27
WE:Engineering (Insurance)
Send PM
Hi All,

I applied to the LGO program through Sloan and am curious where other R@ applicants may be in terms of their application status as listed on Sloan's site.

I didn't receive an LGO interview invitation with the round that went out for a few weeks ago and at this point am not expecting to be invited to interview for the LGO program. Where does that put me in the regular Sloan process for R2?

My status on Sloan's site is listed as "Submitted," as it has been since I submitted. For those with "Complete and being evaluated" status, how soon was the change made from "submitted?" Although they say there are some LGO rejects that are admitted R2, I can't tell whether those are rejects that LGO interviewed or not.

Anybody else still at "Submitted" and not yet at "Completed...?" My fear is that either:

1. Whatever grouping of ultimately-rejected LGO applicants I am in will not be considered independently on time with other Sloan R2 group, thereby reducing chances of admission to just Sloan.
2. My application was incomplete (99% sure this is not the case)
Send PM
cheezy31 wrote:
Hi All,

I applied to the LGO program through Sloan and am curious where other R@ applicants may be in terms of their application status as listed on Sloan's site.

I didn't receive an LGO interview invitation with the round that went out for a few weeks ago and at this point am not expecting to be invited to interview for the LGO program. Where does that put me in the regular Sloan process for R2?

My status on Sloan's site is listed as "Submitted," as it has been since I submitted. For those with "Complete and being evaluated" status, how soon was the change made from "submitted?" Although they say there are some LGO rejects that are admitted R2, I can't tell whether those are rejects that LGO interviewed or not.

Anybody else still at "Submitted" and not yet at "Completed...?" My fear is that either:

1. Whatever grouping of ultimately-rejected LGO applicants I am in will not be considered independently on time with other Sloan R2 group, thereby reducing chances of admission to just Sloan.
2. My application was incomplete (99% sure this is not the case)

if it helps - my status was changed from "submitted" to "complete and being evaluated" about 4-5 days after the R2 deadline.

I have no doubt your app will be reviewed, and i don't think they will treat your app any differently if you are rejected by LGO.

If you still are upset about it, send an email to adcom. they will be delighted to help you - Mrs. Harriet Barnett was an absolute joy. mbaadmissions@sloan.mit.edu
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Optimist2014 wrote:

Mine was viewed for the first time today.
Just 15 mins before; from Needham, USA !
16.2 miles away from Sloan. (courtesy : google maps)
Send PM
goizuetaprospective wrote:
Optimist2014 wrote:

Sorry but what's this optional prez/video? i did not see any sign of this on the official site? thx
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
azowu wrote:
Optimist2014 wrote:

Sorry but what's this optional prez/video? i did not see any sign of this on the official site? thx

It's the Sloan "Optional Information" essay. The essay is optional and can be either written or a multimedia presentation.

Here is a link to the instructions: https://mitsloan.mit.edu/mba/admissions ... ctions.php
Send PM
Ward2012 wrote:

azowu wrote:

It's the Sloan "Optional Information" essay. The essay is optional and can be either written or a multimedia presentation.

Here is a link to the instructions: https://mitsloan.mit.edu/mba/admissions ... ctions.php

oh thanks for the info and posting the link! I just shamelessly used a optional essay template......... :oops:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Optimist2014 wrote:

Nice. Was beginning to wonder if the optional materials had any appreciable relevance to the app in general. Did you do a video or ppt?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  44   45   46   47   48   49   50  ...  71   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts