Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 11:57 It is currently 03 May 2024, 11:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Send PM
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink]
Schingi wrote:
Has anybody of you guys already interviewed or received an invite?
Can we assume that no interview = ding?

Well, if you're an international applicant, you would likely receive a waiver. No waiver, I would assume, means a ding, but who knows.

U.S. applicants would probably be a ding, since you had the chance to set up an interview and didn't? Again, that's what I'd assume.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Ah great! I'm international and received a waiver but I believed they wouldn't admit you without a Skype/phone interview?
Things are getting exciting now~
In appr. 7 hours we'll know...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I did an on campus interview.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
Schingi wrote:

I believe No interview = WL at best.

I was interviewed on 14/04 and received a phone call last week, but I'm in Colombia and the communication was really bad, I couldn't speak for more than 2 minutes w/o the call cut off. The admissions office called me several times but it was impossible to talk. He asked me about my resume and my goals.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sydbarrett wrote:
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
Schingi wrote:

I believe No interview = WL at best.

I was interviewed on 14/04 and received a phone call last week, but I'm in Colombia and the communication was really bad, I couldn't speak for more than 2 minutes w/o the call cut off. The admissions office called me several times but it was impossible to talk. He asked me about my resume and my goals.

You interviewed and then they called you back? Perhaps they wanted to clarify something about your application, it sounds like.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was interviewed on 14/04 and received a phone call last week, but I'm in Colombia and the communication was really bad, I couldn't speak for more than 2 minutes w/o the call cut off. The admissions office called me several times but it was impossible to talk. He asked me about my resume and my goals.[/quote]

You interviewed and then they called you back? Perhaps they wanted to clarify something about your application, it sounds like.[/quote]

Yes, i guess that too. But because of the bad communication we couldn't speak much. I asked the guy from Admission if he wanted me to call him back but he said it wasn't necessary.

Good luck to everyone!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sydbarrett wrote:

amj643 wrote:
You interviewed and then they called you back? Perhaps they wanted to clarify something about your application, it sounds like.

sydbarrett wrote:
Yes, i guess that too. But because of the bad communication we couldn't speak much. I asked the guy from Admission if he wanted me to call him back but he said it wasn't necessary.

Good luck to everyone!

Yeah, no use worrying about it now. Either way, I hope you get good news sometime today!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys. I'm international applicant and received a waiver but few days later they call me to interview by skype. Reading last post I realize that is a good sign.
By what time do you think we will have an answer?
Are they calling every admited?

Good luck Everyone!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Pablo,
As far as i'm aware they call admitted students. As the day goes on i think it's less likely to be good news for international applicants!
Although no updates here as regards phonecalls yet...

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quote:
Hey Pablo,
As far as i'm aware they call admitted students. As the day goes on i think it's less likely to be good news for international applicants!
Although no updates here as regards phonecalls yet...

verymoreish,
why do you think this way? Any experience? Do you have any notice they all ready start caling? Any information is well received
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Just received the ding email... I would imagine those would all go out at once, so if you haven't received one hopefully that's a positive sign.

Bummed, but it's been a great experience from start to finish, thanks to all on this forum for your help and guidance.

Off to Notre Dame! :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Waitlisted for R3.
Anyone think there's any possibility of getting an acceptance off the waitlist?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
verymoreish wrote:
Waitlisted for R3.
Anyone think there's any possibility of getting an acceptance off the waitlist?

Yep, me too. Waitlist city!

The only chances of getting off are up to the Probability Gods with regards to how many spots will be available after the R3 deposit deadline. So, there will be more waiting until then, and after that, there may or may not be any spots left to fill at all. There usually are a few though.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Worst case I suppose it's a sign that they are interested in us and might be a good sign for next year R1?
When is that deposit deadline amj? I know I could google that but I'm so lazy! - Maybe that's why I'm just on waitlist ;)

Fingers crossed there will be a few spots and only a few waiting. Do they have a long waitlist?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
verymoreish wrote:
Worst case I suppose it's a sign that they are interested in us and might be a good sign for next year R1?
When is that deposit deadline amj? I know I could google that but I'm so lazy! - Maybe that's why I'm just on waitlist ;)

Fingers crossed there will be a few spots and only a few waiting. Do they have a long waitlist?

Who knows how long the list is. I figure they'll know about more spots after the R3 deposit deadline, which is June 5th. If they don't have any spots available, they'll put everyone out of our misery. If they do have a few spots left, I think we could hear anytime before June 25th.

I've heard of folks getting in over the summer, so the adcom likely wouldn't waitlist people in R3 if they thought there would be no spots left for a few folks to sneak in through the back door. :wink:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: The MBA and Life Checklist: Choosing your MBA Program (Part 5)

Kellogg Professors Derek Rucker and Tim Calkins speak to students about how to score ads during the 2014 Kellogg Super Bowl Ad Review.

This post is part five in a series. See part one, part twopart threepart four.

As I was making my decision to attend Kellogg, I asked myself six questions to determine whether it was the right place for me. Here is the fifth:

Is the classroom both timely and timeless?

The educational arena has to provide a platform to understand the past, predict the future, and conceive of how they both relate to current events. For example, the wisdom of marketing guru Philip Kotler has to be combined with the impact of digital and social media for both to have meaning. For instance, our Black Management Association (BMA), with the help of corporate partnerships, developed programming to talk about the effects of multiculturalism and the Hip Hop Culture in marketing. Ignore Facebook’s acquisition of https://gmatclub.com/chat and you miss a real-time case about marketing and acquisition that’s happening right around you. Structure is necessary; however, I prefer flexible rigidity, for as Mark Twain wrote, “you can never let schooling interfere with education.”

Christopher Alexander introducing Steve Stoute, CEO & Founder of Translation, Author of Tanning of America and 2013 AdAge Executive of the Year, at the BMA Conference

Christopher Alexander ’14 is a  2008 graduate of Morehouse College and is in his second year of the 2-year MBA program at Kellogg, his focuses on the Marketing and MORS curriculum. After graduation Chris will be heading back to Deloitte Consulting’s Strategy and Operations group, but will be based in Seattle along with his fiancé, and also Kellogg 2014 graduate Jessica Lane. Chris is very active on Kellogg’s campus, primarily as outgoing Co-President of the Black Management Association, Admissions Interviewer, and member of the class gift committee. Chris originally hails from Roxbury, New Jersey.

Filed under: Academics, Admissions, Student Life Tagged: black management association, experiential learning, MBA Program, Super Bowl
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts