Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 14:55 It is currently 04 May 2024, 14:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Leadership, Human Resources
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Darden - Class of 2016
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Round 3 Deadline Approaching: 27 March 2014
If you would like to be considered for admission into Darden’s full-time MBA class starting this August, submit your application by the Round 3 deadline on Thursday, 27 March.

Start Your Application

Have Questions?
If you have any questions about the admissions process or want to learn more about the Darden School of Business, you can chat with an admissions committee member on Wednesdays from 12:30-1:00 p.m. (ET). Simply login on a Wednesday at 12:30 p.m.

You can also learn more about Darden by taking our virtual tour, which includes videos describing student life and 360° panoramic photos of the Darden Grounds.

We look forward to reading your application soon!

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
New US News Rankings are out. Darden ranked joint 11th with Ross.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: -6 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V38
GMAT 3: 680 Q45 V39
GMAT 4: 760 Q48 V47
GPA: 3.97
Send PM
bschoolaspirant9 wrote:
New US News Rankings are out. Darden ranked joint 11th with Ross.

Super cool. Very exciting!

.. they better let me in now ;)

P.S. Ouch, Fuqua.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Guest Blog: My Experience With Diversity at Darden
In the guest post below, Second Year student Maribel Garcia goes beyond the classroom and writes about the events during one weekend at Darden:

Maribel Garcia
MBA Class of 2014

“When asked to write a blog entry I was a bit disoriented on where to start.   What’s my message?  Do I need an overriding theme?  Who am I talking to?  Is this a diary?  And then the weekend came — dinner with global leaders, executing a global conference and a drag brunch.  My weekend was the perfect inspiration for this blog: My Experience with Diversity at Darden.

The weekend kicked-off with Darden’s Inaugural Global Conference.  While the conference is meant to promote diversity at Darden, for me the true essence of diversity came in the months of planning with eight different affinity club leaders, all from different countries: China, India, Ghana, France, Argentina, Japan and the United States. I took the role of conference co-chair thinking that the job would entail event planning and project management, but boy was I in for more!

Our first meeting last spring was scheduled for 30 minutes, yet the meeting went on for over two hours!  I remember leaving the meeting with a headache and at the same time a thrill for the challenge that lay ahead: the unchartered path of putting on Darden’s Inaugural Global Conference, the opportunity to make a mark, a clean canvas to design the conference the way we wanted, and of course coordinating six different international clubs and leading people of different cultures and backgrounds towards a common goal.

Being of a multi-cultural background myself, I felt I was “in my salsa” as they say in Spanish — meaning this was my natural habitat.  I grew up learning to navigate seamlessly between my European and Latin American background and the melting pot where I was raised — New Jersey.  But even that expertise was put to test at Darden.

Working closely in a diverse, professional setting for months is a completely different experience from having everyday small talk with individuals of different backgrounds.  Here, I had to get buy-in from leaders with different priorities, cultural norms and interests.  My leadership skills, cultural sensitivity and emotional and social intelligence were truly put to the test.  The results were a success, even more so for an inaugural event!  We had over 20 speakers come from countries around the world representing a wide variety industries. We had speakers from Walmart, to the World Bank, to the NGO Village Capital.  And just as Darden promised, I got to experience in real-time what it takes to be a global leader.

On Sunday, I was back at it — I went to Fellini’s for brunch — a great Italian-American restaurant in Charlottesville that puts on drag brunches the first Sunday of every month.  In the spirit of ‘Love is Love’ month, the GLAD club (Gays, Lesbians and Allies at Darden) kicked-off the month at Fellini’s.  ‘Love is Love’ is a series of events held at Darden throughout the month of February (coincidentally with Valentine’s Day), promoting the inclusion of the LGBT community.  What I thought was simply a social event turned into an educational one.

As the music turned up and picked up its pace, the crowd began to part to make way for the ladies and their lavish attires.  An international student next to me applauded and said to our table, “I don’t get what this has to do with the LGBT community.”  “Neither do I,” I thought to myself, but I wasn’t about to admit it out loud.  A board member of GLAD explained to the student that drag was not about the gender or sexual preference of the person. The GLAD member went on to explain that drag is an art, a form of expression in which individuals act out and play with the varying elements that traditionally define gender.  As a community that is largely misunderstood, the essence of drag and expression is very important in the LGBT community.  Ah ha!  And if I had stayed home and had cereal, I would have missed out on this tid-bit of education that takes place outside the classroom.

While my experience this weekend is not the norm at Darden (who has dinner with global leaders every weekend?), in some way I think it is very representative of the diverse experiences that I have here.  One can attribute my experience to the clubs that I am involved in, but my experience and definition of diversity go beyond these clubs.  Diversity to me goes beyond nationality, sex or race — it’s the accumulation of life experiences that make an individual unique in his/her thoughts and views.  More importantly, diversity at Darden is about not only making these experiences come together in a room, but also about making them work.  At Darden we strive not to color within the lines when it comes to diversity — we go Picasso and make the definition our own.”

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
Anyone know how competitive R3 is for Darden. I'm looking to apply in R3. I have a 680 GMAT, 3.3 GPA, great w/e, and great EC. Most likely retaking GMAT and looking to get 700+
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.62
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
AsnAth wrote:
Anyone know how competitive R3 is for Darden. I'm looking to apply in R3. I have a 680 GMAT, 3.3 GPA, great w/e, and great EC. Most likely retaking GMAT and looking to get 700+

Why don't you give a try? At least you can get the feedback if you fail.
However, you should give school a reasonable reason why you apply so late.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Darden is giving out admission decision - little nervous.
In these recent days, I read anything about Darden (forum, blog...) and watched many Sara 's video. I fall in love with Darden. If Darden is a girl, I will marry her. I truly wanna spend my next two years here.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V46
GPA: 2.32
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Send PM
paladin3828 wrote:
Darden is giving out admission decision - little nervous.
In these recent days, I read anything about Darden (forum, blog...) and watched many Sara 's video. I fall in love with Darden. If Darden is a girl, I will marry her. I truly wanna spend my next two years here.

Darden decision date is not until March 25.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I see someone R2 updating their status in recent days and even today.
I checked old topic that Darden could send decision a little bit earlier than announced.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q169 V165
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
paladin3828 wrote:
I checked old topic that Darden could send decision a little bit earlier than announced.

And I never even got an interview. Guess it is time to let go of that last glimmer of hope and start looking towards next year.

Good luck to everyone who interviewed!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
paladin3828 wrote:

Source? It may be Consortium-related.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Last year, Darden released R2 decision on March 19th
darden-virginia-2013-calling-all-applicants-135936.html
This Friday has passed, hopefully we may receive good news next week.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
10 days to go!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bluehorseshoe87 wrote:
paladin3828 wrote:

Source? It may be Consortium-related.

It is. They called Consortium applicants the day after the Consortium draft. Usually for the general application, admitted applicants get a call the day before Decision Day.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
Send PM
@JDMBA2012 - so if you applied via the Consortium, and didn't get a call this past week, should one assume they've been dinged?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hbsfitness45 wrote:
@JDMBA2012 - so if you applied via the Consortium, and didn't get a call this past week, should one assume they've been dinged?

No, I think they call some, if not all, Consortium applicants who received a scholarship. Consortium applicants who only received the membership will be called on the 24th. The idea is to call those who received scholarships as soon as possible after the draft in case they are considering offers from other schools.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Darden - Class of 2016
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
paladin3828 wrote:
Last year, Darden released R2 decision on March 19th
darden-virginia-2013-calling-all-applicants-135936.html
This Friday has passed, hopefully we may receive good news next week.

yes, but decision date was the 20th. So they called 1 day before.
I think we should expect calls to start the 24th this year.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  29   30   31   32   33   34   35  ...  40   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts